cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast & Chat, June 6th from 12:30 PDT - Seller Diversity & General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi all, 

Please join us here from 12:30 PDT today for a live video broadcast with @dmholl1ns on the topic of Seller Diversity at eBay, followed by a General Topics Community Chat from 1-2pm PDT. 

Chat with you then! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Live Broadcast & Chat, June 6th from 12:30 PDT - Seller Diversity & General Topics

@dtexley3 wrote:

Sorry brian@ebay.  @vrykalak Next to the search button click Advanced.  Go to the bottom and set the default Sort By to the your preference.  Easy Peasy.

Also, some (though mysteriously not all) Search results listings will have a "View" pulldown menu to the right of the "Sort" pulldown menu at upper right. Choices in the View menu include "Gallery View" or "Customize" options. Click on "Customize" and you will get a small popup window of options, one of which is to select your default sort order.

For reasons that I have not bothered to test, I can get that View pulldown in the results of one search topic that I do frequently, but it does not appear in the results of another, and yet the two searches differ only by the brand name I'm looking for. I have no idea why that is.

Message 16 of 59
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

Sorry brian@ebay.  @vrykalak Next to the search button click Advanced.  Go to the bottom and set the default Sort By to the your preference.  Easy Peasy.

Yes, I know that. And I do it at least once every day...more than once if the computer has been asleep and I wake it up to search for something. But I wish I could reset the default so I don't have to select it specifically every day.

Now THAT'S odd.  I set it once on one computer and it's now the default any time I search when logged in regardless of the computer or browser.  It didn't affect my phone or tablet, just desktop searching.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 17 of 59
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

Thanks for suggesting an alternative, @dtexley3! While changing the 'Sort by' option will pull up the selected filter on the first search done from this page, it will not change the default of the search bar found on the eBay homepage. This will always default to Best Match by design. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 18 of 59
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

Every time I listed a new item in the last 3 days,  I get a notice that it doesn't qualify for TRS+. I haven't changed any of my settings. What gives?

@vrykalak - if your account is Top Rated the items should qualify for Top Rated Plus if they offer same or one business day handling and a 30 day or longer money back return option.

If your items are meeting those requirements but you're still getting notices that they don't qualify please consider contacting CS so they can help get to the bottom of what's going on. Thanks!

Ok, I'm confused, I thought we also had to offer free returns for TRS+?

Hi @dtexley3 - sorry I left that part out! @vrykalak: as of June 1 in order to qualify for the Top Rated Plus benefit you will need to offer 30-day free returns. There are some exceptions, so give them a look over and contact CS if you're meeting those and still getting an error!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 59
latest reply

In today's broadcast, they talked about a diversity survey that had "thousands of responses" and is now closed. 
I would have liked to take the survey, but no one ever asked me.

?

Message 20 of 59
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

Thanks for suggesting an alternative, @dtexley3! While changing the 'Sort by' option will pull up the selected filter on the first search done from this page, it will not change the default of the search bar found on the eBay homepage. This will always default to Best Match by design. 

Huh, I must be special then.  I went to the eBay home page, put in a search and this is the sort by showed:  grinning

Message 21 of 59
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:
While changing the 'Sort by' option will pull up the selected filter on the first search done from this page, it will not change the default of the search bar found on the eBay homepage. This will always default to Best Match by design. 

Um.... no?

Are you referring to the "Search for anything" window on https://www.ebay.com/? That does indeed recognize your search preferences, once you have successfully stored them (even if I'm not logged in under that account at the time; I assume it's looking at cookies). I tested that again just now.

Message 22 of 59
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

FedEx SmartPost is broken again.  We have an ongoing thread in the Technical Issues that has not had any eBay input for quite some time.  I no longer use SmartPost (cost prohibitive) but that doesn't change the fact that it's undercharging the buyer at purchase and the seller when purchasing the label.  The seller doesn't know they were undercharged until their invoice arrives and then only if they check.

Hi @dtexley3 - we're happy to review and see if we have updates. If you'll get me the link to the thread I'll see what I can do. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 23 of 59
latest reply

My bad, PowerSeller not Technical Issues:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/PowerSeller-Business/Smartpost-Rates/m-p/28568840#M328609

Message 24 of 59
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

Also, some (though mysteriously not all) Search results listings will have a "View" pulldown menu to the right of the "Sort" pulldown menu at upper right. Choices in the View menu include "Gallery View" or "Customize" options. Click on "Customize" and you will get a small popup window of options, one of which is to select your default sort order.

For reasons that I have not bothered to test, I can get that View pulldown in the results of one search topic that I do frequently, but it does not appear in the results of another, and yet the two searches differ only by the brand name I'm looking for. I have no idea why that is.

That worked! Super! Thank you!

Message 25 of 59
latest reply

Hi @vrykalak, sorry you didn't get to take the survey. Response was great.

There was an Announcement posted in the Community and other messaging went out regarding the survey and diversity program.

If you haven't subscribed to Community Announcements, we recommend that you do so you don't miss anything in the future.

Thanks!

@vrykalak wrote:

In today's broadcast, they talked about a diversity survey that had "thousands of responses" and is now closed. 
I would have liked to take the survey, but no one ever asked me.

?

Message 26 of 59
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dtexley3 wrote:

My bad, PowerSeller not Technical Issues:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/PowerSeller-Business/Smartpost-Rates/m-p/28568840#M328609

Hi @dtexley3, thanks so much for sharing the link! We will get this reviewed and to the appropriate teams, no problem.

Message 27 of 59
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

Once again corrected, this is the correct instructions, I had forgotten.

Message 28 of 59
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:
While changing the 'Sort by' option will pull up the selected filter on the first search done from this page, it will not change the default of the search bar found on the eBay homepage. This will always default to Best Match by design. 

Um.... no?

Are you referring to the "Search for anything" window on https://www.ebay.com/? That does indeed recognize your search preferences, once you have successfully stored them (even if I'm not logged in under that account at the time; I assume it's looking at cookies). I tested that again just now.

Hi @a_c_green - it sounds like you and @dtexley3 are the winners of today! We've been testing it from our end and can't get any preferences to save. I'd love to get some screenshots of the process you follow to change your default search results from Best Match to the option of your choice (and get it to stick from search to search), to consider getting a guide put together!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 29 of 59
latest reply

see the View button in the first pic?  The second Pic is of the Customize screen from the View menu.  I haven't cleared cookies in quite a while but I dont' think these options are stored as cookies as they carry over from computer to computer and browser to browser.

Message 30 of 59
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: