cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3000 plus bad feedback left by a buyer who is ripping off sellers

Hi eBay

I would like to know something. I have a buyer who will not take delivery of item he got from me then opened a case and then told the post office to do a Redelivery Scheduled for tomorrow. The person is a buyer only on his account with 16000+ feedback and has left 3000+ bad feedback for what looks to be the same thing he is pulling with me.

Why will EBAY NOT DO SOMETHING AND LETTING THIS PERSON RIP OFF HUNDREDS OF SELLERS

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

If you haven't done so, place the buyer on your BBL.

Message 2 of 67
latest reply

File an on-line complaint with the postal inspector for possible mail fraud.

Last I heard, they take a dim view of such activities.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 3 of 67
latest reply

Maybe no one has reported this buyer before.

Message 4 of 67
latest reply

@Anonymous 

What advice do you have for this seller-- and 3000 others.

And given the record of feedback, would the buyer still be eligible for MBG?

Message 5 of 67
latest reply

I have reported him to eBay and I also filed a thing with the post office just now. I am not dealing with this dude.  I mean it is so easy to see what he is doing. Saying he did not get it and yes it does happen but then tells the post office to re-delivered the item as he has done in this case with me.

Looking though the 100's and 100's of red feedback this person leaves it is clear what he is doing. I mean I don't really care to much as it happens to us all but this is a little over the top crazy that it is being done to so many by one account.

To put icing on the cake I looked up the address and zillow says the house he owns as he is listed as the over is worth over 3.2mil on the beach in CA. I wonder where he got a house like that.

Message 6 of 67
latest reply

Here is a screen shot of a little feedback this person leaves. Names removed

Message 7 of 67
latest reply

I wonder where he got a house like that -op 

Probably in the same way crooked politicians do   🙂  - Tulips 

Message 8 of 67
latest reply

@north-georgia-outdoors wrote:

Here is a screen shot of a little feedback this person leaves. Names removed

Good grief - Yeah  it's not him  whose  wrong  ,, it's everybody else . Let's hope e bay  puts this cash cow out to pasture . Tulips 

Message 9 of 67
latest reply

I mean I've seen buyers who do some unsavory things before and I've dealt with some unsavory buyers who like to leave bad feedback here and there but this guy takes it to the next level and he's using it 2 basically scam sellers and open cases with eBay. 

I thought it was crazy to that it all has to do with not delivery but that has to do with cuz he is refusing delivery having it held at the post office opening a case with eBay seller refunds his money and he has it delivered the next day.

I know how he paid for his house by the way it's ripping off sellers on eBay

Message 10 of 67
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

@Anonymous 

What advice do you have for this seller-- and 3000 others.

And given the record of feedback, would the buyer still be eligible for MBG?

I hope you are not waiting standing on one foot. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Sometimes, having lots of money brings despair, unemotional feelings, maybe hoarding, dissatisfaction, etc.

But in fine print, this type of buyers are the ones that make so many sellers say goodbye to Ebay.  One buyer has made hundreds if not thousands of buyers think about other pastures as somebody said. 

latest reply

I mean I've seen buyers who do some unsavory things before and I've dealt with some unsavory buyers who like to leave bad feedback here and there but this guy takes it to the next level and he's using it 2 basically scam sellers and open cases with eBay. 

I thought it was crazy to that it all has to do with not delivery but that has to do with cuz he is refusing delivery having it held at the post office opening a case with eBay seller refunds his money and he has it delivered the next day.

"Unsavory", what a polite way of putting it.  That is quite an understatement.  

I'd venture that if there are 3,000 negs & neutrals showing on the is buyer's FB left for others, there are probably 100's more that were removed so you aren't seeing those.

Amazing how this buyer still has buying privileges.

Hang in there.  When a buyer refuses delivery on an item, in the Ebay system, that counts as a delivery as far as the seller is concerned.  So if they were to file an INR after refusing delivery, they would not win that claim.

I sincerely hope this one turns out for you.  Hopefully Trinton will pop in tomorrow with a bit more guidance. 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 67
latest reply

Isn't what this 'buyer' is doing CRIMINAL? What about involving the postal people and maybe the police?
Message 13 of 67
latest reply

I wonder if anyone from eBay is going to look into this if not I guess I will start posting on facebook and so on.

Message 14 of 67
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

"Unsavory", what a polite way of putting it.  That is quite an understatement.  

I'd venture that if there are 3,000 negs & neutrals showing on the is buyer's FB left for others, there are probably 100's more that were removed so you aren't seeing those.

Amazing how this buyer still has buying privileges.

Hang in there.  When a buyer refuses delivery on an item, in the Ebay system, that counts as a delivery as far as the seller is concerned.  So if they were to file an INR after refusing delivery, they would not win that claim.

I sincerely hope this one turns out for you.  Hopefully Trinton will pop in tomorrow with a bit more guidance. 

Regarding one particular thing you said:  "Amazing how this buyer still has buying privileges"

From what I've seen eBay is an equal opportunity ecommerce site, where both bad High Volume Sellers and bad High Volume Buyers are not disciplined properly and are allowed to continue their bad actions. 

eBay seems to be more focused on the revenue stream vs. protecting the eBay Community.

Message 15 of 67
latest reply