cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else experiencing Ebay “trolls”

Recently, I’m experiencing zero history new EBay members that hit the buy button, fail to pay for the item, then disappear.  After multiple attempts to reach the “buyer”, zero response, zip, nada.  I have had 2 of  these within weeks.

Yes, I’m aware of the non-payment process, but it little good for high priced items that had 15 watchers that you have now lost, not to mention the time lost not being on the market.  

Is anyone else experiencing this type of activity?  How do you remedy it ahead of time?

View Entire Topic

@stuff4divas 

@house*of*paws 

The "Immediate Payment Required" feature can be used with local pickup.  The buyer would be required to make payment upon purchase.  Since the seller is in Managed Payments, then the payment would go through eBay processing (otherwise it would go through PayPal).

When local pickup is chosen during checkout, eBay will send a QR code to the buyer's registered email, and the buyer would bring that to the seller when picking up the item.  If the seller is using the Mobile App, the QR code can be entered or scanned by the seller into the App as proof of delivery. If the seller does not have the App, then collecting the signature of the buyer on a copy of the invoice would be acceptable to eBay as proof of delivery. For something of that value, I might also take a copy of the driver license number (to make sure the person picking up the item is actually the buyer who paid for the item).

If the buyer finds the item is "not as described" when inspecting upon pickup, and decides not to take possession of the item, the buyer can open a "not as described" request for a refund (or the seller can simply refund through eBay's cancellation process).

If the buyer fails to collect the item within the timeframe spelled out in the listing, the seller can cancel and refund. I don't know the ramifications of this (whether the final value fee will be refunded).  Because this would be a buyer failure, the seller may have to go back to eBay customer support for a fee refund.