cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast & Community Chat, Mar 14th from 12:30 PDT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone,

Please join The Community Team here on Wed Mar 14th at 1 pm PDT for a one hour Q&A chat. We do not have a set topic, so please share your buying & selling questions.

We'll also be broadcasting live at 12:30 PDT with guest Brian Burke. Brian will be chatting about outreach we've done with the seller community recently through seller meetups and events across the country. 

*Keep in mind the Community’s Rules of Engagement when you post. Non-constructive/disrespectful posts will be removed by our moderation team so that the thread can focus on a productive discussion. 

[video]

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 113
latest reply
112 REPLIES 112

Did we ever get an answer on when refurished will be removed from the inappropriate items?

image.png

Message 31 of 113
latest reply

@mg152 wrote:
Will Adyen require a minimum amount of sales per month? Any info on how the new payments will work?
Sorry I guess that’s 2 questions but kinda the same. Thanks!

Hi @mg152

You should keep an eye on eBay.com/payments for all the latest news on payment intermediation.

We also hosted a webinar recently: https://ebay.brand.live/c/payment-intermediation

We'll host more events like this as more news becomes available. 

Thanks. 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 32 of 113
latest reply

here's the list:

Hi my-cottage-books-and-antiques,

Yes, Antiques is one of them. It also includes:

Art
Coins & Paper Money
Collectibles
Collectible
Comics
Entertainment Memorabilia
Pottery & Glass
Sports Memorabilia, Fan Shop & Sports Cards
Stamps
Thanks,

Mikka
Message 33 of 113
latest reply

The Spring Seller Update references the new shipping label system. Does the update also include the ability to select USPS Regional Rate Boxes for calculated shipping when listing? If not, I'll echo the requests of many others to add RR boxes to the listing tools.

I know we can create a workaround by stating 2 pounds as the shipping weight when using RRA, or 5 pounds as the shipping weight when using RRB. BUT, that prohibits the ability to offer other shipping options for those listings.

Message 34 of 113
latest reply

alan@ebaywrote:

@mg152wrote:
How can eBay unilaterally change a contract? People that have 1 year store contracts will see a rate increase in May. That doesn’t seem right. Is there something in the TOS that allows such behavior?

Sorry but I’m a little unhappy these days. I don’t have a store right now but many people are complaining. EBay is going to lose sellers with this new update.

Hi @mg152

During May 1st-31st store subscribers can cancel/downgrade any tier store without an early termination fee.

Thanks. 

I realize that but it seems they should have the same monthly rate until their contract is up. I know you don’t make the rules. Thanks! 

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 35 of 113
latest reply

@mg152 wrote:
Why is eBay advocating refunds without returns in the new update? I don’t know 1 B&M store or online store that will refund without a return. What is happening to my beloved eBay?

Hi @mg152

I don't recall seeing that in our Spring Seller Update. Can you link me to the info? 

Thanks.

Message 36 of 113
latest reply

@Anonymouswrote:

@this4chris2012wrote:

Although it’s never happened to me, over the years there have been numerous threads on the sellers board about selling an item and days or months later eBay puts it back in the seller’s active listings (without telling the seller) and it “sells” again. But the seller doesn’t have it (since it was sold) and has to cancel the sale.

Does this result in an out of stock defect?

From what I’ve read, CS has never been very helpful in this situation.

Hi @this4chris2012, I've been discussing this with some of our Community members recently and have requested examples. In the past when this has been raised, we have not found evidence of improper relists. I would love the opportunity to take a closer look at this if I anyone has some details to share!

Sellers have been talking about it for years. They've talked about it for so long that I believe what they are saying even though I've never been a victim. Can't you just take it on faith that this actually happens and answer the question I asked, i.e., Does this result in an out of stock defect?

Message 37 of 113
latest reply

If an item is estimated to be 4-7 days.

The item does not arrive in 4 days

The buyer opens a INR

the buyer asks ebay to step in after 3 days.

There is your seven days, which appears to still be part of the estimate.

The first day of the estimate, the buyer opens a claim and can get a refund from ebay on the 7th day?

Which is it?  If the item has a range for an estimate, shouldn't the clock start at the END of the estimate, not on the first day of the estimate?

Message 38 of 113
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@golfingaddict wrote:

I had a buyer open an INR case.  The item was Purchased on Wednesday afternoon, shipped Thursday morning and the case was opened on Tuesday morning.    Washington To Louisiana. 

A customer support Rep told me that in order to avoid these issues, I should change my handling time. 

Does that really help?  Or does the clock start when I ship, not based on my handling time.

And second, the Rep told me that the case would close in three days if the item does not arrive.

Is that three business days?

I called to clarify and another rep told me that it would be five days.  And she counted weekends in that five days.  Surely you can't expect us to have packages delivered on the weekends?

And then I was told that the case would stay open as long as tracking showed movement.  (which it did.. it was updated each day, shipped on time)

So what is real here?   The claim said that the buyer could close in three days if the item is not delivered? Is that true and if so, it seems unreasonable to me.

1.  I can't even file for USPS to begin looking for a package until 7 days has passed.

2. The tracking showed it was in her city, just not delivered.

3.  The buyer was able to open a case in 3 business days after I shipped.

I know, my fault for not flying it out to her or choosing the wrong carrier or not shipping the second she paid or checking tracking every second and refunding her as soon as the item was a day later than the ESTIMATE.

How and why is ebay defining estimates as FACT?

Thanks

Hi @golfingaddict, while I need to see the specifics of the transaction to give guidance on your handling time, I can confirm the following:

1. The estimated delivery date is based on the shipping service selected, the location of both buyer and seller and historical data related to shipping and handling times.
  2. A buyer can open an item not received request the day after the last estimated delivery date.
  3. The three day timeframe you were given is three business days. This is why when you discussed with another representative you were given a 5 day timeframe that included weekends. Three business days is usually the same as 5 calendar days, barring any holidays.
  4. While many shipping services do delivery on weekends, the three business day timeframe is not for delivery, only the time allotted before either party can ask eBay to step in. If we are asked to step in, we will check the tracking for a recent update (within the last 7 days for domestic transactions). If there is an update showing the item is in transit, then we will allow more time for delivery. To reiterate, the buyer cannot close the case after three business days, they can simply ask us to step in and make a decision. Our decision would be determined by the status of the tracking information at that time.
  5. The purpose of the shipping estimate is to give an expectation to your customer as to when they will receive their purchase. If the item is not delivered within this timeframe, the buyer can pursue a resolution. Since this is the only purpose of the estimated delivery timeframe, I'm uncertain as to what you mean when you refer to eBay treating it as fact. Feel free to elaborate if I misunderstood your question slight_smile
Message 39 of 113
latest reply

alan@ebay

alan@ebaywrote:

@mr_lincolnwrote:

Good afternoon eBay Support Team:

ADYEN question:

Will eBay-Adyen provide FREE CSV or Excel databases like the PayPal CSV formatted data base with programmable date ranges? Having a database is crucial to working on tax information and reporting state sales tax. The columns can be sorted by State as well as transaction type making tax info organization simple.

Thanks for any info you can provide,

Mr. L

Hi @mr_lincoln

Our goal is to provide additional reporting and resources all located on eBay. Thanks for sharing this specific request, I will pass it on to our Payments team for their consideration. 

Alan, no offense but the question was and still is will there be a data base that can be manipulated by Sellers for thier own unique puproses like the one in PayPal.   As you instructed me perviously, I emailed that request to them before, have heard nothing about it.  It is an important feature that is required.  Otherwise it will add literally hours and hours of book keeping that is not necessary when they already have the info in a data base, they need to make it available to Sellers via date range selection.  I am not interested in canned reports that will not be beneficial in, for example, obtaining 6 months of sales totals and the same 6 months of sales totals in my state (required to report to the state gov for Tax ID purposes).  Each state is different and that is just ONE example of how the data can be sorted and organized making tax reporting very, very easy.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 40 of 113
latest reply

I asked about this when the seller release came out. Some categories are excluded from free returns shipping, but NOT art and collectibles. Those cats , to meet TRS Plus, must have free return shipping, the difference is they can have 14 day return policy rather than 30 day. Here's the list:
Hi my-cottage-books-and-antiques,

Yes, Antiques is one of them. It also includes:

Art
Coins & Paper Money
Collectibles
Collectible
Comics
Entertainment Memorabilia
Pottery & Glass
Sports Memorabilia, Fan Shop & Sports Cards
Stamps
Thanks,

Mikka
Message 41 of 113
latest reply

brian_burke@ebaywrote:

@fern*woodwrote:

I would like clarification on one point concerning free remorse returns.

