cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First listing

Should i get permission from ebay for my first listing ?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

First listing

@sanjaya9504 

< Should i get permission from ebay for my first listing ? >    

Prior authorization is required for only a very few types of items.  If you like, you can come back to the boards and provide details like what item you're talking about, and get more specific answers.  Or, if you prefer, you could just go ahead and create the listing ... if you listed something that's restricted, you can count on eBay letting you know quickly. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

First listing

You'll need to setup a Payoneer account and link it to eBay if you have not already.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

First listing

@sanjaya9504 

Did you link your bank account to Payoneer? Did you register your account with your country of Sri Lanka as a business? Did you retain a business license? Did Ebay send you an email saying that you are approved? If not, this is what you need to do.

It can take weeks to be approved from Ebay.  You cannot just decide you want to sell something and then try to sell it.  There are requirements and protocols for all sellers. 

Follow through with all these requirements and then you can sell.  Good luck. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

First listing

Yes, sellers from Sri Lanka need to receive that email from eBay  when eBay has activated your selling account saying you're all set. If you start listing before you are approved you could be suspended.

It takes 2-4 weeks for eBay to verify your information after sucessfully linking a Payoneer account for payouts. 

Sri Lanka requires a business license for online selling. Get that first because it's one of the things they'll verify.

You must link a Payoneer account for payouts.

The type of Payoneer account you link to eBay matters.  

On eBay you can sell on a personal eBay account or a business eBay account, either type of eBay account is okay, however the Payoneer account must match. If your eBay account is a personal account you must link an Individual Payoneer account, and a Company Payoneer account to a business eBay account.

Your name and address has to exactly match your National ID or driver's license on all your accounts.

Payoneer lets you know right away if you're successfully linked. Then after successfully linking a Payoneer account it will take eBay another 2-4 weeks to activate your selling account. You'll receive an email from eBay saying You're all set! when you're approved.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Payment-Resources/Were-you-asked-to-link-a-Payoneer-account-for-payouts...

While you're waiting go to eBay Seller School. It will teach you how to write a proper title and description.

https://sellerschool.ebay.com

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

First listing

Sri Lanka needs to receive that email from eBay saying they're all set before they list. They'll also tell them their listing limits which could be as little as 1, 3, or 10 items starting out.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply