cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return timeframe of 6 weeks?

I thought ebay did away with the extended Covid return window? 

I had a buyer open a return yesterday. I offer 30 day returns. Return details say buyer has until October 26th to return it!!!

What did I miss? I'm not a fan of 6 week rentals, especially with the holidays approaching. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It would be helpful if eBay would start using calendar days instead of business days in their time required/estimated advisories.

October 26th is just about 30 business days, OP. Sorry.

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If there is something actually wrong the buyers usually send it back right away because they want their moneyback. Only a few will wait until the afternoon of the very last day, usually people who changed their minds. By the time you get it back, the listing will already be removed. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I guess I should clarify: WHY is ebay giving until October 26th? Did they again extend the buyer's time to send items back?  It's 6 weeks, business days or not, that is more than my 30 day return window . While most buyers do send the items back right away, some wait until the very last day, which I have experienced many times.

I would like to know why they are getting until the end of October. It would be nice if ebay let us know what they are doing, or even better, stuck to THEIR policies. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

any return that has been filed recently has had problems

ebay has stated that the glitch is adding an extta month

all the october estimates to do somethig are supposd to be for september

there are no  more covid delays either

@downrightspecialkids 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hello all! While the timelines for returns granted by policy and help pages shown here are not in error, the displayed time frames for individual returns have been as of late. You can go here to learn more and as always, thank you for reaching out about things like this!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: