cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search function

Once again, the search function is MESSED UP.   I went to the seller hub, then to listings, and wanted to search for a specific category, by item description, to include the word Lenox Ornament.    The search returned 99 items, 65 ornaments, 4 figurines, and 33 listings for lenox dishes.   The figurines and dishes did not have the word ornament in the title or the category.   So I have no way of knowing how many ornaments that are really listed.

If Ebay wants to change something, can't they at least test the changes before turning them.   Whatever happened to quality.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Search function

eBay are currently 'enhancing' some categories, so yeah, another way of saying it's all pretty messed up

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Search function

eBay appears to be attempting to replace some of the old categories with item-specifics and filters, so that it will (potentially) be easier for users to find items in the future. Previously, if a seller listed an item in the "wrong" category, that made it very difficult for users to find the item. Categories are being simplified somewhat to make it harder to list an item in the "wrong" category. Users that have grown accustomed to the old system may have to change the way they are used to browsing or searching a bit, but the old searches should still be able to be done one way or the other.

I did a general search for lenox ornaments and got some results. From that page, I selected "Ornament" from the "Object type" filter to further refine the results down to (mostly) just ornaments:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=lenox+ornaments&rt=nc&Object%2520Type=Orname...

I see one plate set at the top of my results, but that may be because the seller has "Ornament" as the Object type in the item-specifics, possibly as a result of using Sell Similar or possibly as an unintended side effect of the translation into new categories.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply