cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, October 27 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Re: Community Chat, October 27 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Hi, I asked this question last week and never got a response.

When is the ExperiencedSellers Board going to be fixed?

When you click on a post, it doesn't take you where you left off.

You have to scroll and try to find the last post you read.

Very annoying.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 31 of 97
latest reply

Ok that worked. But the real question's are. 1) Why it is so fare down the page? 2) Why are my first choices the new categories which are meaning less if I'm looking for a  1) brand or 2) Guage ?

-----

Message 32 of 97
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

Lost another sale because no combine shipping on the app.

Also when is ebay going to do something about the duplicate listings, tired of reporting them and nothing getting done. Putting item #1, item #2 behind each listing is "against" the rules. 

Also I'm not even sure how they can list 10 items(all different size and colors) with the same heading and its not getting flag for being already listed.

@tsme35 

Why do you lose the sale?  I understand what you describe is a problem.  But over the years there have been problems off and on related to discounts.  I just let my buyer know to purchase whatever it is they want.  I will then invoice them when they are done and reflect the discount on the invoice.  I don't require IPR on any of my listings.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 34 of 97
latest reply

Maybe Ebay needs to hire some programmers with brains that they know what to do instead of the idiots playing with seller lives and businesses.

All this no answer junk after the fact is ridiculous.

Message 33 of 97
latest reply

Many of my second level store categories are blank when there should be at least one listing in each.  I can't be the only store owner that this is occurring.  Please confirm if this is a bug and being addressed?  

-----

Message 35 of 97
latest reply

jasmen@ebay wrote:

@apham201085 wrote:

Thanks jasmen@ebay, I understood that. However if you could look into the issue and send me some info about the issue then it would be really really great on my side.

Unfortunately with payments, for security reasons, only that team can discuss any of that info with you. If it was anything else I always like to recommend eBay For Business, but with payments you have to work with them. 

jasmen@ebay 

Did something change recently regarding Facebook.  A few weeks ago Facebook started turning members asking questions about MP back to Customer Service.  They could not answer any MP questions.

If they now can do it again, as the use to be able to, then it was stopped, that would be WONDERFUL news.

-----

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 36 of 97
latest reply

I'm sorry, but what is eBay for Business supposed to accomplish for me in this instance? This is an issue with the category changes and variations not being supported. It should be handled by someone within customer service and/or IT, not the Facebook page. I have already wasted so much time on this issue and we have lost hundreds of dollars trying to solve it at this point and no one seems willing to take the issue seriously or offer any assistance that actually amounts to anything. We have been selling with eBay for 21 years, as I am reminded every time I call in, but it does not seem like anyone at eBay is interested in helping us continue to sell with eBay. Obviously given the other responses here and on the category changes thread I am not the only one experiencing these issues. What gives? 

-----

Message 37 of 97
latest reply

@glgenterprise wrote:

I apologize for the length, but there are several issues all tied into one general issue here:

On a different account we have had several items either be declined to be listed or removed for “violations” in the past couple of days.

One was a dust cover for a pistol magazine. The magazine is not over 10 rounds – the stated limit on every piece of documentation on eBay for the limit for magazines. The item is even listed in eBay’s catalog with the round number listed in specifics. In addition there are many of them listed on eBay currently. The rep we spoke with at that point did not understand that it is NOT a magazine and even if it were it fit within eBay’s 10 round limit.

The second, and more problematic one was an account violation take down for a bullet mold. A different round of reps insist that eBay is no longer going to allow bullet molds to be listed. They indicated that it had to do with the California regulations. Which I have read and there is nothing to forbid bullet molds to be sold/shipped to California.

Here’s the problem – there are as of this morning approximately 1800 of them still listed with 75 sold between yesterday and today.

There is another user asking why these are being removed on the selling forums – he apparently has the same problem – randomly removed listings.

In addition, in Sporting Goods, Molds are still an available category to list in as of this morning as well.

Screenshot_2021-10-27 Create your listing.png

Can you explain how this is happening to only some users and why there was no announcement?

I’d like eBay to point to the actual account violation that occurred and if they can’t – it should be immediately removed. I'm happy to share the user name via messages if you'd like to see the specific account.

There has been no announcement that these items are going to be phased out, no announcement that they will no longer be allowed to be listed on eBay. We’ve supposedly received an account violation defect, which is incredibly damaging, since it takes very few of these to get your account permanently banned.

I get that eBay does not always enforce their policies uniformly, but these types of antics make your sellers lose faith in eBay.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this here @glgenterprise sorry to hear that you're running into these violations. We can't go over account specifics here. If you reach out to CS, or eBay for Business, they an take a deeper dive to see what's going on. If it was done by mistake they can make sure to remove those violations and reinstate the listings! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 38 of 97
latest reply

@casprrr wrote:

Good afternoon, everybody!

I brought this concern up in eBay Community/Buying, but am hoping to get the problem fixed by bringing it up here. I've been selling for a little over three years and have had an eBay store for nearly as long.
Let's say I'm a buyer visiting my store for the first time, looking for a butter dish.

casprrr_0-1635364831898.png

They enter "butter dish" to search my store, and this is the result.

casprrr_1-1635364938473.png

I would assume that most buyers would see this and think that I have no active Butter Dish listings, not realizing that their search has switched from the default "All Categories" to "Butter Dishes".
Only by switching this back to "All Categories" and searching again will they see my listings.

casprrr_2-1635365150624.png

The "All categories" selection changing to a sub-category isn't limited to eBay stores, it happens when searching from the home page as well.
Eliminating certain categories/subcategories with the Fall Seller Update was bad enough, but now listings aren't even visible because eBay has altered their search?
jasmen@ebay, can you please escalate this concern to CS for possible resolution? Thanks much!

Hi @casprrr - I see what you're saying, and I can easily replicate it (also the lighting on your butter dish photos are brilliant - I've rarely seen photographs that can capture the texture and shapes of glass like you have!). 

I can definitely work on escalating this, but one of the many things I will be asked is 'does this happen if you list this in the butter dish subcategory?'. Do you have an item that is listed in the butter dish category that is doing something similar?

To be entirely transparent, I'm inclined to believe that this is not a technical issue, but an intended change. If that ends up being the case I can make sure to provide the feedback that this is not an ideal search experience!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 39 of 97
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

yep, I'm aware of that.  Would have been nice to have a direct answer here.......  but since there are obviously no updates, I guess I can understand why there weren't............

How long are you going to take this kind of treatment?  And how long do you expect us to? 

-----

Edit: A reply to your questions can be found here.

@dhbookds  maybe it's time to get the big dogs in the room and do a little contract renegotiation? I know the perfect location!

2021-10-27_16-23-33.jpg

Message 40 of 97
latest reply

I'm sorry but reaching out to "eBay for business" gives no better answer than this feed. All I get is "we will pass it along"

Message 41 of 97
latest reply

I used to run about 25% top 20, 25% rest and 50% non search impressions. Since the changes I am now what's below. I have always placed a high value on highly searchable titles and good key words in descriptions, which remain eBay best practices (per eBay).  I also think that this numbers may not even be correct. Is this is a glitch or what to expect with the new system.

glasser_0-1635366412188.png

-----

Message 42 of 97
latest reply

I'm really sorry to hear you feel this way @jamsionline, please know our goal is to help as much as possible. The eBay for Business Facebook team can take a real deep dive into the issue to see if it's something on our end or something on your end. If it is something on our end they have all the tools to get it in the right hands as well. When you call in our CS can help too, but when you write in they have more time to look at all the pieces and follow up. It's your call for sure, but I would recommend reaching out if nothing else is working. 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 43 of 97
latest reply

+1 on the Khoros issues

They should be outta here.

Is the eBay community team counting the days until the contract expires? 🙂

Message 44 of 97
latest reply

I worked in the grocery business for 40 years. They keep tiring to change thing when a new person would take over. Most item in a grocery store are grouped by brands. Their are exceptions like canned vegetables. Every so often they want to try and PUSH the whole store to be like the canned vegetable section and every time they have to move it back to BRANDS because of lost sales. If this keeps up with Ebay we will find Apple phones in the produce section of listings.

Message 45 of 97
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: