Did you mean: 

2018 Holiday Carrier Guidelines

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi sellers, 

Hope you find the following useful :

46883221_1969931096417810_2016190238677794816_o.jpg

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Great Post!

Easy to print out the chart and tape it to the side of your computer monitor.

Then again, this is no guarantee those last dates will actually make it on time.

I've giving my listings a few days before that, just in case.

Thanks,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

Maybe not the right place to ask, but I have an awesome mail lady and I believe the is  limit on gift for Christmas. Anybody know what it is? Thanks Brenda

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

@bkb1942   (and sorry if this hijacked your thread, alan)

But if you're asking if there's a limit on gifting your USPS mail-person,

I found this:

USPS Employee Tipping and Gift-Receiving Policy
https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2012/pb22349/html/cover_025.htm

"All postal employees, including carriers, must comply with the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Exec­utive Branch. Under these federal regulations, carriers are permitted to accept a gift worth $20 or less from a customer per occasion, such as Christmas. However, cash and cash equivalents, such as checks or gift cards that can be exchanged for cash, must never be accepted in any amount. Furthermore, no employee may accept more than $50 worth of gifts from any one customer in any one calendar year period.

— Public Relations, Corporate Communications, 11-1-12"

My best,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

I believe it’s $20-$25 cash equivalent. It can’t be exchanged for cash. Someone has the exact policy on it. Hopefully they can clarify for you. Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays to you!

Edit, thanks Lynn

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 5 of 47
latest reply

Thanks so much. It’s great having pkgs picked up as I have trouble getting to P.O. Brenda

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

I believe a similar thread on the buying boards would benefit buyers with a reminder to check the estimated dielivery time on the listings.

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

My local Sort Center is already experiencing 2-3 day (or more) delays on outgoing Priority Mail 😞

Things are "arriving" but not "departing" or "Processed through" until 3 days later 😞

It's going to be a long few weeks 😞

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

alan@ebay

Just posted this on the Buying Board, giving you credit, of course.  

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

Good thinking! Thanks to @castlemagicmemories for doing that.

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

alan@ebay

Always happy to help!

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

You might also want to thank Tunicaslot for thinking of it in Message #7. With all due respect, and I'm sure it was simply an oversight, but you replied to Tunicaslot and then thanked Castlemagicmemories in your post. 

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

alan@ebay wrote:

You might also want to thank Tunicaslot for thinking of it in Message #7. With all due respect, and I'm sure it was simply an oversight, but you replied to Tunicaslot and then thanked Castlemagicmemories in your post. 

I said "Good thinking!" to @tunicaslot. It was a direct reply to tunics post. 

Thanks. 

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

I don't think sharing carrier deadlines will mean much to buyers since sellers have such a wide range of handling times and use many different carriers and services. As tunicaslot said, buyers need to be reminded to look at the estimated delivery dates on listings, not at the carrier deadlines.

I don't want a buyer to get upset their item didn't arrive by Xmas because they looked at the carrier's last ship-by date and didn't factor in a seller's handling time or the type of shipping service (Priority vs Ground, etc).

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

Your welcome Alan - it was a little confusing. Do we have additional forum helpers now?

Message 15 of 47
latest reply