cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3000 plus bad feedback left by a buyer who is ripping off sellers

Hi eBay

I would like to know something. I have a buyer who will not take delivery of item he got from me then opened a case and then told the post office to do a Redelivery Scheduled for tomorrow. The person is a buyer only on his account with 16000+ feedback and has left 3000+ bad feedback for what looks to be the same thing he is pulling with me.

Why will EBAY NOT DO SOMETHING AND LETTING THIS PERSON RIP OFF HUNDREDS OF SELLERS

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: 3000 plus bad feedback left by a buyer who is ripping off sellers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeannicho22 wrote:

@north-georgia-outdoors wrote:

trinton@ebay

First of all the guy hasn't bought three hundred thousand items nor has he left 300,000 feedback the guy that leaves about 50% bad feedback from looking over what he leaves second of all almost all of it has to do with non deliverable items.

Feedback can be used as a weapon no matter what you guys say that work at eBay that's the cold hard facts that you guys just don't care about.  

What this guy did was open up a case for the item not received because he didn't receive it at his house because there was no quote access according to tracking he opens up a case and then he schedules it for redelivery that is fraud plain and simple.

But as always you guys won't do anything just like the post of where the guy called someone a child molester and said that he needed to be taken out.

Our first example of what makes an abusive buyer.

IF the buyer were purchasing 300,000 and 1% of their purchases were bad.... That buyer would need a crash course on responsible buying.  But then as @north-georgia-outdoors says, that isn't the case.

@Anonymous 

Will ya guys at least look into this buyer? You don't have to tell us what happens... Just tell us you will contact the OP and look into it.

Hi @jeannicho22, definitely want to clarify that while we aren't able to share details here of another members account, we do look into reports to ensure everything is working as it should. If a member of the Community Team replies to clarify that correct action was taken, correct information was given, there are no signs of abuse, etc. it should be inferred that we have looked into the situation and found no cause for alarm. Often times there are details not visible publicly or not shared by an OP that would clear up confusion, however, in most situations it would not be appropriate to share additional details if those details pose a privacy concern for our Community.

I can only reiterate that a 1% rate of negative experiences, especially in certain categories such as fashion or electronics, would not be in any way whatsoever an indication of abusive behavior on the part of a buyer. There are many buyers who do purchase an incredibly large number of items on the site, and there are also many buyers who only leave feedback if a transaction is poor, or somehow stands out as remarkably positive. A buyer is not required to leave feedback and I strongly encourage everyone to remember that reviewing the feedback left for others does not provide a clear picture of a buyer's behavior.

Message 61 of 67
latest reply

Amazon would have booted him a long time ago, heck I'm not sure who would have not by now.

Message 62 of 67
latest reply

@Anonymous 

WOW no signs of abusive behavior. I can look at 8 pages at 200 feedback left and yes your right it is not 50% 

But guess what I counted the number of bad a net feedback it was 132 out of 200. It is like this on a lot of the feedback pages.

What shows feedback abusive behavior? 30% 50% 90%

You don't think this person is scamming people, contact the other sellers on his account, I would put money on it he is scamming 75% of the people he buys from. Most sellers my size would of just refunded his money and walked away.

Message 63 of 67
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hillbillymedia wrote:

"What this guy did was open up a case for the item not received because he didn't receive it at his house because there was no quote access according to tracking he opens up a case and then he schedules it for redelivery that is fraud plain and simple."

I had a buyer do this exact thing to me. Took me for a $35 game. Ebay wouldn`t do squat to help.

I believe that there may be a misunderstanding in this thread related to what it means when a package is scheduled for redelivery. While this may indicate the buyer has contacted the courier about their package, it also could indicate the seller has contacted the courier about the shipment, and it also could come up when the courier themselves have decided to try delivering the package again.

I have personally had purchases be scheduled for redelivery when nobody was home to receive the package and I took no steps to do this myself. I ask that if you encounter a situation where your sale shows that delivery has been rescheduled that you continue to provide professional customer service to your buyer, as this quite often indicates no negative behavior on their part at all. In fact, if a buyer were to proactively contact the courier to work out delivery, this is a sign of a responsible buyer and something we recommend buyers do when their item has not yet arrived. A seller is protected when delivery has been attempted already, so there is no cause for alarm when the shipping carrier is going to try to delivery an item again.

Message 64 of 67
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@autopiacarcare wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I can confirm there are no signs abusive behavior

And this, ladies and gentleman, is your new eBay Seller Protection! Don't we all feel safer now that it has been confirmed there are no signs of abusive behavior here?

Hi @autopiacarcare, I apologize but I'm uncertain as to what your concern is with my update. This has been reviewed and I've confirmed that there are no signs of abusive behavior. As I have stated in other replies, you are not able to see the total number of transactions and thus cannot see the ratio of negative experiences compared to total purchases. I am letting you know now as clearly as I can, there are no signs of abuse in this situation. I encourage you to review this thread again and consider how many assumptions are being made by others that may have lead to incorrect perceptions about this transaction. 

I understand that selling can be very stressful, and feeling safe and protected is a top priority for our Community. I assure you, if there was any evidence to support the idea that abusive behavior was present, I would be happy to get this reported and let everyone know that I'm going to ensure appropriate action is taken. As it stands, there are no signs of abuse present, and I can only continue to ask everyone to remember that they do not have all of the details and the concerns that may be coming up for them are based on assumptions.

Message 65 of 67
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@north-georgia-outdoors wrote:

@Anonymous 

WOW no signs of abusive behavior. I can look at 8 pages at 200 feedback left and yes your right it is not 50% 

But guess what I counted the number of bad a net feedback it was 132 out of 200. It is like this on a lot of the feedback pages.

What shows feedback abusive behavior? 30% 50% 90%

You don't think this person is scamming people, contact the other sellers on his account, I would put money on it he is scamming 75% of the people he buys from. Most sellers my size would of just refunded his money and walked away.

Hi @north-georgia-outdoors, while I cannot share with you what percentage of negative feedback would be considered abusive when compared to the total number of purchases, I can reiterate that this situation does not show any signs of abusive behavior. You are attempting to calculate a buyer's poor experiences when compared to their total number of feedback - this is not accurate, and as proven by this thread, can lead to unfounded distress for a seller.

Message 66 of 67
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I have locked this thread from additional responses as it has become unproductive. I want to remind everyone of a few key points for future discussions:

• It is against our Community guidelines and eBay policy to request or share another member's username in an effort to shame their behavior.
  • When reviewing situations about feedback, everyone must remember that a buyer's feedback left for others is not an accurate representation of the ratio of negative situations they have had in comparison to their total purchases.
  • Once a shipment has been attempted to be delivered or is available for pickup, the seller's obligation for delivery of their sale has been fulfilled.
  • When a member of eBay staff engages to confirm there are no signs of abuse or cause for alarm, while we generally cannot elaborate, this should indicate to everyone that there are more details present that what has been shared in the thread or is publicly visible.
  • Lastly, when engaging on the boards we expect that communication remain respectful - passion, debate, and constructive criticism are all welcome however the use of all caps, baiting comments, or direct attacks on another member's character are not allowed.
Message 67 of 67
latest reply