cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issued "return" from a "lost" package, I need post office's email but ebay deadline's not too fair

Hi. Seller from Portugal, buyer is from the US, who's been having some issues with an item he purchased on the 6th of September and claims to not have received yet.

The matter of the fact is, that the tracking has not shown any updates since the 8th, when it was supposedly shipped to the destiny country.

30th the buyer's "requested a return" simply for not having received the item and wanting a refund.

First time he reached out to me was about 2 weeks ago, but I simply gave him the explanation that the item could take a little later to get there (I'm from Portugal btw).

I've contacted my country's post office this tuesday (26th) and I'm yet waiting for a response, and fear that I may not get a response until ebay's deadline for the "return"'s response, which is the 6th Oct.

Funny, not the first time this had happened to me. Back in April this happened with another buyer from the US, however this one was patient and reasonable, and our case took a few weeks to be resolved. In the very end, the buyer did get their item, but it did for a fact take some weeks (Post office answered in around 2 weeks, took about one more for the item to get in their hands)

Sooooo, I'm super stressed over what Ebay will do in the situation. I've heard (and realized) ebay is super biased and sides with the buyer wayyy more.

Can I also point out the buyer picked as reason for return "Defective item", in spite of claiming never even to have received it.

I'm really in plight, and I'm looking for help or advice for what I can do under this circumstance.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Issued "return" from a "lost" package, I need post office's email but ebay deadline's not too fair

@reipt26 wrote:

30th the buyer's "requested a return" simply for not having received the item and wanting a refund.

I've contacted my country's post office [but] may not get a response until ebay's deadline for the "return"'s response, which is the 6th Oct.

Can I also point out the buyer picked as reason for return "Defective item", in spite of claiming never even to have received it. 

Then you must click Accept the return during the 3 business days which follow the start of the "Defective item" return request. Otherwise a few minutes after the 3 business days, eBay can invite itself to step in to issue a refund without requiring a return.

Accept the return first to prevent either eBay or the buyer from asking eBay to step in. Then go from there -- where you pay for a return label from US or just refund -- while you continue to work on your buyer.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Since they filed an INAD and not an INR, accept the return and see what happens.

Since they haven't received it, they have nothing to return.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Are you sure that the buyer requested a return and did not open an item not received claim?  They should have opened an item not received request so it sounds like they may have opened the wrong one which is not that uncommon.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: