cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Item Specifics

All item specific options have disappeared under the Men's Clothing > Shirts Category (Casual, Dress, Polos & T Shirts). Both mobile and desktop. Only Recommended Specifics are available. "Add Your Item Specifics" do not save. Revising an item in this category is also causing any previously saved Item Specifics to disappear. Please report & fix this issue. Without Item Specifics my customers cannot filter in search to find my item.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Missing Item Specifics

Same issue here.  It is also happening in the Women's Clothing>Activewear categories.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

Similar problem happening in

Home & Garden > Kitchen, Dining & Bar > Small Kitchen Appliances > Coffee, Tea & Espresso Makers > Filter Coffee Machines

Unable to view, edit or enter item specifics for both new listings and editing of old listings.   I guess this is eBay's software glitch of the day.   Really hard to get stuff done around here these days.

Little help?

alan@ebay

doug@ebay

tyler@ebay

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

@trextradingco wrote:

All item specific options have disappeared under the Men's Clothing > Shirts Category (Casual, Dress, Polos & T Shirts). Both mobile and desktop. Only Recommended Specifics are available. "Add Your Item Specifics" do not save. Revising an item in this category is also causing any previously saved Item Specifics to disappear. Please report & fix this issue. Without Item Specifics my customers cannot filter in search to find my item.

This is happening in ALL categories, for me its electronics.  Can't list anything.  Even when you bring up an existing listing and try to change something - all the item details disappear   _  WARNING DO NOT UPDATE ANY LISTING IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR ITEM DETAILS.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

For me, the specifics appear to be back.  Some sort of un-announced system update during prime time i guess.   There appear to many change to the specifics for electronics!  So many that i have not fully figured it out yet.  There are some new fields that i actually like (bundle details).  But there are also a bunch of new field and replaced fields and bugs.  Like things that should be a list of checkboxes for different features have been changed to a dropdown where you can choose only 1 even if 10 apply.   It seems we all have a lot of work ahead to review every single listings item specifics to see exactly what damage has been done.    If you have items that auto relist -  or you just relist or sell similar yourself every single field needs to be checked carefully to see what has been added and what has been lost.   I'll give one example - A CD Burner - They automatically fill in that it burns CD-R and CD+RW (catalog or not).  That may be common but it sure isn't what the one im listing does.  It does CD+R and CD+RW only.  I put in my own field to show the correct disc types but now there is another similar field with other types that i did not enter.  Yikes.  Nightmare!

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

They seem to be restored now. Everyone needs to check their listings to make sure everything is kosher. A giant mess. Once again eBay makes changes and leaves the seller holding the buck. And this comes after I lost the photos on 200 listings. All of which I had to restore myself. 

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

Doesn't seem to be fixed. The mens category 185101 (mens polo shirts) have item specifics that make no sense. One of them being "modified item". ???

Is this going to be fixed soon?

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

Still broken for me. Very limited filter options

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

Same here. Trying to list clothing...no ‘item specific’ section. Also, when trying to ‘sell similar’, the ‘item specifics’ are missing.  Sometimes I get a ‘sub-type’ box...no idea here and it doesn’t recognize. Catagories seem messed up too. FRUSTRATING.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone - 

Thanks for letting us know what you're encountering. We've gotten this escalated for review and included ids of everyone here who said they were impacted. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

Are you doing this on a mobile device? the layout looks different than the web based listing forms. IF on a mobile device try using a web based pc. I recently opened a few listings for editing and it did not look like yours does and I did not have any issues with item specifics not being available.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

@babclassics wrote:

For me, the specifics appear to be back.  Some sort of un-announced system update during prime time i guess.   There appear to many change to the specifics for electronics!  So many that i have not fully figured it out yet.  There are some new fields that i actually like (bundle details).  But there are also a bunch of new field and replaced fields and bugs.  Like things that should be a list of checkboxes for different features have been changed to a dropdown where you can choose only 1 even if 10 apply.   It seems we all have a lot of work ahead to review every single listings item specifics to see exactly what damage has been done.    If you have items that auto relist -  or you just relist or sell similar yourself every single field needs to be checked carefully to see what has been added and what has been lost.   I'll give one example - A CD Burner - They automatically fill in that it burns CD-R and CD+RW (catalog or not).  That may be common but it sure isn't what the one im listing does.  It does CD+R and CD+RW only.  I put in my own field to show the correct disc types but now there is another similar field with other types that i did not enter.  Yikes.  Nightmare!

Hi @babclassics - tech wants some more detail on issues where you're running into drop-down options that do not apply to the listing (like your CD Burner example). If you have found any others will you please get me the item numbers so I can get those to them? Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@trextradingco wrote:

Hi @trextradingco - would you please let me know if you're still seeing issues with both Item specifics and custom Item Specifics not saving when you submit revisions or new listings?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone - 

We've gotten confirmation that updates were rolling out yesterday and should now be complete. Let us know if things look better now, or if you spot anything unusual. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

Size field is no longer a drop down from which you select, instead it is free data entry. Drop Down data is needed for filters. Very concerned that Size is not searchable.

EBay - reference data changes MUST BE TESTED along with code changes (I have almost 40 years in software develoopment) This is incredibly embarrassing....  Seems obvious that the reference data updates are out of sync with code and conversions.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply