cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New IOS App Has me struck in limbo.

I updated My IOS app this week. It seems on the new APP None of My headers I normally find on eBay are not there...

I went to My Sellers account on eBay and signed in. I went back and tried to find a place to sign out on the new App and I couldn't SIGN out. I finally go to help and get to the community by the back door and ask the question about how to sign out. I do get an answer but can't reply again to the poster. I found the post finally it was in Members and support but I couldn't post on that forum to clarify My problem. 

Moving on at the top of the Community page I did have the normal top BAR but it wouldn't sign me into to the ACC.  I was trying to get to. I would try and sign in and it would only let me sign in to the account I am stuck on. I tried going into the one account ( I couldn't get into) and had eBay send me a text for the account I couldn't get into. I reset the password from a text message and successfully changed the account Password. It said I had the wrong password several times when I knew the password WAS right and used it to sign in to My Laptop.

The app did eventually sign me into the app under one account and immediately went back to the other ID. My Mobile phone is stuck in a loop! I have NOT had any problems with switching back and forth between with the OLD IOS. what is going on here? any clues or advice? I am totally frustrated. I am no Computer geek by no means but I know how to work MOST pages to get what I want...This is ridiculous. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: New IOS App Has me struck in limbo.

You may want to post this on the iOS app board -- that board has eBay folks that monitor and respond to questions about the app.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-App-iOS/bd-p/iosapp

I do not have an iOS device, but on my Android device, I can sign out of the app using the three bar menu in the upper left corner; from there, tapping on my username gives me a sign out link.

If you have multiple accounts, you may want to consider using a dedicated browser for each (or use a browser for one account and the app for the other). That way you can stay signed in to a different account in each browser and there is no need to sign out and switch. Just open the other browser.

Make sure your browser is not set up to open eBay links in the app by default by holding down an eBay link in that browser and selecting the proper option when it appears.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: New IOS App Has me struck in limbo.

4CBF7784-FE77-4107-93A9-30ADB76F9FDD.png

8ECABD97-43CF-4084-9BDE-3399E41DDE6C.png

I finally got it settled by going into a search on Google and going through the back door. Google chose one of my posts that I had already been signed into and the right buttons were all there. The problem I had was I did not have the Picture buttons at the bottom, the bars for  along the top. I did not  have My eBay or my picture on the left side top. Many “clicks”  were dead. 

I did ask about this on the IOS mobile APP section but I am afraid to get caught in a loop again to find it. I have business to finish on this ID first🙃 

Thank You for the other suggestions. I lose some things I am looking at when the APP only opens on one window. Sometimes I find the listing on last viewed items sometimes not. I hate the mobile APP so much information and clicks missing. OR maybe I am just too bling to see it. 😂

I certainly don’t know why the arrows to open the item specifics and the description are colored a soft gray... Without my glasses I can’t see them. Even with good vision the are hard to see. 
Thank You for Your assistance and time! 😉 Sugar

Message 3 of 3
latest reply