cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Refunds on Non-Returns

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently i use Paypal exclusively and have had to perform any agreed upon partial refund through them as ebay has no option available for providing a partial payment for agreed upon refunds or partial refunds , say for postage refunds, or agreements due to errors, or issues with product received by buyers, who are willing to keep an item even though the error may have been mine, and I offer them a partial refund which they agree to.  Like most who use ebay I am being forced into using managed care et I still see no option for partial refunds as I have described.  Is ebay going to provide a way to offer these discounts/or partial refunds without the buyer having to agree to return an item wasting both their time and mine when I could offer a quick solution  with a partial refund but there is no way to offer that level of customer care?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous - I'm happy to clarify! 

When you're payments are being managed by eBay, you will have the option to send a full/partial refund from the 'Orders' page in Seller Hub for things like shipping discounts. Full details can be found here.

When the partial refund option we're announcing in this update becomes available, you’ll see a new button in the Return flows titled Refund Options. This will take you to a page where you can choose to offer a partial or full refund. Note that once the buyer ships the item, you won’t be able to offer a partial refund using the new Refund Options button.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@Anonymous - I'm happy to clarify! 

When you're payments are being managed by eBay, you will have the option to send a full/partial refund from the 'Orders' page in Seller Hub for things like shipping discounts. Full details can be found here.

When the partial refund option we're announcing in this update becomes available, you’ll see a new button in the Return flows titled Refund Options. This will take you to a page where you can choose to offer a partial or full refund. Note that once the buyer ships the item, you won’t be able to offer a partial refund using the new Refund Options button.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you ebay for the clarification, I had not found the information you provided, and to make it easier once managed payments begin I have printed off the instructions.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

yes partial refunds are actually quite easy once you figure it out. There is a drop down menu on left column in your seller page and then you choose the reason for refund and the amount. Plus they send you a sorta warning page is the amount correct before you send it so you do not make an error. I was very apprehensive with managed payments but now I like it and would never go back. Overall a bit more streamlined. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Why can't sellers offer a partial refund if the buyer destroys / damages an item and then returns it?  There is no way a seller can tell if a brand new with tags item he / she shipped in perfect condition, is damaged or destroyed until the seller receives it back.  This makes no business sense. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Don't offer returns!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@pursesbrasplusmore - Qualified sellers are able to issue partial refunds up to 50% if they receive an item back damaged. Review our Seller Protections here for more information on how to to qualify.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 7 of 7
latest reply