cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This new page layout will NOT let me copy from the Update and post without HTML ERROR!

How utterly stupid, this new page format will NOT let me copy sections from the Seller update and paste them in my window without giving me an HTML error so I have to re-type the whole darn thing ... why can't you create posts that  can be copied and pasted FROM YOUR OWN THREADS into the reply windows without these kind of errors???? 

And the Reply window itself is so stinking small its not even funny ... will you fix please

Screenshot (2504).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

This new page layout will NOT let me copy from the Update and post without HTML ERROR!

I use note pad to past to the copy past to post. It stops this.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@mr_lincoln - I'm sorry you're getting that. @donsdetour suggestion may help, but this is something we are investigating with Khoros as well to get a more permanent fix.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

brittanie@ebay wrote:

@mr_lincoln - I'm sorry you're getting that. @donsdetour suggestion may help, but this is something we are investigating with Khoros as well to get a more permanent fix.

brittanie@ebay   Thank you, I took a screen shot and posted but it's a lot more efficient to copy and paste.  This has been going on for a while, this time it just fried my gourd and I got frustrated with it.

Let me add, I can copy to a Word doc and clear all formatting and get the same error.  Or sometimes I type a lengthy post in a Word doc and try to copy and paste it in to a thread ... it used to work, now it doesn't ...

Regards,
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

this whole mess is due to the format of the post that comes with a copy. By pasting it in note pad it removes that part.

Just the same ongoing problem on the boards that comes and goes as it does.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

I use note pad to past to the copy past to post. It stops this.

@donsdetour   Thanks for that, I'm trying to reduce steps so simply copying and pasting is the most efficient.  This has been going on for a while, today was the last straw so I posted about it.  There was a time when it worked fine but I think that was before Khoros ... for me using Note pad or One Note is just an extra step I would rather avoid.  I use Word quite a bit so that's my preference for either pre-typed posts or copying from different sources and combining things  in to one main post then copying the whole thing to a thread REPLY window ... which by the way is way too small.

Regards,
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@mr_lincoln We're frustrated by it too. I know that Tyler got the error several times this morning. I do really appreciate the examples, as this helps us work with Khoros.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

brittanie@ebay wrote:

@mr_lincoln We're frustrated by it too. I know that Tyler got the error several times this morning. I do really appreciate the examples, as this helps us work with Khoros.

brittanie@ebay   Any time Boss!  The other thing with the errors is they say to correct the highlighted items ... but there never are any ... not sure what they mean by "highlighted".  And of course the reply window is so very tiny ...

Regards,
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

brittanie@ebay   New error different thread.  I was just replying to the eBay team on another thread about the Seller update ... I used the "quote" button and typed a reply, no pics added ... here's the message I got when I went to post it ...

Screenshot (2506).png

Regards,
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@mr_lincoln Thank you! I will get this reported to Khoros.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 10 of 10
latest reply