cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3000 plus bad feedback left by a buyer who is ripping off sellers

Hi eBay

I would like to know something. I have a buyer who will not take delivery of item he got from me then opened a case and then told the post office to do a Redelivery Scheduled for tomorrow. The person is a buyer only on his account with 16000+ feedback and has left 3000+ bad feedback for what looks to be the same thing he is pulling with me.

Why will EBAY NOT DO SOMETHING AND LETTING THIS PERSON RIP OFF HUNDREDS OF SELLERS

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: 3000 plus bad feedback left by a buyer who is ripping off sellers

If it matters I did report him to the post office I am not sure if the mail cops will do anything yet but I am sure they will do more then eBay at this time.

Message 31 of 67
latest reply

I have been wondering that myself and how he opened up the case. At this point I have no clue.

Message 32 of 67
latest reply

It's just a shame that people exploit things like that.

Message 33 of 67
latest reply

I have heard "there is no such thing as a bad buyer" (which is insanity) and this is exactly the kind of buyer NO ONE wants. This is a symptom of our current society where we are pressured to put up with such behavior bc someone somewhere MAY make a buck off them in some way shape or form. Meanwhile, countless others are ripped off and abused. This rings true from e-commerce to in-person retail. The idea that such people should be put up with is insanity. To turn a blind eye to such behavior simply reinforces it. I buy a lot on here and negatives are few and far between. To make excuses for this person is just pathetic.

Message 34 of 67
latest reply

Does anyone know if I can post his username so everyone who reads this can block him? I can't find anything that says if I can or cannot.

Message 35 of 67
latest reply

That is awful. How about sending an anonymous letter to the IRS to see if this clown is reporting the income that he makes ripping off sellers? With that much feedback, is he a seller too?
Message 36 of 67
latest reply

@north-georgia-outdoors wrote:

Does anyone know if I can post his username so everyone who reads this can block him? I can't find anything that says if I can or cannot.

You cannot post their username.

You can upload the tracking to the case then call to have it closed in your favor. Available for pickup qualifies as delivered for a not received case.

Wait- does the tracking actually say available for pickup or held at customer request? What is the exact message on the tracking before scheduled re-delivery?

Message 37 of 67
latest reply

This is what tracking info says

Message 38 of 67
latest reply

Delivery attempted- no access

That qualifies you to win the item not received case. It's up to the buyer to retrieve the package from their PO or schedule redelivery while providing an accessible location for package delivery.

Message 39 of 67
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

That qualifies you to win the item not received case. It's up to the buyer to retrieve the package from their PO or schedule redelivery while providing an accessible location for package delivery.

Yes it does IF the buyer had not have formally requested for USPS to redeliver.  Ebay would take that into consideration now.  If the buyer had filed an INR before they did that, they certainly would have lost.

Now if the buyer doesn't take this delivery and then files an INR, again the seller could easily win that one and should call immediately to get it closed in their favor before the buyer tries anything else.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 40 of 67
latest reply

One other thing.  The buyer is lucky the PO still had the package.  Usually with that much time difference, USPS would have already started the package on it's journey back to the seller.

Message 41 of 67
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Yes it does IF the buyer had not have formally requested for USPS to redeliver.  Ebay would take that into consideration now.  If the buyer had filed an INR before they did that, they certainly would have lost.

Now if the buyer doesn't take this delivery and then files an INR, again the seller could easily win that one and should call immediately to get it closed in their favor before the buyer tries anything else.

Scheduling a redelivery voids seller protection? I was under the impression that the original delivery attempt is all that's required to win a not received case.

Message 42 of 67
latest reply

@north-georgia-outdoors wrote:

trinton@ebay

First of all the guy hasn't bought three hundred thousand items nor has he left 300,000 feedback the guy that leaves about 50% bad feedback from looking over what he leaves second of all almost all of it has to do with non deliverable items.

Feedback can be used as a weapon no matter what you guys say that work at eBay that's the cold hard facts that you guys just don't care about.  

What this guy did was open up a case for the item not received because he didn't receive it at his house because there was no quote access according to tracking he opens up a case and then he schedules it for redelivery that is fraud plain and simple.

But as always you guys won't do anything just like the post of where the guy called someone a child molester and said that he needed to be taken out.

Our first example of what makes an abusive buyer.

IF the buyer were purchasing 300,000 and 1% of their purchases were bad.... That buyer would need a crash course on responsible buying.  But then as @north-georgia-outdoors says, that isn't the case.

@Anonymous 

Will ya guys at least look into this buyer? You don't have to tell us what happens... Just tell us you will contact the OP and look into it.

Message 43 of 67
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Scheduling a redelivery voids seller protection? I was under the impression that the original delivery attempt is all that's required to win a not received case.

And you would be correct IF the buyer had actually filed an INR, but I don't think they have.  

If this delivery attempt doesn't happen and if the buyer then files an INR, the seller can win it EASILY.  all they need to do is call Ebay and get it closed in their favor.

Message 44 of 67
latest reply

yes they did file a INF case on me.

on the phone with ebay they said they are closing the case in my favor and will remove any bad feedback they leave me.

but even still this user should be band from ebay

Message 45 of 67
latest reply