Did you mean: 

2018 Holiday Carrier Guidelines

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi sellers, 

Hope you find the following useful :

46883221_1969931096417810_2016190238677794816_o.jpg

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: 2018 Holiday Carrier Guidelines

We are all little elves trying to pass on info. Sometimes it gets presented correctly and sometimes an elf needs a little help. 😀

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 16 of 47
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

Your welcome Alan - it was a little confusing. Do we have additional forum helpers now?

Hi @tunicaslot,

Not sure that I understand the question, please clarify. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 17 of 47
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

I don't think sharing carrier deadlines will mean much to buyers since sellers have such a wide range of handling times and use many different carriers and services. As tunicaslot said, buyers need to be reminded to look at the estimated delivery dates on listings, not at the carrier deadlines.

I don't want a buyer to get upset their item didn't arrive by Xmas because they looked at the carrier's last ship-by date and didn't factor in a seller's handling time or the type of shipping service (Priority vs Ground, etc).

Buyers can use that as a general guide for expectations.   It doesn't hurt.  I will be sure to go into the Buyer's Board, which of course anyone here can do, to add that information so there is no confusion, and thank you.

Message 18 of 47
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

Your welcome Alan - it was a little confusing. Do we have additional forum helpers now?

Hi @tunicaslot,

Not sure that I understand the question, please clarify. 

I thought everyone was a forum helper.  But then again, maybe not.  Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

Message 19 of 47
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

I don't think sharing carrier deadlines will mean much to buyers since sellers have such a wide range of handling times and use many different carriers and services. As tunicaslot said, buyers need to be reminded to look at the estimated delivery dates on listings, not at the carrier deadlines.

I don't want a buyer to get upset their item didn't arrive by Xmas because they looked at the carrier's last ship-by date and didn't factor in a seller's handling time or the type of shipping service (Priority vs Ground, etc).

This was posted on the Buying Board thread:

Re: 2018 Holiday Carrier Deadlines/Guidelines
in reply to 11-30-2018 03:47:28 PM
castlemagicmemories

An additional note:  Please be aware that every sellers chooses a different handling time.  The best indication you have of when your item will arrive is the estimated delivery timeframe shown on the listing. 

However, this chart is helpful in knowing what timeline the carriers have in general.  I have often paid attention to it in advance of checking any listing and actually buying.

Of course, remember that the estimated delivery timeframe is just that, estimated.  Due to heavier than usual traffic for every carrier, it is best to order as early as you can as there can and may be carrier delays due to volume, weather conditions, or other unforeseen circumstances.

Happy Shopping!  Buying on Ebay is a great way to get all your holiday needs quickly and easily.  

Message 20 of 47
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

I believe a similar thread on the buying boards would benefit buyers with a reminder to check the estimated dielivery time on the listings.

Thank you, two minds with one thought.  Never meant to step on any toes, yours or Alan's.  I have often reviewed such a chart to know what deadlines are overall when buying for Christmas.  I appreciate your understanding, and his.

Message 21 of 47
latest reply

At top of store page and profile we put pertinent shipping info,i figure a good bit of buyers see profile when they check sellers feedback i know i do when i buy.
Message 22 of 47
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a stamps.com blog post from October that gives some of the deadlines for USPS international, and shipments from AK & HI that are not noted in the above chart.

https://blog.stamps.com/2018/10/22/usps-holiday-shipping-deadlines-2018/

Items shipped using GSP  have extra processing time and are probably past the dealines at this point.

Message 23 of 47
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

My local Sort Center is already experiencing 2-3 day (or more) delays on outgoing Priority Mail 😞

Things are "arriving" but not "departing" or "Processed through" until 3 days later 😞

It's going to be a long few weeks 😞

So true . I had 18 first class  packages picked up by our carrier on Nov .23  but they didn't receive their first acceptance scan until Nov. 30th according to the tracking information . I should say 16 packages ,, two were never scanned and I still have no idea where they are at all . Tulips 

Message 24 of 47
latest reply

WOW!  ...and I thought I had problems with a 1st Class Package that took 7+ days to get delivered.  Then again, it was routed through the infamous Jersey Distribution center!

Anybody every file "claims" with USPS for postage fees, when USPS does not meet their stated deliveryt times?

https://usps.force.com/faq/s/article/Delayed-Mail-and-Packages

Or is this even possible?

Message 25 of 47
latest reply

The chart on the linked page explains that only Priority Express is guaranteed.  There's no  basis for filing "claims" for any other services. They have always had a process for claiming a postage refund when the delivery deadline for Express is missed.

Message 26 of 47
latest reply

OK, thanks for the reply.   But.......

Why then does it say "CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE AFTER"   in the right hand column?  Doesn't that column indicate a defacto performance standard?

Does this mean there is NO performance standards at all for USPS?  They can deliver a, for example, 1st Class Package 14, 20 or 30-days after it is handed to USPS and there is no recourse?  You get to pay for late delivery and poor service?

Message 27 of 47
latest reply

In a word, yes.
Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 28 of 47
latest reply

@goldguy22k wrote:

Why then does it say "CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE AFTER"   in the right hand column?

To open a missing mail claim so they can flag the tracking number and try to locate the package..

Message 29 of 47
latest reply

Spoiler
I'll tell you what, bossman, never again will I ship "parcel select" or "economy" this time of the year.

11/23 - 18 lb well wrapped package left Rutherfordton, on the 1 PM Charlotte truck.
12-4 - It's in St Lois. It's going to some podunk town in Illinois.
I have never had USPS ship so slow in my life. My man is not happy, but what can you do.
Mike
Check it out. USPS tracking #
Message 30 of 47
latest reply