cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About videos

Listened to the Seller check in and in the session about the new listing form, the lady who presented made some interesting statements about videos.....  I can't link to them because they don't have replays of the "extra sessions" or whatever they were called.

Anyway, she said that they had recently done updates on how videos were being handled.  I understood her to mean within the last several days.  As of the update, the reviews were being handled much faster....Most within 24 hrs, all within 48 hrs (some minor exceptions).  Also, IF the videos rejected, there should be a popup with a code number when you hovered over the rejection (I presume that means when you go to revise and see the rejection).  Where you find the explanations relative to the codes, I didn't get.......maybe instead of a code, it's an explanation.

She was pretty adamant that they were sure the review time was much improved......so I'm curious to hear what experiences people have had THIS wk or later with trying to use videos. 

@gurlcat    I know you were wondering about this............

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: About videos

WOW.  Now that is some real data.  So, did even the previously rejected video get accepted the second time?  Also, when you say "replaced" did you just hit 'Revise', delete the videos in review, then add them again?  Or did you end the whole listings, then re-list or 'sell similar' them, also deleting/re-adding the videos?  

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Yeah I know some buyers are space cadets, don't read descriptions (where I also said the pendant is 3" tall) and maybe some don't even look at all the photos, just the thumbnails.  But when it comes to designer vintage costume jewelry, you just have to trust me when I say buyers will study every pixel of every photo, lol.  And in this case they'd be handing over a pretty penny for something they didn't thoroughly consider.  -My current price is probably pie-in-the-sky, but I would definitely be shocked if I don't get a 3-digit figure for this piece, anyway.  If you look at Sold listings of Hattie Carnegie and sort by 'Highest' you'll see what I mean.  

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Just sold the necklace for $275 to a terrific-looking buyer in the UK (stellar feedback both by/for others)!!!   WOOO-HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!    

Now, was it the video whatdunnit?  I dunno, but it obviously didn't hurt!!  

Actually, when it's all said and done (she's received the necklace and is happy), I think I'll write to ask what, if any, impact the video made on her decision to buy.  Ooo, better yet, I'll ask now, with a 'free vintage bonus goodie jewelry piece' incentive, to throw in her package (something that would add less than an ounce for her overseas shipping). 

Research and analysis, yo.  

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Wow..........great news........and I'd sure try to ask about the video...........and let us know the answer!!!!!

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Of course I will! 😀

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

So I wrote to her and got an immediate answer:
"I loved the video, it’s such a good tool, enabling me to have a 360degree view of the necklace, although I would have purchased her anyway."

Ha, so my "obviously didn't hurt!" conclusion was basically spot-on.  As in, not having the video wouldn't have been a deal-breaker, but "such a good tool" is still a pretty compelling statement, certainly more so than if she had said "I didn't even watch the video" or "Actually I thought the necklace looked better in the still photos but I still wanted it" or something like that.    And truth be told, it's probably impossible for a buyer to be perfectly objective about what did or didn't influence their decision, other than hard facts like seller's shipping cost/time, feedback, etc.  

Message 21 of 21
latest reply