cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Sept 27th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi all, 

Please join us for our weekly Community chat this afternoon at 1 pm Pacific on Wednesday 9/27. We do not have a set topic for the week, so feel free to ask us what is on your mind!

Chat with you then slight_smile

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: Community Chat, Sept 27th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

When is ebay going to provide us with a DETAILED webinar on the new Sales Event+Markdown Manager tool? I have been seeing a LOT of misinformation about this on various social media platforms (for example, that a fee will now be charged...clearly, some people are confusing this with Promoted Listings).  I realize the tool hasn't been rolled out to everyone yet, but  maybe you guys should consider: if you are actually going to put out a new tool, you should have a detailed webinar ready to go when the tool is announced---you could cut down on a lot of unnecessary confusion.

Love the questions, @my-cottage-books-and-antiques! We touched on this briefly in a webinar we did today. Check out: http://ebaybusinessbuilder.com/mso-webinars/ and register for today's episode. If there are additional questions about the feature, I'd suggest contacting customer service and they'll be able to walk through specifics in more detail.

Message 16 of 77
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

When did eBay stop notifying sellers when extra free listings are available, or when other promotions start?

I missed out on some or all of three recent promotions because I didn't check the Promotions heading under All Selling for a couple of days.

Would you ask the PTB to (re)start informing us by email when new promotions become available?

Hi @vrykalak

How were you notified in the past? Was it by email or through eBay messages? When did you stop receiving notifications? 

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 17 of 77
latest reply

I opted in to business policies and the screen updated to say it would take time to process and check back in 8 hours. Days later the same message was appearing.

I called customer service and they told me that this is a known issue and anybody who has signed up in the last six weeks is experiencing the same error.

Going into the holiday season I would like to get my business policies set up now before I ramp up the number of listings. Can you please find out what is going on and when we will see this fixed?

The cs rep said anybody who signed up before this problem began would not have any issues using the business policies.

Message 18 of 77
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

Hi @bigmotormania

Thanks for the question. Off-eBay sale violations are reviewed by human eyes before we charge a final value fee for taking the sale off of the site. 

Yes but what determines whether something is an off-eBay sale violation or simply an ended listing due to something completely unrelated?

Even if human eyes see it and and review it who's to say those human eyes don't make a mistake? What if I delist a $2000.00 item because I dropped it and broke it and get charged the FVF's for that $2000.00 because a human assumed "Oh well for that price they must have pulled the sale off eBay!"

See where I'm getting at? What's to say that this system isn't just as bad than the people it's proclaimed to punish for violations?

Like I said maybe I'm thinking too far into this but honestly this concerns me.

Bigmotormania
Message 19 of 77
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

When did eBay stop notifying sellers when extra free listings are available, or when other promotions start?

I missed out on some or all of three recent promotions because I didn't check the Promotions heading under All Selling for a couple of days.

Would you ask the PTB to (re)start informing us by email when new promotions become available?

Hi @vrykalak

How were you notified in the past? Was it by email or through eBay messages? When did you stop receiving notifications? 

Thanks. 

I miss promo's all the time.  It is my understanding that any given promotion is by invitation only and that it is NOT sent to all sellers, but a selection of them to be determined by Ebay.

For me personally, the last one I had was at the beginning of September and that was the first one I had received since May or Jun.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 20 of 77
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@automotivepartsrecyclrs wrote:

We would like to know why on the following:

All spring summer winter ect Ebay updates we follow to a "T"

Guaranteed Delivery also followed to a "T"

All items we sell are compliant with ALL ebay policies and updates.

However

I find that more than 50% of the items I sell when searched by me and people I employ we find in the results listings the following ahead of us in results sellers not:

Offering no returns

14 day money back guarantee

Searches are done using best match with either a OEM part number or worded item description.

If I as a seller are following ALL ebays updates ect why are my items listed below another who is not even following what ebay is asking of us as sellers to do?

Hi @automotivepartsrecyclrs - Offering those things on your listings is great and they can be what pulls a buyer into your listing to purchase. That said, there are many different variables that go into our Best Match algorithm that would result in others' listings above yours. Not only do we look at the key services you're offering, we also take listing duration, sale-through rate, etc., into account.

While offering returns, Guaranteed Delivery, free shipping, or others, can improve your Best Match standing, it's not a guarantee that you'll be first in search results.

Message 21 of 77
latest reply

Why can't the regular ebay pages stick when viewing frm a full browser from a phone using Chrome?

Every time I click on 'classic site', I do get the page in the regular view as I see it on a normal computer, but any subsequent pages go back to the junk mobile pages.

When will this be fixed?

alan@ebay wrote:

Hi @bigmotormania

Thanks for the question. Off-eBay sale violations are reviewed by human eyes before we charge a final value fee for taking the sale off of the site. 

Hello Alan,

Can you advise who the 'human eyes' are (team, CS, ?) and what they review?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 23 of 77
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

I had a question regarding the new user agreement update, moreso I want some certain details on exactly how the charging of FVF's on ended listings works, and what the process is that determines such a thing.
One could argue that, since our contact info is exchanged at the end of the sale, at any point a returning customer could ask about an item, just for us to find out that it's broke or there has been damage to it or it has been lost, and thus end the listing to prevent negative experiences for both ourselves as the seller, and for the buyer who wanted the item.

Hi @bigmotormania

So, what do the "human eyes" look for? 

I occasionally find hitherto unseen flaws, or breakage, in one item when I am looking for an item I just sold that is located in the same place. I am afraid to end the listing for the broken item, for exactly this reason.

Message 24 of 77
latest reply

Heidi, It's hard for me to ask questions about the tool because ebay hasn't given it to me yet. But I've spent time correcting people who are unwittingly providing bad information about this, and if I could just point to an actual ebay webinar that doesn't just "touch on" it, but provides details, screenshots, etc, that would be great! Or come on, if you guys aren't going to do it, give me the tool so I can create screen shots to show people! LOL
Message 25 of 77
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

The emails usually come - at least for me - about a day after they start. 

No emails at all, not in my eBay message folder, or my regular email, or my email spam bucket. Nada. For at least three months, and maybe longer.

Message 26 of 77
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@laylajames9 wrote:

I opted in to business policies and the screen updated to say it would take time to process and check back in 8 hours. Days later the same message was appearing.

I called customer service and they told me that this is a known issue and anybody who has signed up in the last six weeks is experiencing the same error.

Going into the holiday season I would like to get my business policies set up now before I ramp up the number of listings. Can you please find out what is going on and when we will see this fixed?

The cs rep said anybody who signed up before this problem began would not have any issues using the business policies.

Hi @laylajames9 - I'm not familiar with this issue but I'd be more than happy to look into it and see what updates I can find. I'll email you shortly after the chat ends for more info and we'll go from there. Thanks!

Message 27 of 77
latest reply

So basically your saying that following what Ebay is asking really means nothing other than doing what they are asking? So we should do as the others drop returns, no warranty ect
We were under the impression that doing all the things asked in each update ect gave you as a seller increased visiblity in search listings.
Or
Do as the Jones do
Message 28 of 77
latest reply

Heidi, you mention: "Not only do we look at the key services you're offering, we also take listing duration, sale-through rate, etc., into account."
Just curious: By sell through rate, do you mean the sell through rate on that listing? Or the seller's overall sell through rate?
Message 29 of 77
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

Hi @vrykalak

Thanks. 

As I mentioned in an earlier reply: I used to get notices both in regular email and in the eBay messages folder. I first noticed I had missed out on a promotion three months ago, but who knows how many I missed before that?

Message 30 of 77
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: