cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

classic seller page gone again !!!!!

I thought on April first when I could once again access the ' Classic Seller Page ' through View My Listings that this company had finally listened to the masses that couldn't stand the ridiculous new seller page. .. But no it was a April Fools Joke and this piece of garbage, time wasting, ugly new seller page is back again... And I can't access the Classic Page anymore.  ............ So once again I have 5 listings to a page instead of 200. That means 77 pages to scroll through. I have to scroll back & forth to see everything. Can't see how many watchers, how many bidders, how much time left, all in one spot ............ The people that run this company are seriously lacking in any common sense. Who are the idiots that made this decision  ? ......... Once again Why can't I see The " Classic View '  if I want too, what harm is that. . what a shame .. what a shame

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Re: classic seller page gone again !!!!!

I too Prefer the Classic Version. Why Fix Something if it's not Broken.   Ebay also increased the Final Fee to 12%. I'm really thinking of jumping to another Online Market Place once my last 30 Listings end. I am not a big seller but ....it's been a Hobby in my Retirement........Good Bye Ebay within the next month......!!!!!!!!!

Message 31 of 63
latest reply

mcduckz
Pathfinder

100% agree with comments.  I've been selling on eBay for 20+ years, thousands of items, and this forced change is enough for me to take my business elsewhere.  I realize some people may want a different interface but there should be an option to select how you view your details. 

eBay...  THE NEW VIEW IS A USELESS PIECE OF **bleep** FOR HIGH VOLUME SELLERS!

Message 32 of 63
latest reply

@ricardos.records wrote:

' internal studies ' .. yea the same people that made this seller page ... I'll listen to them  alright.. all you have to do is read these discussion boards .. when I called they told me they were already getting plenty of calls ... go back and read the boards from March when they first changed the seller page ... the only people that prefer this either work for ebay or don't sell anything .. 'give it a chance'.. yea right

Wow, you do have a bee in your bonnet, My comment was tongue in cheek copied from the Announcement page, maybe you don't have a sense of humour which is a shame coz you need it with the new selling page.

Oh I do sell and buy - this is what we call a posting id down under - perhaps you don't have them here along with that sense of humour I mentioned earlier

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 33 of 63
latest reply

Great, there goes any chance at productivity. eBay finally ruined that last bit of functionality in their website. I guess that is to match that nothing else about their company works anymore. Cant get a single american on the phone to help you; but plenty of uninformed idiots representing eBay can post inane and, uninformed, and logic-free comments when users are in desperate need of help from problems eBay caused. 

Just super eBay...

Well at least when they fail miserably it gives another company a chance to come in and do it right.

Message 34 of 63
latest reply

They keep encouraging me to move my items elsewhere. I love it! Thanks for the motivation ebay. I'm not wasting my time with you wanting me to scroll and click multiple links to find what I need. What a time waster.

Message 35 of 63
latest reply

Hey guys, do you remember all those questionnaires and comments eBay sent to us Power sellers and top rated sellers so they could make improvements based on what we sent in? Remember that? Yeah neither do I! They never asked our input.. Ever! They just wanted our **bleep**  money every month! And now a days they can keep our money from sales as long as they want before payouts! In march they held all my sales for 3 and a half weeks! 

Message 36 of 63
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@ricardos.records you'll find more details and an FAQ about this change here.

And Mr. Brian, you can find endless specific and detailed criticisms of the new page here in this forum.  I mean I get it, the new "tiled" seller hub is maybe more convenient for those using a phone or other mobile device, but it remains vastly inferior for those of us using a desktop.

"Most are reporting that, after giving it a week, the seller hub is preferred to classic view.  The internal studies show that 83% prefer the seller hub."

Balderdash!  Pure corporate bulltrump.  Internal is where most employees of Ebay have their noses located relative to Iannone's derrière.

By the way, since the classic page that is still available to me has been somewhat limited I use both formats.  For a quick overall view of Ebay activity I find the classic view far, far superior and far more efficient. 

Message 37 of 63
latest reply

Please don't shoot the messenger-Classic is gone for good as it is too old to support the latest updates.

This directly from eBay Rep posted on another thread >

I do understand, I would actually feel the same. We have moved this page into Seller Hub, our most advanced tool for experienced sellers.  The classic My eBay All Selling page was developed over 20 years ago. As we modernize our marketplace, we're migrating to the latest technologies that support newer capabilities such as managed payments, and allow us to improve the experience for sellers to manage their business.
Sad news....
Unfortunately no. The old page is no longer available as it was developed over 20 years ago and wasn't capable of supporting some of our new services such as Managed Payments. We are constantly looking for ways to give more options to our members, we will let you know soon as we have new updates regarding going back to the Old All Selling Page."
I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 38 of 63
latest reply

Yeah thats not good, not good at all. You know what the problem is though right? Bad owners! And they should be held accountable. Heck they should not be allowed to have pets.

Message 39 of 63
latest reply

Agree with you

Message 40 of 63
latest reply

All of these classic view links should work. They need to be bookmarked & accessed through your browser's bookmarks (for however long they will work), I have been using these all 3 separate tabs or I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO LIST ON EBAY, IT IS TO CONFUSING for me and you can still go to the seller hub if you click on the side

Classic View  Active Selling

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextSelling&View=MyeBayNextSelling... 

Classic View Unsold

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&NewPeriod=Last31Days&View=SoldNext&Column=Unknown&Su... 

Classic View Sold

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&View=SoldNext&NewFilter=WaitShipment&SubmitAction.Ch...

Message 41 of 63
latest reply

Cinanty who is better than you?!? Thats great thank you!

Message 42 of 63
latest reply

I sign in today to find I am force-opted into this mess of a new seller view against my will, and my drafts are nowhere to be found, to boot. Finally located the Drafts link only to be prompted with 'you don't have any drafts'. I have given input that eBay claims they seek via their 'tell us what you think' link twice, asking for the classic seller view page back. Functional layouts do NOT become outdated. eBay serving another entity other than their customers. No straightforward easy link to call a live person on phone to speak with. Ridiculously difficult hidden request for call back finally found, only to wait several HOURS for a call back. eBay the epitome reflection of the world in which we are living.

Give. us. the. option. to. use. the. classic. view. layout. that. is. FUNCTIONAL. eBay. And no eBay, I do not like the 'new all selling' via seller hub. It is not an equivalent easy to use layout as the classic view.

Message 43 of 63
latest reply

I've begun to delete listings so I have fewer items to scroll through.

So I guess what eBay has done is the definition of counter productive.

Do they care?

Message 44 of 63
latest reply

Exactly.

I used to love to checking my listings. Now, I dread it.

Message 45 of 63
latest reply