cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Video Broadcast & Community Chat, Mar 7th @ 12:30pm PT - Selling & Shipping Internationally

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community,

Join us here tomorrow from 12:30 pm PST for a live video broadcast on the topic of 'Selling & Shipping Internationally.' After the live broadcast, this thread will host a one-hour Community chat with our international selling experts.

Use this thread to ask questions and get tips for selling, shipping and growing your sales through cross-border trade. 

Chat with you then! 

*To be mindful of sellers’ time and contribution, please focus your comments and questions regarding the topic of the chat. Keeping in mind the Community’s Rules of Engagement when you post. Non-constructive, disrespectful/harassing comments will be removed by our moderation team so that the thread can focus on a productive discussion. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Live Video Broadcast & Community Chat, Mar 7th @ 12:30pm PT - Selling & Shipping Internationally

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone, thanks for joining us today.

Today’s topic is Selling and Shipping Internationally. We will be taking questions on this topic towards the end of the live video, we’ll open up the thread for replies then.

After the video ends, we'll continue the conversation via a Community chat on the same topic from 1-2pm PST. 

[video]

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

The thread is now open for questions/feedback. 

Thanks.

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

Newbie seller here-

To use the global shipping program we just need to check the box and then enter our package dimensions and weight, correct? We dont need to choose "other shipping options" and fill out all that info unless we want to use other shipping methods?

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

I have had ebay foreign buyers start a not received cases on ebay and for items that have not arrived in as early as 6 days.
I send an ebay automated note that tells all international buyers that standard ahipping can take up to 30-40 working days to arrive, and priority can take up to 10-14 working days to arrive.
Some countries take a long time in customs clearance.
I have had ebay decide in fovor of buyer in less than 10 days while the item is still in transit.
What is ebay doing to protect sellers in these instances?

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 5 of 44
latest reply

@sammiejayxxxx wrote:

Newbie seller here-

To use the global shipping program we just need to check the box and then enter our package dimensions and weight, correct? We dont need to choose "other shipping options" and fill out all that info unless we want to use other shipping methods?

Hi @sammiejayxxxx

Great question. Yes you only need to check that box in your listing flow. Also, check your accounting settings for Global Shipping Program and make sure that is turned on. If you then want to try direct shipping, you can list the countries you want to ship in the listing flow, add your costs and it will override GSP for those countries. 

Hope this helps and thanks for your question, 

Bassil

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

Also what can we do as sellers who ship an item and the foreign buyer changes their mind after item shipped or refuses to pay the countries customs fees and decides not to pick up a package? How is ebay protecting sellers against buyers who do this? I currently have this happened when an overseas buyer asked to cancel 3 days after the item shipped.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 7 of 44
latest reply

@mallontown wrote:

I have had ebay foreign buyers start a not received cases on ebay and for items that have not arrived in as early as 6 days.
I send an ebay automated note that tells all international buyers that standard ahipping can take up to 30-40 working days to arrive, and priority can take up to 10-14 working days to arrive.
Some countries take a long time in customs clearance.
I have had ebay decide in fovor of buyer in less than 10 days while the item is still in transit.
What is ebay doing to protect sellers in these instances?

Hi @mallontown

Thanks for your questions. 

eBay is actually reviewing our Estimated Delivery Dates (EDDs) into all corridors and will aim to have new EDDs that are more representative of the shipping industry's capabilities. We have also implemented an automatic 15 day hold period if our CS agents see a customs related scan. This should buy seller more time in getting the item to the final buyers. 

Keep a look out at the delivery times when choosing your service in the listing flow. Some services in the shipping options will provide you more time in getting the package to the buyer. Choose those ones. International buyers are less time sensitive and will wait. 

Thanks,

Bassil

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

@mallontown wrote:

Also what can we do as sellers who ship an item and the foreign buyer changes their mind after item shipped or refuses to pay the countries customs fees and decides not to pick up a package? How is ebay protecting sellers against buyers who do this? I currently have this happened when an overseas buyer asked to cancel 3 days after the item shipped.

Hi @mallontown

Good question. If a buyer refuse to pay the countries fees and they open a case against you, according to our policy the case should be awarded in your favour. You need to show a message from your carrier that shows that the buyer refused to pay duties and taxes. 

Let me know if that clarifies and thanks, 

Bassil

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

Can ebay provide a list of countries that require USA sellers to Solve disputes on the buyers country ebay account. I think either Italy or Germany is one of those countries. It was very difficult because I do not speak Italian or German and had to use those overseas sites
A list of those countries would be helpful for USA sellers.
Also I like to see a link on the USA ebay site that shows that we are required to solve disputes on another ebays country ebay site. Please let us know if there is or is not a link to that information.

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 10 of 44
latest reply

I presume this is on topic.........

We get sellers who use GSP on this board who have buyers contact them about damage or non receipt of items, which GSP should be responsible for.....but the buyer doesn't know how to contact GSP.......what exactly should sellers tell buyers to do......?? who to contact and how? 

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

Back in February, I had a situation for the buyer remorse case return request from Germany buyer. The item didn't fit her even we provide full measurement table in our description. In our return policies, we have that buyer pay return shipping fee and we have 15% restocking fees to cover our loss in this transaction. Buyer file this case using Germany eBay and we wouldn't have any ability to refund anything less than their full payment of item cost plus international shipping fees. CSR explain that EU has this policy and there is nothing we can do about it. So when eBay will tell seller upfront about this situation so we will be able to make open eyes decision on going sell internationally: there is nothing about our return policies when other countries return policies in the effect instead.

Message 12 of 44
latest reply

@mallontown wrote:

Can ebay provide a list of countries that require USA sellers to Solve disputes on the buyers country ebay account. I think either Italy or Germany is one of those countries. It was very difficult because I do not speak Italian or German and had to use those overseas sites
A list of those countries would be helpful for USA sellers.
Also I like to see a link on the USA ebay site that shows that we are required to solve disputes on another ebays country ebay site. Please let us know if there is or is not a link to that information.

Hi @mallontown,

Thanks for your questions.

If you list on another site and the buyer opens a case on that site, than the resolution would happen with our local CS agent in that country. For example, if you list on ebay.de and then a buyer opens a case against you, our Germany CS team would work with you and the buyer to try and resolve it. They will try and accomodate for English speakers even if the buyer only speaks German. 

Let me know if that clarifes and thanks again, 

Bassil

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

I presume this is on topic.........

We get sellers who use GSP on this board who have buyers contact them about damage or non receipt of items, which GSP should be responsible for.....but the buyer doesn't know how to contact GSP.......what exactly should sellers tell buyers to do......?? who to contact and how? 

Hi @dhbookds

Thanks for your question. 

The buyer does not need to contact GSP. They simply need to open a case about the item and list it was damanged or not received. GSP will then jump in and take care of the rest reimbursing the buyer. 

Thanks for your question, 

Bassil

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

Bassil, I ship all my items USPS and you mentioned it was not a good idea for undeveloped countries. Can you give me a list of those countries you would not use USPS for.

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 15 of 44
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: