cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast & Chat, June 6th from 12:30 PDT - Seller Diversity & General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi all, 

Please join us here from 12:30 PDT today for a live video broadcast with @dmholl1ns on the topic of Seller Diversity at eBay, followed by a General Topics Community Chat from 1-2pm PDT. 

Chat with you then! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Live Broadcast & Chat, June 6th from 12:30 PDT - Seller Diversity & General Topics

Hi,

I have had buyers that are not able to put an item in their cart if they have recently purchased that same item.

When they click on the item, there is a link to 'buy it again', but they can not add it to their cart.

Since my buyers generally purchase multiple items, and quite often purchase the same item over and over, this is causing problems for the buyers and for me.

Can the appropriate team be asked to address this?

thanks!

Sue

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 46 of 59
latest reply

Re: Live Broadcast & Chat, June 6th from 12:30 PDT - Seller Diversity & General Topics

@vrykalak

@vrykalak wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Good afternoon eBay Support Team,

I have been experiencing some strange Sold Search results while researching items for resale.  This is NOT happening every search that I perform but it does occur but with no apparent pattern.  When I click on an item in the Sold Search list to look at it in more detail the listing that is opened has switched to a different item in the same category.  Pics below of two that I took the time to make screen shots of.

I first  search for the item and then when the list is returned I use the Sold check box on the left to switch to Sold items.  The top portion of each pic shows the Sold items and the larger pic shows what I get when I click to open one of them.

Searches were for:

1. Ball Mason Jar Holiday Lids - Sold search shows 3 with the correct Christmas pattern but opening ANY one of the three goes to a Blue Gingham pattern

2. The cast iron search was for a Griswold # 8 Safety Cooker and one of the returned Sold Search was for a huge Cast Iron lot (over 3K) ... so when I clicked on  it to try and see the other pieces in the lot all I got was the Griswold # 13 which was also sold for over 3K

Has anyone else reported strange Sold Search results like this?  I can still use the info on the initial Sold Search list that is returned but going past that has some occasional issues.

This happened to me, too.
I searched for Completed Listings. There were 38 items that matched my search criteria. Most of them opened to the correct listing when I selected them, but two of them opened to something similar but unrelated.
I called CS about that, and the agent appalled me by saying that's absolutely normal when you look at a listing that ended...eBay will switch the link to something similar that is still available!

Makes no sense since most of the other choices work correctly ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 47 of 59
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote: 
I called CS about that, and the agent appalled me by saying that's absolutely normal when you look at a listing that ended...eBay will switch the link to something similar that is still available!

Um, yeah... as @mr_lincoln has already shown, the redirect is more often an epic fail in that respect. In some messing around with various listings, my theory is that it attempts to use the title of the selected destination as a new behind-the-scenes search for live items fitting that description. In the case of really-specific, long titles, it can't seem to find anything live to match it, and allows the user to proceed to their intended destination. In the case of shorter, easily-found items, it redirects the user to those instead, and claims that their desired destination is no longer available. 

Message 48 of 59
latest reply

Can someone direct me to the list of collectables that qualify for 14 day free returns and still get the TRS+ listing?

These are the exceptions to the 30 day free returns, with 1 day handling ect.

I had to put a few of my listings at 30 day free returns since the system had not caught up to including 14 day free returns.

I know I saw it somewhere, but that exception list is hard to find again.

Thank you

Message 49 of 59
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

The new storefronts are sorely lacking in functionality.  I don't understand why once again eBay has pushed out an updated feature before it's ready (for example Seller Hub, 1yr later, still waiting).

The search has several issues

1.  It was moved and many users have difficulty finding it because it's in the place where the site search USED to be.   Why did it need to be moved?  How does it enhance the buyer experience to have to spend time figuring out what happened to the search box?
  2. Once you find the search box and search for an item, if you add refinements to further limit results your search is then switched to all items, not limited to the store unless you notice that your search location was changed.  https://community.ebay.com/t5/PowerSeller-Business/Say-goodbye-to-your-custom-store-design/m-p/28570...
  3. Searching for specific terms is inconsitent in returning the full results from the store.  Sometimes all matching items are returned, other times only some of the items are returned.  Multiple posts exist regarding this.

Featured Items are gone.  This was a nice way to highlight the types of items you are offering and did (at least for me) help make sales.

Promotions and sales aren't listed.  Previously there were links to show the items on sale or with promotions attached, they are gone.  These features helped drive multiple item purchases.  Orders for more than one item have almost ceased after the change.

I'm sure others have their specific issues, but these are the ones that affect me the most.

Hi @dtexley3,

Thanks for the feedback on all this, I appreciate it. We'll share it with the Stores team for their consideration. There are functionality updates coming to Stores over the next few months, keep an eye out for more info. 

Thank you! 

Hi @dtexley3

I am back with more information. 

Q. Why did it need to be moved?  How does it enhance the buyer experience to have to spend time figuring out what happened to the search box?

A. We moved search from Store to the main header to give buyers a standardized way to search for their items—regardless of which Store they are shopping in.

Q. Featured Items are gone.  This was a nice way to highlight the types of items you are offering and did (at least for me) help make sales

A. Featured items module is there – sellers can select items to highlight at the top of their Store in the Store management tool – here’s a screenshot from the Stores management tool:

image005.jpg

Thanks! 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 50 of 59
latest reply

Hi @ymeagainlord, I encourage you to post here, and the diversity team can respond to you directly.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Diversity-at-eBay/bd-p/Diversity

This is a topic I do feel strongly about, so I'll hop in.

I don't think the program is about making anyone feel special, and the intention is not to give any sellers "special" treatment over others. The intention is to extend the opportunity of selling on eBay to segments that might be under-represented.

So, it IS about equality. I've learned when working at eBay that diversity and inclusion can include older white males like myself.

I don't think diversity is a crock. eBay's the most diverse company I've worked for to be honest. Not all Silicon Valley companies are as open to diversity and inclusion as eBay.z

To me, paranoia over diversity and inclusion is a shame. We should all be open to new and different perspectives.

@ymeagainlord wrote:
Re diversity. So sick and tired of hearing about it.

Did you not know that one of the GREAT things about the internet was no-one knows who or what you are? Sounds to me like diversity is just trying to push that some (for whatever reason) are "speshul".

Race, colour, creed, gender etc mean little or nothing to me when I'm selling or buying. (except that I tend to avoid sellers from China & now India)

So, to sum up. "Diversity" is a crock of you know what. I'd prefer equality.

Message 51 of 59
latest reply

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for joining us today. We've closed the thread as the hour is up. We're working through questions that we haven't got to yet. 

See you again same time next week. 

Message 52 of 59
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

I have been experiencing some strange Sold Search results while researching items for resale.  This is NOT happening every search that I perform but it does occur but with no apparent pattern.  When I click on an item in the Sold Search list to look at it in more detail the listing that is opened has switched to a different item in the same category.  Pics below of two that I took the time to make screen shots of.

I first  search for the item and then when the list is returned I use the Sold check box on the left to switch to Sold items.  The top portion of each pic shows the Sold items and the larger pic shows what I get when I click to open one of them.

Searches were for:

1. Ball Mason Jar Holiday Lids - Sold search shows 3 with the correct Christmas pattern but opening ANY one of the three goes to a Blue Gingham pattern

2. The cast iron search was for a Griswold # 8 Safety Cooker and one of the returned Sold Search was for a huge Cast Iron lot (over 3K) ... so when I clicked on  it to try and see the other pieces in the lot all I got was the Griswold # 13 which was also sold for over 3K

Has anyone else reported strange Sold Search results like this?  I can still use the info on the initial Sold Search list that is returned but going past that has some occasional issues.

Sold Search 1.jpgSold Seach 2.jpg

Hi @mr_lincoln, we're looking into this now. When I have more information to share, I'll come back to this thread and update you with those details.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 53 of 59
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roadking5555 wrote:

Can someone direct me to the list of collectables that qualify for 14 day free returns and still get the TRS+ listing?

These are the exceptions to the 30 day free returns, with 1 day handling ect.

I had to put a few of my listings at 30 day free returns since the system had not caught up to including 14 day free returns.

I know I saw it somewhere, but that exception list is hard to find again.

Thank you

Hi @roadking5555. happy to provide you with some resources! Check out our 2018 Summer Seller Update for more details on which categories are excluded from the requirement for the 30 day timeframe.

Message 54 of 59
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Regarding the Summer Seller Update.

Ebay’s justification for these auto returns appears to be very skewed as it appears to me they are assuming / trying to imply that the majority of sellers allow an open Return Request to sit without response until just before each deadline date arrives.  I personally find that insulting.  I take far better care of my customers than that. 

I speak for myself and on EVERY single RR [return request] I have ever had, my customer hears from me in far less than 24 hours after they open the RR.  And usually with a resolution to whatever issue is at hand.  Whether that is to accept the return or offer a different solution.  I have NEVER taken a week to get the details of a RR worked out to my customer’s satisfaction.

Now certainly when a BUYER is to return the item it frequently happens that they take full advantage of the 5 days allowed to do so.  But that isn’t the seller doing that, it is the buyer.  The buyer is in control.  ONLY the timeline for a Seller’s requirements on the RRs are being shortened.

So to me, Ebay’s reasoning that this has been done to shorten the process time is simply misleading.  It appears to me that Ebay was/is just trying to state a reason that most will buy and that the real reason is just to make it appear to be a better system for buyers to get their money back quicker.  When in reality it does not speed up the process.  Unless Ebay wants to shorten the time the buyer has to ship the item back too.  They have shortened the seller’s response time, why not shorten the buyer’s too if it is actually Ebay’s desire to shorten the turnaround of returns?

If it is really Ebay’s intention to NOT penalize sellers for unwarranted SNADs, then Ebay needs to give us a vehicle in which to accurately resolve falsely filed SNADs.

It also appears to me from what I currently see on my dashboard that BRRs are represented in the rates on the dashboard without distinction from a SNAD.  So that makes me ask, is Ebay going to be holding BRRs against sellers too in the stat evals starting in September?

Hi @mam98031 - the intent is definitely not to leave you feeling rebuked or insulted. Auto-acceptance of returns where appropriate is designed to make things quick and painless for everyone involved. If a request is opened within your stated return window, we'd expect you to accept it regardless of the reason or waiting time. By streamlining this process we're eliminating an unnecessary waiting period that prolongs the entire experience for you and your customers. Shortening the amount of time a buyer has to get the item back to you does't improve the buyer's experience, which is ultimately why we are automating acceptance.

Returns opened for buyer remorse reasons will not be counted against you in your performance. Currently the returns window is tracking all opened returns. A more applicable screen should be implemented by the Fall. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 55 of 59
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

There has been some discussion about the upcoming metrics.

Question #1 - What date will this be put in place? Will it be 9/20 - when evaluations are done?

Question #2 - Is the additional 4% penalty for going over 1% on SNAD returns per category or will it affect all your cateories. Ex - collectibles - .4 SNAD return rate / clothing 1/4% return rate. So will that 4% additional FVFs also be applied to any collectibles you sell?

Question #3 - When a seller has successfully won an SNAD case as buyer's remorse - why is that still being counted in the metrics as an SNAD and works against them? Many of us, before the change in April. successfully fought an SNAD as the buyer admitted in messages that they wanted to return for a fit issue but they then opened the case as an SNAD so as not to pay return shipping.  We have called and had CS look at the message and have had those cases closed in our favor.

Hi @tunicaslot! Answers to your questions below:

1. This process will begin in September. However we do not have a specific date at this point in time.

2. The additional 4% is applied on a per-category basis. So if you are over in Clothing, but not collectibles, you would see the 4% on clothing items, but not on collectibles.

3. Currently this metric is looking at returns being opened - not the outcomes. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 56 of 59
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

My friend had a transaction with a new member a few days ago.  Today she got a refund request in via PP from this buyer saying that it was a unauthorized purchase.  When she went to look at the buyer's account it was NARU'd.

Is Ebay allowing for an account to be completely shut down when there is a live / recent transaction.  Or is the 60 day rule only for sellers?

Howdy @mam98031

The process to voluntarily close an account is the same for all members, the 60 day waiting period would be in effect. 

If we have concerns about an account and take action on it, such a waiting period would not apply. 🙂

I'm not sure I understand.  So if there are active transactions and Ebay deems there is a problem with the account, Ebay can close down that members account [instead of just freezing it or something] which in turn give a seller no way inside of Ebay to resolve a pending issue?  So the seller can just be stuck holding the bag so to speak?

@mam98031 - if an account poses a risk, we can take action quickly. Suspending an account is an effective way to address the concern and prevent further damage. That shouldn't prevent a member who sold something to that buyer to handle the transaction as they see fit (cancelling, opening an Unpaid Item Case, etc). 

I'd encourage your friend to contact CS so they can review the situation in detail and make sure that she is taken care of!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 57 of 59
latest reply

@mendelsons wrote:
Community Team brian.t@ebay
in reply to mendelsons 06-06-2018 01:47:50 PM
brian.t@ebay
@mendelsons wrote:
When is the shipping calculator that greatly improves our chances of selling multpe items going to be fixed ? Been broken for over two weeks now.

Hi @mendelsons, can you give me more details about the issue your experiencing with the Shipping Calculator?

When you use eBay shipping calculator on Shipping and Payments tab (desktop version) and try to get a shipping estimate for a quantity greater than 1 after you hit the button it boots you out of that page and resets the page so you have to click on the shipping and payments tab again and the quantity will always go to its default of 1. You cannot change the quantity. Supposedly this is a known issue for a coupe weeks....am I wrong ??

Thanks @mendelsons! I do recall seeing this issue a couple weeks ago and we did report it to the developers. I don't have an update at this time, however. I'll keep an eye on it this week and let you know if I get any new information Smiley Happy

Brian,
Community Team
Message 58 of 59
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Searches were for:

Sold Search 1.jpgSold Seach 2.jpg

Hi @mr_lincoln, we're looking into this now. When I have more information to share, I'll come back to this thread and update you with those details.

Hi @mr_lincoln, we've received some details that should answer your question. Alan provided some insight about searching for sold listings here.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 59 of 59
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: