cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast & Community Chat Hour - Wed. August 1st @ 1 pm PDT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Please join The Community Team here on Wed August 1st at 1 pm Pacific for a one hour Q&A chat. We do not have a set topic, so any questions you may have about eBay or Community are fair game. 

See you this afternoon! 

*Keep in mind the Community’s Rules of Engagement when you post. Non-constructive/disrespectful posts will be removed by our moderation team so that the thread can focus on a productive discussion. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Live Broadcast & Community Chat Hour - Wed. August 1st @ 1 pm PDT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Howdy everyone - the chat is now open!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 64
latest reply

Welcome back everyone.  WE MISSED YOU !!!!  But I hope you had lots of fun.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 64
latest reply

Good to be back! eBay Open was amazing, and Community was prominent and well-represented!

@mam98031 wrote:

Welcome back everyone.  WE MISSED YOU !!!!  But I hope you had lots of fun.

Message 4 of 64
latest reply

Hi all 

Lots of questions with the new categories/item specifics
They moved my men's Polo shirts into casual button downs 
there is a category for Polo and when I revised my shirts I lost all my item specifics.

Many are having issues, I called out to Alan on the tech board under this post with links to other posts attached in it, now more are popping up .

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/eBay-Is-Moving-Items-To-The-Wrong-Categories/m-p/2880...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Missing-Item-Specifics/m-p/28806036#M46446

Message 5 of 64
latest reply

Store sellers have the option for their stores to display seller-created store categories or eBay categories. By default it displays store categories. The default should not change unless a seller does not create store categories.

It's so frustrating to click on a store and find that the only category is Other. In those situations the default display should be eBay categories.
Message 6 of 64
latest reply

I need a little clearer definition of what Ebay feels is OK to do with listing titles in regards to Brand names.

For example, lets say a seller is selling a knockoff of a fragrance call Sauvage by Dior.  The seller is selling a knockoff called Zone by 12 Monkeys.  Lets say the title reads:  Zone by 12 Monkeys EDP Spray for men Impression Dior Sauvage.

Is that OK?  What are the perimeters of referring to a brand name in the title of something that is not by that brand?

Message 7 of 64
latest reply

I know this is going to sound like a total noob question, but are we just supposed to post our questions here? Thanks

Message 8 of 64
latest reply

@smeedygonzales wrote:

I know this is going to sound like a total noob question, but are we just supposed to post our questions here? Thanks

YES

Message 9 of 64
latest reply

I have a technical issue question - have been thinking of switching my listings to good-til-canceled so in the future I can put slow moving items on sale & continue the sale after it relists (I think this is what is now advised). My question is whether the lost photo issue for relisting gtc is fixed now, or should I wait a bit?

Also, will that work(to run sales, use gtc listings instead of 30 day listings)

Thanks!

(and welcome back!)

Message 10 of 64
latest reply

After a long break, I finally got my store out of vacation mode last night, and ran into the new shipping platform page today.

One thing I noticed was that the item number populated the custom field and I can't make it go away.  Every time I delete it, it magically re-appears.  Is that deliberate?

- Suzanne -
Message 11 of 64
latest reply

Do you know what I wish?  That the Want it Now function was rereleased, with tighter PR control.  Searching eBay with specific expectations is exhausting.

Message 12 of 64
latest reply

Thanks so much!

Message 13 of 64
latest reply

Hi @smeedygonzales yes, and welcome! This is our weekly chat. Please post your question. If we can't answer during the allotted time, we'll work to get you an answer after the chat.

@smeedygonzales wrote:

Message 14 of 64
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Store sellers have the option for their stores to display seller-created store categories or eBay categories. By default it displays store categories. The default should not change unless a seller does not create store categories.

It's so frustrating to click on a store and find that the only category is Other. In those situations the default display should be eBay categories.

Hi @coffeebean832 - this is a great suggestion, I'll get it filed with our stores teams. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 64
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: