cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change back to classic view 2021

Ebay changed the view recently.     How do I change it back to classic view?

Thank you,

Message 1 of 138
latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

Re: How do I change back to classic view 2021

It appears you can't.

Whatever is showing is what you get. 

The new seller Hub is completely unusable for me, a small seller.

I spent hours last week trying to deal with it.

Message 2 of 138
latest reply

In the Seller Hub, go to your Overview. Just under the line (where it says Overview) follow it all the way to the right of the screen. There is now a "Opt out of seller hub" button next to "customize" and "comments". 

Also, in the tiles below, the tiles marked "Selling Tools"- the last option is "opt out of Seller Hub".

Hope this helps. If needed, I should be able to add screen shots. 

Message 3 of 138
latest reply

hoofbeats29, you are about to be in for a rude awakening if you haven't noticed already. The Classic View is kaput. Done. Fini.

Now we are left with a time-consuming, barely usable disaster of a new system. What a joke. Does anyone making these decisions actually sell on eBay? I sincerely doubt it. Who designed this mess and how much are they being paid? Seriously.

Message 4 of 138
latest reply

It looks like it was designed by people who never use Ebay-seriously.

Message 5 of 138
latest reply

So what happens if you opt out of Seller Hub?

I've been toying with the idea of going back to classic view because I miss seeing what similar items actually sold for...

Message 6 of 138
latest reply

@llj03124jdd   @hoofbeats29 

If you really are in the seller's hub, you can still go onto the selling page BUT be warned...they changed the layout of that too and you are NOT going to like it either,

If you go 3/4 down the seller's hub page you will find Selling Tools.  At the bottom, you can opt out of seller's hub:

hurryagain_0-1616810526899.jpeg

NOW...the old selling page that we loved has been replaced by this:

hurryagain_1-1616810526955.png

hurryagain_2-1616810529222.jpeg

You will now have to click onto a separate page to see active, another to see sold, another to see unsold, another to see drafts, another to see...well...you get the picture...

It does have a seller's hub feel to it doesn't it? 😒

Message 7 of 138
latest reply

I'm really disappointed there's no way to switch to the classic view that we all know and loved.  This new one is incredibly confusing.  Nothing flows, vital information is lost, and it's uneasy on the eyes.  I hate the fact that you can no longer see how many views, bids, and watchers your listing has anymore.  That's important stuff we need to see eBay!  Also, the **bleep** "item specifics" that eBay punishes you with because it thinks you're not a credible seller.  And the fact that the layout is no longer compact with tons of listings and pages being seen at once.  This one is way too big and spaced out with no form of division to make it easy on the eyes.  Obviously whoever green lighted this layout has never sold a listing in their life.  I hope they're reading these comments because they need to realize how much their audience absolutely hates it and demands the easy-to-use classic view back effective immediately.

Message 8 of 138
latest reply

I agree 100% Bring back the classic view PLEASE!!

Message 9 of 138
latest reply

You are not the only one frustrated and disappointed with the new format. It wastes time and space, and you can't see everything at once. You can find many negative comments about it.

I agree that it was designed by someone who doesn't sell on eBay.

Since eBay is unlikely to change, I am gradually moving my listings to other sites that have a better interface and are more user-friendly. I am not leaving totally, but am using it less.  In 16 years on eBay I have seen many changes here, but this is by far the most annoying.

I have complained to eBay repeatedly about the changes.  

But no site is perfect--they all exist for their own profitability.

Message 10 of 138
latest reply

BTW-- you can edit your view--eliminate columns, change the order of the columns, re-size them, etc......It helps a bit, but it's still not as clear as classic view.

Message 11 of 138
latest reply

It doesn't help much.

I deleted all but the one box with selling & drafts, etc.

Now I have a big blank page with a small square in the upper left hand corner.

if it took up a page..... at least I could see.

Message 12 of 138
latest reply

We pay Ebay to make it a good platform, not this awkward piece of junk! We want Ebay CLASSIC back!

Message 13 of 138
latest reply

Apparently a new UI designer has to justify their hire. I can understand tweaks here and there. They take getting used to and can be annoying at first, but wholesale change for the sake of change? How does this benefit sellers? First they redirected buyer payments to bank accounts instead of PayPal while continuing to take USPS payments out of Paypal. Now this. Talk about having to wade through gobbeldey **bleep**. 

Message 14 of 138
latest reply

KEEP COMPLAINING AND PRAY 

Message 15 of 138
latest reply