cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About those preorder requirements...........

Trump sneakers not available before July, 2024..................

Ebay is going to need  alot of takedown muscles.......

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

C-3PO called. He wants his shoes back. 

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Sadly, even when reported eBay seems to have a 50/50 accuracy rate for takedowns of preorder violations. The bot's get it wrong 50% of the time - on the identical item they pull it and then on the same item send a message that it is not a violation. And then, some sellers simply repost with zero consequences even when they as sellers along with their pre-order inventory items have been reported over and over and over to the point that reporting is futile. One seller even sends tracked "receipts" to customers and the buyers give positive feedback expressing appreciation for the "receipts".  Fast forward 6-12 months those buyers are going to be most unhappy to find that tracking shows their purchase as delivered and eBay and Credit Cards are not a recovery option & there will be no bad feedback option.  So, wait for it: Trump sneakers, Barbie American Girl Doll, Weird Barbie Doll, Kansas City Chief Barbie on and on - the pain of scammed buyers is looming, and eBay seems unable to manage this even when the sellers and their pre-sale items are reported multiple times with a detailed explanations of why this is bad for buyers and legitimate eBay sellers who actually follow the rules.  eBay can be very tough on sellers - but it sure seems random and inconsistent. I get it, this is a gigantic platform - but surely something can be done to weed out the most blatant offenders particularly the ones who re-list immediately after a listing take down for a pre-sale violation.  Some will say "buyer beware" - getting a weird barbie doll that Mattel sold for $50 each that has not even been mailed by Mattel for under $50 is an obvious red flag.....but not all buyers are aware of how eBay MBG works and assumptions are dangerous but really.....don't we want people to trust eBay and the sellers here? It seems to me that a little effort to monitor this will bode well for both the reputation of eBay and Sellers both - for me I have quit reporting violations because I find that at this point it is an exercise that is simply a waste of time. Rest assured, I only report obvious, large and consistent violations that are going to potentially harm a number of sellers - only to see absolutely nothing done. 

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

There's going to be one unhappy buyer when they find out they paid $2000 for a printed photo of the shoes..

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I wonder if they will be coming from China?

And only one pair was made?....

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

I reported around 10 listings for the shoes, half were removed the other half, they didn't see anything wrong.

Have a great day.
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

He gonna need em' w/ the likely October Surprise come out Germany.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Ebay is going to need  alot of takedown muscles

@dhbookds 

They better start soon.  They have all sorts of "actors" selling these including quite a few dormant buyer and seller IDs that should realistically have "selling limits" below the selling prices shown.  Gotta love the AI 'must have' some of them are using as well.     Though the claim is only 1000 made, I would venture to guess we will see more for sale here than were ever produced.  No authenticity guarantee, but they are covered by the MBG.  Yes, ebay better get on this.  

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

Ebay is going to need  alot of takedown muscles

@dhbookds 

They better start soon.  They have all sorts of "actors" selling these including quite a few dormant buyer and seller IDs that should realistically have "selling limits" below the selling prices shown.  Gotta love the AI 'must have' some of them are using as well.     Though the claim is only 1000 made, I would venture to guess we will see more for sale here than were ever produced.  No authenticity guarantee, but they are covered by the MBG.  Yes, ebay better get on this.  

@ittybitnot sadly most won't even be covered by the MBG since it will be long past the MBG timeline by the time the supposed presale date has come and gone and buyers realize they've been left holding the bag.

I've previously seen some buyers in this position get "courtesy credits" in these situations and eBay staff have even previously confirmed support can still help if there was a presale violation even if it's after the MBG time.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-Promoted-Funkoween-Presale-Violations/m-p/32013380/highli... 

Unfortunately, support has more recently been refusing to step in to help, even when buyers cite that very clear answer given by community staff.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I called to ask the question how how can you sell something you don’t have in your possession that seems to be against Ebay policy and they told me that it was just fine so I said if it’s OK with you then I suppose it’s OK with me.  Those sellers listing them will be long gone by the time these are released in July . 

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

This will be interesting. 

Remember when sellers were selling "Stanley cups"....and month ago and a lot of sellers got their accounts suspended? 

What if some trademark thing like the "cups" happened and all these sellers get accounts suspended?

Could happen and be rather interesting.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@tammiegoldenhair wrote:

I called to ask the question how how can you sell something you don’t have in your possession that seems to be against Ebay policy and they told me that it was just fine so I said if it’s OK with you then I suppose it’s OK with me.  Those sellers listing them will be long gone by the time these are released in July . 

Pre-Sales are allowed but they are supposed to be within 40 days of the availability date.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/presale-policy?id=4252

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I hope it was worth it, the sellers offering these sneakers will quickly see their accounts terminated after ebay gets flooded with complaints of unhappy customers who never received their orders.

The shoes are estimated to ship sometime in July, but no definitive date has been issued, it is just an estimate.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps 

Was thinking the same thing...🤔

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

That's just insane.  I'll never understand some people.  So, they will probably get their money back, but we will probably all have to foot the bill.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply