cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEVER FEAR ... "CLASSIC VIEW" Still there BURIED !!!! kind of... in Seller HUB ( 3-28-2021 )

Ladies and Gentlemen, I was about to jump off a cliff when on Monday 22nd 2021 they removed the "CLASSIC VIEW" link from my seller page. After going out into deep water , I made a discovery that I want to share with people like me. In the new seller hub, the seller hub "OVERVIEW" is the default page. 2 selections over is the "LISTINGS" link.....if you hover over it, it will branch out a window with all of the options. Select "ACTIVE" !!!! Suddenly, everything will come into view.... all of your listings will appear with all of the check boxes and options to "END" or "RE-LIST" in Bulk !!!  Alternatively, when you "opt OUT" of the seller hub, you are sent to a page with NO CHECK BOXES of functionality as with the new seller hub. NO IDEA why they give you an "opt out" to send you somewhere with limited function.... makes NO SENSE and causes confusion.  I hope I helped someone !!!

Message 1 of 127
latest reply
126 REPLIES 126

Re: NEVER FEAR ... "CLASSIC VIEW" Still there BURIED !!!! kind of... in Seller HUB ( 3-28-

@dying2live333 wrote:

I just think that sellers are saying it wasn't broke... and they fixed it. You know what to do and can "see Waldo", but, others look at this mess and see a bunch of dots. It would be so easy for them to just leave the option for those who don't want the different look and interface.

Oh I can use the hub and the new page.  I understand them perfectly.

They are not as quick to use as the old all selling page was. 

The old page was quick, efficient and logical.

@dying2live333 

Just because it works does not mean it works as well as the old format.

Kind of like my tire example...

Message 46 of 127
latest reply

Re: NEVER FEAR ... "CLASSIC VIEW" Still there BURIED !!!! kind of... in Seller HUB ( 3-28-

I found it Wow am I dreaming. In these posts you have your user name, some status tag then feedback rating. If you click on view listings you will see close to what we had on the classic view.

Message 47 of 127
latest reply

Couldn't have said it better. Thank you!

Message 48 of 127
latest reply

Then they're literally causing their own problems, sorry to say. People are complaining that you can't do this or see that but there is an option right there that solves all of those problems-- they simply don't want to use it.

The Hub allows you to see everything you need on one page. It's right there. Why people don't even want to TRY it is beyond me. eBay has made it very clear that everyone is going to be transitioned into the Hub eventually, so people need to get used to using it.

Message 49 of 127
latest reply

Today I discovered that my secondary account is stuck in some limbo between Classic and Seller Hub. I've gotten used to the Hub this week, don't like it but can live with it more or less. But my other account was a real mess. After trying and failing to find my way to the Hub from there, I realized I had a "switch to classic view" button. So it is now back to the easy peasy classic page. For how long, who knows.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 50 of 127
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

Then they're literally causing their own problems, sorry to say. People are complaining that you can't do this or see that but there is an option right there that solves all of those problems-- they simply don't want to use it.

The Hub allows you to see everything you need on one page. It's right there. Why people don't even want to TRY it is beyond me. eBay has made it very clear that everyone is going to be transitioned into the Hub eventually, so people need to get used to using it.

@yuzuha 

Can you screenshot this for me?  Where I can see EVERYTHING ONE ONE PAGE  in the hub?

Where I do not need to click onto any tabs because it is ALL on ONE page?

I have been using the hub as well and I cannot find where everything is on one page.

Please point this out to me, show me  on a screenshot.  I will be THRILLED! I won't have to go on the all selling page ever again.

Now..."The Hub allows you to see everything you need on one page. It's right there. "

I expect to see the following:

• Active items this includes (in the same section):
    • bids shown/bidder id
    • watch count & view count
  • Sold items including the following (in the same section):
    • Paid for(or not)
    • Shipped (or not)
    • Feedback left (or not)
  • Unsold items
  • Drafts

NO CLICKING ONTO ANY TABS to see all of the above...hence ALL ON ONE PAGE.

If we have to click onto any tabs...then it is NOT on one page.

PLEASE SHOW ME THIS!  I WILL BE EVER SO GRATEFUL AND WILL SING YOUR PRAISES ALL OVER THESE POSTS WITH YOUR SOLUTION BY NAME.

Seriously...I am not being snarky.  I really want to see this.  I need to see this. @outdoorgeardude and many many others will really be grateful to you...you have no idea...

Message 51 of 127
latest reply

I have spent that last 4 days just searching through the new seller page. Let me first say....I do not have any problem with the Seller Hub. That has a lot of very useful information and links in one place. Very nice. About the new seller page.....it appears that the same information is there for the most part. The two main issues I have with it are 1.) the need to have to click at least 3 more times to get the same information I got on one page with the old seller HUB. #2) It just looks like a first year programmer made it and got a D on it for design. It is just plain UNINSPIRING visually....basically just an Excel spreadsheet. This is what I would expect from a company that bid half the cost to complete a project. My real question to Ebay is do you actually #1-Beta Test? #2.....Focus group?? Did you have any long time users weigh in on this or just task some Indian programmers that don't sell or buy on Ebay? That sure seems to be the case here.

Message 52 of 127
latest reply

Hey 333 😃, I, too, use a desktop. And I may not be new to ebay, but am as new as you to this seller hub/page/ stuff. So I agree with you!

Message 53 of 127
latest reply

@hurryagain 

The "All Selling" (https://www.ebay.com/sh/allselling/listings#active_iframe) page shows you that info - but for a maximum of 25 listings for each area (sold items, active listings, drafts, unsold items).  There are little drop-downs at each section - my "Orders" pane starts with "Awaiting Shipment," but you can swap to "All Orders" if you want to see everything - ready to ship, awaiting payment, shipment or delivery status, etc..

If you want to see the full list of items (one page = 200 items, so if you have 500 items, you have to click through), you just hit the appropriate link at the top of each section.

So, no, you don't have 100% of all of the information that you might want on one gargantuan page, but you have a few easy links to everything that you would want.  100% agreed that there is an adjustment period for some, and that some sellers might always prefer the classic view.  

I won't go into the process issues that some are having with Seller Hub/All Selling, but they remind me of end users in SAP implementations.  Sometimes, your individual processes have to change to fit a system - eventually, those process improvements are beneficial to the user, not just a workaround to fit into a new system.  

Message 54 of 127
latest reply

Thank you. Goes to show we have each used our own method.

I took pictures on my iPad & listed.

So easy, all one place.

Now my iPad only shows half a page of selling & I have to scroll back & forth. It’s slow. And reloads.

My main pic is so tiny I can’t tell if it’s good or not.

I can go to each listing to see.

But even with 70 listings, it doesn’t work, it takes way too long. 
And I can’t just scroll up & down from unsold to drafts to listings. Each on a different page. 
So which has been listed which is not? 
clicking back & forth..... slowly

Message 55 of 127
latest reply

BINGO !!!!!   You are saying my thoughts.  I literally spoke to an agent that couldn't guide me and I asked her if she ever sold anything on Ebay,.... her answer was NO.  This is EXACTLY the problem with ALL OF THEM...programmers and agents alike. OK...anyone who has kids......HOW many times did you buy a toy that made zero sense and you couldn't even believe that it was made for a child?... countless times for me ! That's because  some childless techie designer thought it up and produced it from their purely creative mindset with NO practicality for the people who use it. This is what's going on here. 

Message 56 of 127
latest reply

Sellers hub is the place to be.

I can still get back to the "classic" view "all selling" page, but now after using the sellers hub I find the "all selling" to be more cumbersome. Yes I have to do more clicking in "the hub", but everything is there. I now find the click, click, click to be easier than the scroll, scroll, scroll.

I'm in managed payments. The "all selling" page does not let me see the transaction fee/payment status/payout amount.

The "all selling" page currently insists that a "buyer requested" cancellation is late in being shipped.

The "all selling" does not display well for my OOS GTC fixed price listings. It shows the listing, but does not let me see that I have a "zero" quantity available.

I can find my "reports" in the sellers hub. All selling????

I'm a small seller sending under 1000 items out a year, but find the "all selling" (even classic view) to no longer to be the best choice to manage my listings.

I do agree with those posting that it would have been fine to just leave it alone rather that developing something with "new code" that is less functional, but again, being in MP, I actually have no need for the old, or new seller page.

Message 57 of 127
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia 

I agree that this is the best that one can get in regards to the old all selling page. It is more clunky/clumsy.

Missing a few things but most things are there in an inefficient layout.

Too bad that they did away with the icons execpt for FB.  To be able to glance and not have to r-e-a-d makes things much more efficient.  It is amazing how my mind can glance at an icon and instantly know what's what instead of having to read a few words...makes working on orders so much faster.

It is somewhat workable.  Thank God I only have between 30 to 50 items listed at a time.  I still cannot imagine trying to work with this format if I had hundreds let alone thousands of items listed.

I would love to hear what a few larger sellers say about this page.

@outdoorgeardude

Sorry but you are the only larger seller that I know by user name.  There are several others but I cannot remember their m user names and there are so many posts about this that it would take forever to try and find the others.

Bottom line for me is that hey, sure, I can use both systems no problem. (New selling page and/or hub)  It is just that it's gonna take longer b/c I now have to r-e-a-d instead of glance, and it has a more inefficient layout etc...

Can I work with it?  Sure

Will I want more than 50 listings listed at a time?  No.

Will I want to grow my selling here?  No.

If I want to increase selling, will I do so with this layout?  No.

Will I want to look at other venues to increase selling?  Yes. (I would have NEVER said yes until this change)

These types of inefficiencies give other venues a foot in the door to increase their share of the market. The harder a site is to work with, the easier it is for other venues to attract sellers.  If the sellers are there, the buyers will eventually find them.

...I mean...whatever...it's not my bread & butter here.  If it gets too irritating, I will just sell elsewhere like I have with my buying.

I was once a larger buyer here averaging about $2,000.00 or more a month until they redid the purchase history page and only allowed us to see 25 items at a time.   I pleaded with them to make it at least 100 but it fell on deaf ears so I really did stop buying on that level.  I now usually purchase between less than $100.00 a month to $3XX.00 on a good month.

I had between over 200+ to almost 500 items in various states of transit at any given time.  If you think that I was about to "flip" through between 8 to 20+ pages trying to keep track of what's what you are out of your mind.  The purchase page became inefficient.

Again...

Can I work with it?  Sure

Will I want to purchase more than 25 items at a given time frame?  No.

Will I want to grow my buying here?  No.

If I want to increase buying, will I do so with this layout?  No.

Will I want to look at other venues to increase buying?  Yes. and i have. (again, I would have NEVER said yes until this change)

...and I do buy elsewhere b/c it became easier.  People tend to go to the easier when it comes to doing business.  Ebay was easier.

ebay seems to keep losing more and more market share as the years go on.  People I talk to all but forget about eBay.  I have been standing in lines where I overhear someone looking for something and they can't find it anywhere, when I turn around and say "did you look on eBay?"  They stand there with their mouths wide open like gasp!  Ebay!  Why didn't I think about eBay???"  The fact that I had to remind them of eBay tells you something...it is not even a place that they go to anymore.  They obviously did at one time b/c of their expressions but they don't anymore.

No one in my extended family shops here and they have MONEY. 

...Oh well...

Message 58 of 127
latest reply

Okay all,

@powell-memorabiliagave a link to show a place in the seller's HUB where most of the things are shown in one place:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/allselling/listings#active_iframe

Do take a look and give honest feedback as to how this works for you.

Message 59 of 127
latest reply

I only came back to selling here last year.  In the second half of last year I sold over 700 items.  I was hoping to sell over 2000 items this year but I am unsure if I am able to keep track of it all with this layout. 

My buying was not able to work with the new purchase history page and I don't know if my selling will be able to work with the selling page/hub layout either.

Message 60 of 127
latest reply