cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast & Community Chat, Mar 14th from 12:30 PDT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone,

Please join The Community Team here on Wed Mar 14th at 1 pm PDT for a one hour Q&A chat. We do not have a set topic, so please share your buying & selling questions.

We'll also be broadcasting live at 12:30 PDT with guest Brian Burke. Brian will be chatting about outreach we've done with the seller community recently through seller meetups and events across the country. 

*Keep in mind the Community’s Rules of Engagement when you post. Non-constructive/disrespectful posts will be removed by our moderation team so that the thread can focus on a productive discussion. 

[video]

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 113
latest reply
112 REPLIES 112

Re: Live Broadcast & Community Chat, Mar 14th from 12:30 PDT - General Topics

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
tyler,
If you look at my previous posts here, I've provided the list of categories that ebay says falls under Antiques and collectibles.And please stop saying they are exclusions. To qualify for TRS Plus, those listings still need free return shipping. The difference is they can be 14 day, rather than 30 day returns. But they are not excluded from free return shipping for TRS Plus.

Thanks for the clarification - there are certain exceptions, which I addressed with Mr Lincoln a moment ago. To recap:

Category exceptions for Top Rated Plus discounts:

• 30-day, buyer pays return policy:
    • Parts & Accessories
    • Musical Instruments & Gear
    • Listings with Freight Shipping specified
    • Media
  • 14 day free return policy:
    • Arts and Collectibles
  • No returns required:
    • Prepaid Phone Cards
    • Virtual currency

This is an exclusion in that it is not requiring 30 day free returns - but instead requiring something else. I hope that I've been able to clear things up!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 106 of 113
latest reply

Hi @artmakersworlds, sorry for your frustration.

You've found the weekly Community chat. We currently don't have a live chat for customer service. There are Help links at the bottom of eBay pages (or go to https://www.ebay.com/help/home), that give help and contact options, and of course, there's the Community, which is where you're at right now. The Customer Service search bar is at the top of the page.

The eBay search bar is at the top of most eBay pages:

search.JPG

For more help, please go to Seller Center: http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/

@artmakersworlds wrote:

where is "live chat???"   I have no clue how to use this.   It looks like any forum board to me.  

Gees, ebay you REALLY need better communication here.  I tried to report a listing but the list of options did not include the problem.  Contact us only goes around in circles of self help.   Tried the forums and someone suggested this "live chat."   I don't see ANY LIVE CHAT anywhere here.  Nothing like any chat I ever saw.    Tried posting once, no clue where that went or how to find any replies.

This is beyond useless.    Just get a phone, or a simple contact form WITHOUT the long list of options that don't include the actual problem.

I'm giving up.   Gave up searching for something earlier and can't seem to get help fixing the issue.  So forget it.   Shopping elsewhere.   

Message 107 of 113
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

In the spring update  ebay says:

sellers that offer free returns will be afforded special consideration for returns that are damaged, or otherwise not returned in the same condition as sent.

What about sellers that do not have free returns?

Chopped liver?

What happens to the protections we have now?  They just go away and we are thrown to the wolves if the item does not have free returns?

Will the help pages change?

@golfingaddict - seller protections don't change. We are adding additional benefits to sellers who offer free returns. 

Brian

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 108 of 113
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mg152 wrote:
One more thing. What’s proper procedure when an item is damaged after reaching GSP in KY? I know someone that had to refund a GSP buyer because eBay CS told her she had to. They told her there are no GSP reps at eBay. Thank you!

Hi @mg152, check out my response on this topic with additional responses to specific questions on this thread@. If you have specific concerns, you can ask additional questions there and @mention me. I'll be happy to follow up with you.

Message 109 of 113
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

tyler@ebaywrote:

@golfingaddictwrote:

If an item is estimated to be 4-7 days.

The item does not arrive in 4 days

The buyer opens a INR

the buyer asks ebay to step in after 3 days.

There is your seven days, which appears to still be part of the estimate.

The first day of the estimate, the buyer opens a claim and can get a refund from ebay on the 7th day?

Which is it?  If the item has a range for an estimate, shouldn't the clock start at the END of the estimate, not on the first day of the estimate?

Hi @golfingaddict - a buyer is able to open a Not Received request 1 calendar day after the latest estimated delivery date, not the soonest. If you have a situation where a buyer was able to open a request sooner that that please contact CS so they can help get to the bottom of what's happened.

Just a little FYI here.  I've talked about this before.  The ETA of the item disappears from the purchase record that sellers can see once the item ships.  So unless we make a note every time we make a sale, we no longer have access to that information.

Hi @mam98031 - you should be able to view the estimated delivery date in the Order Details page, even once the item has been shipped. Admittedly, it's not very easy to get to but it should still be visible! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 110 of 113
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@golfingaddict wrote:

tyler@ebaywrote:

@golfingaddict wrote:

If an item is estimated to be 4-7 days.

The item does not arrive in 4 days

The buyer opens a INR

the buyer asks ebay to step in after 3 days.

There is your seven days, which appears to still be part of the estimate.

The first day of the estimate, the buyer opens a claim and can get a refund from ebay on the 7th day?

Which is it?  If the item has a range for an estimate, shouldn't the clock start at the END of the estimate, not on the first day of the estimate?

Hi golfingaddict - a buyer is able to open a Not Received request 1 calendar day after the latest estimated delivery date, not the soonest. If you have a situation where a buyer was able to open a request sooner that that please contact CS so they can help get to the bottom of what's happened.

That is the rub Tyler, there is no range on the order details page.  It says estimated delivery date March  12 for an item shipped March 8 (within the handling time)

And three days later she can ask ebay to step in causing a defect to the seller.

That is why I asked for estimates that are easily viewed by sellers.

We are flying blind with no idea why ebay is saying is the estimate.

And the buyer can open a case on that first day of the estimate.

Hi @golfingaddict, I just wanted to confirm that the earliest a buyer can open an item not received case is the day after the latest estimated delivery date, not the earliest. If there aren't multiple dates in the range (ie. it only states March 12th), then the earliest and latest estimated delivery date would be the same as there is only one day provided in the range. The item not received request would be able to be opened on the 13th, in this example.

Message 111 of 113
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@golfingaddict wrote:

Has the bug been fixed that allowed buyers to leave low stars for communication in the detailed seller ratings?

Were the ratings received during this glitch removed?

Hi @golfingaddict, we are still working on a resolution for this issue and will apply protections as needed once this is resolved. We will followup with our technical teams and provide updates as they become available.

Message 112 of 113
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

brian_burke@ebaywrote:

@my-cottage-books-and-antiqueswrote:
Brian,
I've been offering 30 day, free return shipping for several years now, so let me be clear: I'm not asking about RETURN shipping here. My question is: on a remorse return, as a seller, do I have a CHOICE of refunding the item price plus original shipping OR just the item price? Or is there NO choice, and I must refund both the item price and the original shipping?

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques Do you offer free shipping? If you offer free shipping then there is no ship cost to withhold from the buyer. So you must refund the full amount. 

If you did not offer free shipping, and the buyer paid a separate ship cost, you can withhold the original ship cost for buyer remorse. 

I hope that clarifies it. 

Thanks for selling on eBay. 

Brian

But there is.  It is just rolled into the purchase price of the product.  Why can't there be a policy for free shipping listings?

@mam98031 - There is a policy, the seller is responsible to refund the buyer the amount they paid for the item.

Since shipping is built into the item price, the seller is responsible for refunding the amount the buyer paid. The seller doesn't get to separate shipping, storage, employee or any other costs built into the item price. 

Brian

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 113 of 113
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: