cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer returned item because they could not resell it in the condition....

Sold an item that worked but had cosmetic damage. This was all explained in the original listing along with multiple pictures to show the flaws. Buyer starts a return because to them it is missing these items and they can't resell it. I explained to them that it was listed in the original listing and the photos reflected the description. I then told them I would give them a refund of the item, minus the shipping costs. Received the item back and processed the partial refund. This was 3 days ago and they still have not accepted it. I feel like they are going to contest the resolution and have ebay step in. Just a gut feeling about that since radio silent. If the item had been damaged in transit, I would have provided the shipping refund. However, it left in the envelope the way it was described. Would this be considered abuse of the MBG? Since they admitted they were returning it because they could not turn around and resell it? I reached out to ebay and explained they have not accepted the partial refund and I want them to step in. I explained if the buyer did not want to accept my offer, then I wanted to be refunded back the money that was sent to them. I try and do right by the customer, but this situation has irked me. I am a reseller myself, did they really think I didn't know what the item was worth mint? I am just curious if anybody else has dealt with a resell buyer returning an item because they can't sell it without putting the money into it.  Oh and if the buyer is seeing this, well the ball is in your court.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer returned item because they could not resell it in the condition....

eBay initially sided with them. I appealed explaining my side and they reviewed it. Got an email this evening they have reversed the decision in my favor. I was shocked!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

s-l1600 (7).jpgs-l1600 (6).jpgs-l1600 (5).jpgs-l1600 (4).jpgs-l1600 (3).jpgs-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600 (1).jpg

This is what was under item condition: “See pics for condition.Boker stamp rivet and left rivet missing on front.Knife chipped and cracked on bottom by middle rivet.”

The pics attached are the ones from the original listing. You can clearly see the flaws that match the description.

This was the return reason:

Comments
This knife is defective. The handle is broken and there is no emblem. I cannot sell it.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Usually if a seller asks Ebay to step in, they immediately rule in favor of the buyer, as they see the seller not providing a resolution.Im puzzled that you would only give a partial refund to this buyer. I understand that its a remorse return, that the buyer is trying to turn into a snad,but if you get the item back, you can just deduct the shipping fee..not give a partial refund when the item is returned.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@adriennes_collectibles 

If you accept returns, they can return an item for any/no reason.

Even if it's a remorse return, but they filed under the MBG, they get a full refund.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

UPDATE:

They ruled in favor of the buyer. I appealed and explained my side of it. Was shocked this evening that they reversed the decision and closed it in my favor!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

eBay initially sided with them. I appealed explaining my side and they reviewed it. Got an email this evening they have reversed the decision in my favor. I was shocked!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@adriennes_collectibles wrote:

We've heard that before and hope they don't change it back, which they are good at doing.

Hope they leave it alone now.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 7
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: