cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600+ items and no sales for a week

So I haven't made any sales since the end of September, and I'm worried what the issue is. I don't know if it has to do with the recent changes USPS made. I have close to 300 watches on the items I listed, but none of them have budge.

I know some of you said that I should cheapen the prices, but the problem is that my grandmother wants me to charge people more if you want to take the selling business seriously. And even then, I can't cheapen the prices due to how the listings I had actually counts as the free listing

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

I just came to the boards looking for the same issue. Right now I'm running a 30 percent sale on all the items in my store and got one sale all this week. I only use USPS for shipping; I wonder if Ebay is throttling USPS stores because of whatever change the post office did? I'm not looking forward to changing all the shipping on every item I offer...

Message 2 of 64
latest reply

@jet_joa wrote:

I only use USPS for shipping; I wonder if Ebay is throttling USPS stores because of whatever change the post office did? I'm not looking forward to changing all the shipping on every item I offer...

I ship exclusively using USPS and I've had an average of one sale every day in October so far.

Message 3 of 64
latest reply

I am trying to find out the same thing. No sales all week. They just stopped. 

Message 4 of 64
latest reply

I average $550-$650 a week for over over 4 years, 2 items a day minimum sold. I have sold exactly 6 items for just over $120 this week. Ever since PLA came to fruition it is like LIGHTS OUT! I have 2,000 items in my store and this is NOT NORMAL!

Message 5 of 64
latest reply

SAME HERE!!!!! I used to get 3-4 a day, sometimes one person would be 5 games and I could get 10 a day! last 10 days, a few total sales, last 6 days NADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  **bleep** is going on??? Its not slow time, its the new promotional algorithm~~~~

Message 6 of 64
latest reply

Join the club unfortunately. My sales were growing to 2-4 daily, then a few weeks ago when I hit 500 listings exactly sales stopped. Now I am lucky to have a few sales per week and that is pathetic. I decided to completely reboot the store and see it changed anything. Now I am averaging 1 sale a day, but still, not the same as it was. I noticed when they started the Pay Per Click Campaign is when sales stopped for me. I use to promote all of my listings, now I promote none and sales have increased even though views are way down.

I counted the other day most of my items are only getting 1 view per every 4 hours, and that's on a good day. I know i sale items that most are not looking for, but I know my numbers and the change that has taken place over the last month. The holiday season will be interesting (and I am saying that for reasons taking place outside of Ebay as well that are affecting us all around the world).

Message 7 of 64
latest reply

auctionpet
Guide

Just goes to show "watchers" mean nothing! It can be very frustrating.

Message 8 of 64
latest reply

Same here. I have called customer service and wasted my time 3X in the last week. This is no joke.  WE KNOW that something is not normal. Selling here over 15 years and know our patterns of sales now. This last week was the WORST of it ever. No views, or new watchers on anything listed this last week either. Besides the LOW sales. Only sales are from either a few ended auctions or sent offers. NO Organic search related sales.

Message 9 of 64
latest reply

Sounds like your selling on Ebay, or trying. Ebay's broken, they are no longer my go to platform. I list and don't expect to sell, but if I do I take that as a bonus.

Message 10 of 64
latest reply

Start using promotions: it pay to sell on ebay these days it seems....

Message 11 of 64
latest reply

I just want to add -- this week my page views have been scathingly high -- not impressions -- *views* -- but next to no buyers. I had really good ( comparatively) sales in Aug and Sept.    I have a couple of NWT items as low as 3-5 dollars, good pics ( comparatively,lol), no bad feedback, etc etc. 

I really am puzzled. 

Message 12 of 64
latest reply

I have about 250 items listed.

I rarely get a 0 sales day, maybe once every 2-3 months.

For you to have 600+ items  listed and have 0 sales for a week is INSANE!

It has to be stuff nobody wants ... stuff that's over-priced ... or both.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 13 of 64
latest reply

I have been selling on ebay for 10 years, I sell expensive luxury handbags for a living (Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, etc) and I roughly sell $700k a year in goods. Since the middle/end of sept, I have seen a HUGE drop in sales and impressions. I am selling next to nothing now when usually I sell $50-$60K a month. Impressions (organic and promoted) are down 70% which is extremely mind boggling. I haven't ever seen such a drop like this before... not even during the pandemic. Something is seriously wrong. Tons of sellers jumping ship, even my suppliers are noticing the change, no one knows what is going on but whatever it is, its very scary. 

Message 14 of 64
latest reply

This is not my thread, I just sort of have the same problem as the original poster. I don't think my stuff is terrifically overpriced,  and I've made sales, but I've made some terrible calls too over the years. What's your secret to finding inventory that's in demand? 

That's a serious question, I've been stuck with all kinds of inventory over the years 🙂

Message 15 of 64
latest reply