Brian posted this on the PS board:

"Free returns means "free returns". That means full item price + shipping. The exception is ONLY if the item comes back in a condition other than you sent it out (e.g. dress no longer with tags, electronic item with an open box, etc.). If the item comes back as you sent it out - you must provide the buyer the item price, plus the shipping cost, that's what free returns means. Though you should send the buyer the shipping label so you control your return shipping cost."

I wanted to make sure that the original shipping cost can still be deducted from the refund per another rep on the Spring update board.  The above post doesn't mention the original shipping cost, so I just wanted to make sure.

@fern*wood - If the seller offered free shipping outbound, then there is no ship charge for them to withhold from the buyer. If, on the other hand the seller charged the buyer shipping when the item was purchased, the seller can withhold the outbound ship cost. 

I hope that clarifies it. 

Thanks for selling on eBay.

Brian

This is EXACTLY what drove many sellers to start charging a restocking fee when in the past they never have.  I'm one of those sellers.  I don't like restocking fees at all.  As a buyer or a seller.  But with this policy, I felt Ebay left me no choice.

Ebay is completely aware that NO ONE gets truly Free Shipping.  Everyone pays.  There is a cost to sellers that use this method of listings.  Yet in this policy Ebay is ignoring that fact which is costly to sellers and unfair.  None of us actually got our carriers to waive their costs, yet Ebay is expecting us to waive our costs.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 42 of 113
latest reply

@Anonymouswrote:

@mg152wrote:
What’s going on with the eBay shipping supplies store? They have 5 items listed. Store owners feel cheated because they don’t have anything they need, 2 boxes, some tape, stickers & tissue paper that’s it. Are the supplies coupons going away?

Hi @mg152, I've reached out to the appropriate teams about reports of this issue and am working on more information. I will update this thread with more information once I have an update!

I forgot to ask how you all are doing. I hope you’ve all avoided the flu. We had it & it was bad. If I don’t ask my questions right away I forget what they are, must be age. Anyway, I hope you all are well. 😀😀 Forgive my oversight please. 

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 43 of 113
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

doug@ebay

doug@ebaywrote:

Hi @deja8318, sorry we didn't get to your question in the live video, but all arts and collectible categories will be excluded from the 30 day free returns TSR Plus qualifications.

@deja8318wrote:

Hi,   Can I get some clarification on which Arts+ Collectibles categories will be excluded from the 30 day free returns TSR Plus qualifications?  Search category drop down box, site map, and main page categories all have different umbrellas for this main category. For instance will Dolls+ Bears be included with the exclusion for the TSR Plus since that is a collectibles category? Here is a link which has more of the categories umbrellas which I think is new or newer first time I have seen this is recently. https://www.ebay.com/sch/allcategories/all-categories/?_rdc=1

Howdy Doug,

So in other words (and please confim my understanding) ... those who sell in the Arts and ANY "Collectibles" categories can maintain their TRS Plus status WITHOUT having to offer Free Returns?

Thanks,

Mr. L

Hi @mr_lincoln - in order to receive the 10% Top Rated Plus discount listings in the Arts and Collectibles categories need to offer 14 day free returns. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 44 of 113
latest reply

alan@ebaywrote:

@mg152wrote:
How can eBay unilaterally change a contract? People that have 1 year store contracts will see a rate increase in May. That doesn’t seem right. Is there something in the TOS that allows such behavior?

Sorry but I’m a little unhappy these days. I don’t have a store right now but many people are complaining. EBay is going to lose sellers with this new update.

Hi @mg152

During May 1st-31st store subscribers can cancel/downgrade any tier store without an early termination fee.

Thanks. 

That really wasn't the point.  Ebay has a different definition of "subscription" than most any other site or company.  It is one sided.  We as sellers are expected to hold our end of the subscription for the 12 month period, but Ebay is not.  Ebay with a 30 day notice can change the price, we as sellers can not give a 30 day notice to not pay anymore unless we want to pay penalties.  The two are no where near equal.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 45 of 113
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: