cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access old listings from Turbo lister?

I used Turbo Lister for years, and I have thousands of listing in my database which I would like to access.  I know I can't list using Turbo Lister anymore, but I can copy and paste descriptions which I have already written.  This was working fine until today when it forced me to sign into my ebay account.  The problem is that the sign in page in Turbo lister doesn't work anymore.  It doesn't display properly and gives script errors.

Is there a way to bypass this sign in page so I can access my listings?  I would hate to lose years of work.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Access old listings from Turbo lister?

Try ignoring the script error message and sign in anyway. This has worked for me. Haven’t had to sign in for a while though.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I can't get that to work.  There's a space for my user name, but nowhere to type my password, and "continue" button doesn't do anything. 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@acxelectronics wrote:

I used Turbo Lister for years, and I have thousands of listing in my database which I would like to access.  I know I can't list using Turbo Lister anymore, but I can copy and paste descriptions which I have already written.  This was working fine until today when it forced me to sign into my ebay account.  The problem is that the sign in page in Turbo lister doesn't work anymore.  It doesn't display properly and gives script errors.

Is there a way to bypass this sign in page so I can access my listings?  I would hate to lose years of work.

I feel for you. Back in July I made sure I exported all my Turbo Lister listings to CSV files. Never trust a software company to support a discontinued product. 

That being said ... 

I would check into whether third-party products like SixBit have the ability to import from Turbo Lister data files. Maybe you can get lucky and sign up for a free trial and get access to your old listings. 

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Ebay should have warned us that out stored data would eventually become inaccessible!

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I just had the same exact problem this wkend. And there is no way to ignore the "Script error" message.

While poking around here for answers someone suggested setting the clock back on your computer.

I tried it and it works!

I'm using a desktop Dell, Firefox browser, and just went in as the Admin and made the change of year to January 1, 1019. It took a couple of minutes to  be 'applied' but then i was automatically in TurboLister without even a sign-in. I immediately exported all my files to the CSV format (the middle option) and it took all of 2 minutes.

While that was happening i went to check my email and got a "Clock Error" message  which wouldn't allow me to access any of my email accounts. Not only that, i wanted to search for how to open/view those CSV files (have not figured that out yet) but even my Bing & Google search engines wouldn't let me proceed without fixing the clock first.

So once you've exported all that you need to, get back to the right clock setting so you can do all your other business too.

If someone knows how to open those CSV files that will strip away all the HTML coding, without using Excel or some other Office based software i would be most appreciative. I just need the Item Descriptions as there was a lot of research put into those rare items i still have and may want to relist some time in the future. I don't need or want to relist currently.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I'm using a desktop Dell, Firefox browser, and just went in as the Admin and made the change of year to January 1, 1019. It took a couple of minutes to  be 'applied' but then i was automatically in TurboLister without even a sign-in. I immediately exported all my files to the CSV format (the middle option) and it took all of 2 minutes.

Off to try this - it would wonderful to access this data again...............you meant Jan 1, 2019, correct, not 1019?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@acxelectronics wrote:

Ebay should have warned us that out stored data would eventually become inaccessible!

They did.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Yes --- 2019.

Sorry 'bout that.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Wow!!!  don't need it, but that's sure a great tip for those that do........

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

This is the error message I get

There was an error reading your uploaded file. Please verify the file is valid CSV or TSV format and try again

🙃

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Yes, it is.

Could not get it to create the file and import to excel - but I did get it to migrate to the free thingee from Wonder Lister that I had saved from last summer on my desktop screen when this was all going away and then into excel.  No pix came thru, but the description fields are there and pricing, etc.  Pix should still be on external drive anyway.  Thanks SO much for sharing this, just assumed it was gone forever.

Posting ID Only.......
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@boins57 wrote:

I just had the same exact problem this wkend. And there is no way to ignore the "Script error" message.

While poking around here for answers someone suggested setting the clock back on your computer.

I tried it and it works!

I also had this issue several weeks ago and just got around to trying to find a solution.

With this great tip, I was able to find this:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.html

It lets you run a specific application for a specific time/date while leaving the system clock and other applications alone.  It has a GUI, but it'll even let you create a shortcut.  I tried it and it works great with time/date permanently set to 1/1/2020.  With this, you can continue to use TurboLister to access your stored auctions.  Note that for TurboLister, you need the 32-bit version.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Great program if I could get it to work.  I know I am something wrong.  Can you help me?   turbo.jpg

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I figured it out.  I needed to run as administrator.  Works, kinda buggy but thats OK.  Thanks.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply