cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Sept 20th @ 2pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone,

We will be holding a special eBay for Business Facebook broadcast this week from 1pm to 2pm, so we've adjusted our chat time so that you are free to watch. This broadcast will be focused on our 2017 Fall Seller Update and will have Brian Burke and some of our staff experts in attendance. Be sure to check it out and then join us from 2pm to 3pm to discuss general topics with Community Staff.

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

The thread is now open. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 94
latest reply

Hi alan@ebay and @Anonymous and everybody!

I dropped in to watch for a while. Good luck to you all!

Message 3 of 94
latest reply

Seller Hub Customization:

Good afternoon eBay Support Teams!

Last week I put another ID here in to Seller Hub, it’s an Everyday Rate plan account. The Hub has great potential and some of the short cuts on the Landing Page (Overview Page?) are extremely convenient. Not sure if you have stated you will provide updates on all the changes that will be made but hoping you do that on the Seller Hub section of The Community … and that it would include a list of changes and their proposed schedule for completion.

As to the other tasks and functions I would still like to see greater customization and if this seems like a repeat post then part of it is. Allowing more customization will also reduce the amount of unused screen space in certain tiles. There are many tasks and functions that are too spread out so it would be beneficial to:

(pic below)

1. Allow 4 tiles (at least that’s what I call them) per row instead of 3 which means allowing them to be sized differently instead of their current fixed size.
  2. Allow Selling Tools and Shortcut Tiles to be combined.
  3. Allow each list within a tile to be customized from a master lookup list. I realize this may not be possible for some items as they work together with other items, but I think you know what I mean here.

These suggestions would actually give users a certain level of “ownership” on laying out their Seller Hub to best fit their business needs. The Everyday Rate plan ID mentioned above certainly does not need as much as the basic level Store account here and I imagine larger stores would lay things out to suit their needs differently than smaller store.

(PS: and so that you know, I DO use the Comments link on different Hub pages but in some cases adding pics is more beneficial).

Screen Desired.jpg

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 94
latest reply

Hi, Alan (and anyone else who enters the lion's den)!

Why is there no way to make a partial refund (purchase price, less shipping) when a buyer purchases, seller ships, package is returned to seller as “Moved, Left no Address”?

This is what happened in a transaction that I got so entangled in that I’m not really thrilled right now with eBay.  Wasted time with PP, eBay CS, wasted money, can’t relist because the person might open up yet a third I.D. and circumvent my BBL and try to buy again.  You get the picture here?

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 5 of 94
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Seller Hub Customization:

Good afternoon eBay Support Teams!

Last week I put another ID here in to Seller Hub, it’s an Everyday Rate plan account. The Hub has great potential and some of the short cuts on the Landing Page (Overview Page?) are extremely convenient. Not sure if you have stated you will provide updates on all the changes that will be made but hoping you do that on the Seller Hub section of The Community … and that it would include a list of changes and their proposed schedule for completion.

As to the other tasks and functions I would still like to see greater customization and if this seems like a repeat post then part of it is. Allowing more customization will also reduce the amount of unused screen space in certain tiles. There are many tasks and functions that are too spread out so it would be beneficial to:

(pic below)

1. Allow 4 tiles (at least that’s what I call them) per row instead of 3 which means allowing them to be sized differently instead of their current fixed size.
  2. Allow Selling Tools and Shortcut Tiles to be combined.
  3. Allow each list within a tile to be customized from a master lookup list. I realize this may not be possible for some items as they work together with other items, but I think you know what I mean here.

These suggestions would actually give users a certain level of “ownership” on laying out their Seller Hub to best fit their business needs. The Everyday Rate plan ID mentioned above certainly does not need as much as the basic level Store account here and I imagine larger stores would lay things out to suit their needs differently than smaller store.

(PS: and so that you know, I DO use the Comments link on different Hub pages but in some cases adding pics is more beneficial).

Screen Desired.jpg

Hey @mr_lincoln, great suggestions! Have you shared these via the "Comments?" link in Seller Hub? Our developers review these comments regularly to make changes. I'm happy to pass these along to them as well, I just wanted to make sure you knew about this feature for the future 🙂

Message 6 of 94
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

The thread is now open. 

Are Burke and the gang here or were they only on Facebook?

If they are not here, why not?

Message 7 of 94
latest reply

What will the seach engine implications be for a small seller like myself that is not interested in Guaranteed deliviery?  

I'm not willing to commit to 1 day or same day shipping as I have a full time job and this is a side business.  Much of my inventory is in a storage unit and I can't just run out there every single day.

I object to the version where I have to refund if USPS or FedEx don't deliver by the expected date.  My "contract" with them does not contain a guarantee that items will be delivered by a certain date (with limited exceptions).  Priority USPS clearly states the 2 day is the goal but is not guaranteed.  Why should I be expected to put my small business hostage to companies that I can require the performance you are demanding?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 8 of 94
latest reply

60 Day Return Policy

Last month I changed most listings to 60 day returns … my question is how does eBay facilitate a return after 30 days which is the current Resolution Center time limit?   While I will honor and work with Buyers between the 30 & 60 day marks please advise if there is a specific procedure to follow in order to get FVFs back as well as facilitate the Buyer’s request.

Regards,
Message 9 of 94
latest reply

I have been trying for weeks to get my listings compliant and working with Guaranteed Delivery.

I have received several emails telling me that none of my listings qualify and yet, none of the emails give me any reasons why they would not qualify.

Today I received an email to do a "sneak peek" at what buyers see, with a link and info on how to search. 

I did the search and none of my listings would show up, no matter what I did.

I have always had one day handling.  I also state the exact shipping service and give two choices, one expedited.  I always use ebay labels.  I always use my zip code.  I have 30 day returns.  Every single thing that is on the list of requirements are things that I have always done and used.  This should not be an issue.

There is no way to see how or why they don't qualify.  With a few hundred listings there is no way to determine which ones are the culprit or which requirement is the culprit.  Just nothing shows up in the search.  Gregg/shipping told me that most of them are qualified and yet, today when I search NONE of them are qualified.

I called CS two weeks ago and after being transferred a few times, they told me that they had to reach out to the right team and would get back to me.  I am not holding my breath..

Why is it so difficult to get help on this?  Now the site has announced more changes and more things to worry about.  But I just want my items included in the GD search.

Will someone actually help me and not just pass it off or give me a passive answer? I want to know what I can do to get my listings included.

Thank you.

Message 10 of 94
latest reply

I'm confused, I thought todays chat was about the fall seller update and the guy who wrote the announcement would be present to answer questions?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 11 of 94
latest reply

I need the bulk editor to edit and schedule Unsold listings.   My eBay no longer allows uploading selected listings to the bulk editor -- and doing it 1 at a time is not acceptable.

How do I regain the "classic" view of My eBay?  All these separate sections are driving me crazy!  The link, by the way, does not function.  It just leads to a survey that I've completed several times and dead-ends.

After 20+ years on eBay, I am thoroughly disgusted with the glitches and malfunctions!

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 12 of 94
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@llllady wrote:

Hi, Alan (and anyone else who enters the lion's den)!

Why is there no way to make a partial refund (purchase price, less shipping) when a buyer purchases, seller ships, package is returned to seller as “Moved, Left no Address”?

This is what happened in a transaction that I got so entangled in that I’m not really thrilled right now with eBay.  Wasted time with PP, eBay CS, wasted money, can’t relist because the person might open up yet a third I.D. and circumvent my BBL and try to buy again.  You get the picture here?

Hey @llllady, a partial refund would not be an option within an item not received case. If the item is delivered or the buyer is at fault for it's failed delivery, no refund is expected. If the item was not delivered successfully, a refund is expected. If you and the buyer would like to work out a partial refund, you can provide this directly through PayPal.

Additionally, if a buyer circumvents your BBL, we do not expect you to ship the item. Feel free to reach out to customer service in the future if this comes up so we can take actions to protect you.

Message 13 of 94
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

alan@ebay wrote:

The thread is now open. 

Are Burke and the gang here or were they only on Facebook?

If they are not here, why not?

Not sure I understand the question. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 14 of 94
latest reply

@Anonymous  wrote: Have you shared these via the "Comments?" link in Seller Hub?

Hey Trinton, I have been using the Comments link for a number of things but for changes like I show in the pic I am note sure if a simple typed message will get the point across.  Is there a way to add pics to the comment link?

Mr. L

Regards,
Message 15 of 94
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: