cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, October 27 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Re: Community Chat, October 27 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

They can't request an invoice Off ebay's app, "request total from seller" is not on the APP. I've told the buyer to buy but don't pay but either they pay or don't want to go thru the hassle. Wasn't so bad years ago but here lately a priority mail package could be $10, if they buy and pay separate for several items that's around an extra $1.17 ebay shipping fee each.

I have a work around but its a hassle and involves several emails. But to be bragging about having sales of 40% PLus off the app ya think they'd have a working app

Message 46 of 97
latest reply

And just how long of a response time can I expect from eBay for Business? From the comments I'm seeing on the page, it looks like the turnaround time is excessive. I'm completely serious when I say that every day we are losing money on sales or making sales that are likely to result in a defect on our account because we cannot edit our listings. This is not something that we can afford to wait on for days and weeks on end when we have already been waiting over two weeks at this point. 

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 47 of 97
latest reply

They have become just like Ebay.

Think they can do as they please with no repercussions at all.

Message 48 of 97
latest reply

@dgtech wrote:

Many of my second level store categories are blank when there should be at least one listing in each.  I can't be the only store owner that this is occurring.  Please confirm if this is a bug and being addressed?  

Hey @dgtech it should be working, if you check in another bowser and it's showing up wrong please contact CS so they can get it to the tech team ASAP!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 49 of 97
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

Lost another sale because no combine shipping on the app.

Also when is ebay going to do something about the duplicate listings, tired of reporting them and nothing getting done. Putting item #1, item #2 behind each listing is "against" the rules. 

Also I'm not even sure how they can list 10 items(all different size and colors) with the same heading and its not getting flag for being already listed.

Hi @tsme35 - sorry to hear that you've lost another sale! The mobile team is aware of the request and currently it is not on the roadmap for near or mid-future updates.

Without giving me specific details (no user id, no item numbers, etc) can you tell me a bit more about the duplicates you are seeing?

Are they auction style or fixed price?

Are they the same price?

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 50 of 97
latest reply

I'm sorry - but they've done absolutely nothing except contradict themselves over and over again. If you've got a better contact that actually knows what they are doing, I'd be happy to reach back out to them, but at this point it is like talking to a brick wall - no matter how we try to frame our concerns it gets us nothing more than "I don't know the answer".

What about them saying that the molds will no longer be allowed on eBay, yet this morning it was still an available listing category?

Why are changes not clearly communicated to members?

These are not account specific questions

Message 51 of 97
latest reply

had this issue today also. PLUS a listing with 5.00 shipping was showing up as FREE SHIPPING.

Message 52 of 97
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

They can't request an invoice Off ebay's app, "request total from seller" is not on the APP. I've told the buyer to buy but don't pay but either they pay or don't want to go thru the hassle. Wasn't so bad years ago but here lately a priority mail package could be $10, if they buy and pay separate for several items that's around an extra $1.17 ebay shipping fee each.

I have a work around but its a hassle and involves several emails. But to be bragging about having sales of 40% PLus off the app ya think they'd have a working app

That is fine @tsme35 .  Sometimes unfortunately we have to think outside the box to accommodate one problem or another on the site.  When a buyer notifies me of issues getting combined shipping or requesting a total from me, all I tell them is to go ahead and purchase whatever they want, don't pay yet, send me an email when they are all done shopping and I will invoice them with a discount on the shipping.

I'm sorry to hear this method doesn't work well for you.  It has served me and my customers very well over the years.  I've never had a buyer say that it was too much work for them.  Some have thought that if it was in the shopping cart they had purchased it and I have to explain to them that this is not how that works.  Most are pretty willing to work with me.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 53 of 97
latest reply

I don't have anything in the "Butter Dishes" subcategory, my listings are all under "Pottery and Glass". I haven't updated these on all my listings, but my newest butter dish listing is under the Potter & Glass-->Other Pottery and Glass subcategory.
The same thing happens with cake stands, however. When searching "cake stand", either in my store or from the main page, the default "All Categories" changes to "Wedding Cake Stands". My cake stands are listed under "Pottery and Glass--> Cookware, Dinnerware & Serveware--> Cake Stands. They are not wedding cake stands.

Thank you, tyler@ebay , for your comment about my photos, I'm glad you like them!

-----

Edit: A reply to your comments can be found here

Message 54 of 97
latest reply

The last time I went to a "meeting", well, I doubt I'd be invited again.........as I think I embarrassed ebay by yelling at Khoros.........  But the "big" dogs may be hearing from me......I'm just sick of this.......(and I know others are also)..........

Message 55 of 97
latest reply

@jamsionline wrote:

And just how long of a response time can I expect from eBay for Business? From the comments I'm seeing on the page, it looks like the turnaround time is excessive. I'm completely serious when I say that every day we are losing money on sales or making sales that are likely to result in a defect on our account because we cannot edit our listings. This is not something that we can afford to wait on for days and weeks on end when we have already been waiting over two weeks at this point. 

@jamsionline I get it for sure, I would advise reaching out ASAP to avoid more delays.  They are usually within 24 hours out on response time. 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 56 of 97
latest reply

These are not account specific questions.  These are new category item specific questions.  They are not getting answered on the discussion boards!  I'm already making way too many calls to Customer Support to report errors in my account.  I do not believe the will provide or be able to provide answers on Fall Seller Update item specifics.

Message 57 of 97
latest reply

@dentalsales4u wrote:

Hi, I asked this question last week and never got a response.

When is the ExperiencedSellers Board going to be fixed?

When you click on a post, it doesn't take you where you left off.

You have to scroll and try to find the last post you read.

Very annoying.

Hi @dentalsales4u - I don't believe the 'jump to last unread' component is available for the ExperiencedSellers Board, but I will work with sheila@ebay to look into whether or not we can make that happen.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 58 of 97
latest reply

Instead of passing along my concerns, I invite you to have your IT team contact me directly as I'd be happy to walk them through the current search/browsing issues that arose after the various "Date of Creation" subcategories were removed from the Art category. Funny thing is they tried a similar update back in July of 2017 and reverted back to the previous search shortly thereafter after realizing what a mistake it was. Keeping my fingers crossed it will revert once again. TY

Message 59 of 97
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

jasmen@ebay wrote:

@apham201085 wrote:

Thanks jasmen@ebay, I understood that. However if you could look into the issue and send me some info about the issue then it would be really really great on my side.

Unfortunately with payments, for security reasons, only that team can discuss any of that info with you. If it was anything else I always like to recommend eBay For Business, but with payments you have to work with them. 

jasmen@ebay 

Did something change recently regarding Facebook.  A few weeks ago Facebook started turning members asking questions about MP back to Customer Service.  They could not answer any MP questions.

If they now can do it again, as the use to be able to, then it was stopped, that would be WONDERFUL news.

jasmen@ebay 

Just a little bum for this question in the hopes we can get it answered before the chat closes is about 7 minutes.

-----

Edit: A reply to your post can be found here.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 60 of 97
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: