cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, May 6 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join the Community team here at 1 PM PT on May 6th for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so please bring any general questions you may have about buying or selling.

The chat will be open for questions from 1-2 pm PT, at which point we'll close thread from additional responses. After this time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

If you're new to the chat, welcome! Simply Reply to this post with your question from 1-2 PM Pacific Time and we'll be happy to look into it for you.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Community Chat, May 6 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi all! The chat is open for questions 😀

Brian,
Community Team
Message 2 of 47
latest reply

As a buyer it would be nice if we had some sort of a "Blocked Seller List". I have made the mistake of buying from someone again that I have had problems in the past. I don't feel I should have to ask a seller to block me to avoid bad experiences. I also don't feel it should be my job to track who I don't want to buy from with so many different sellers on the site.

Also when will eBay give buyers the option to toggle sales tax on and off as applicable? This is something I am able to do on Amazon as a buyer as applicable. I don't wish to have to make 2 separate accounts on eBay to handle my business buying appropriately. I generally choose to buy elsewhere to avoid the hassle of having to track eBay related use tax as a business.

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

Hi,

Easy one for you - is it still the rule that late shipments are not corrected unless they change your status?

I have one that doesn't hurt my status, but since I never have late shipments it is irritating to have to look at it for 3 months  - especially since it was a Friday purchase shipped and scanned on a Saturday 🤔

thanks!

Sue

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

Out of curiosity why do SNADs count against sellers when the buyer voluntarily closes the case they opened?

Overall the returns process has become increasingly combative and negative.  I miss the days when sellers were encouraged to work things out with their buyers.

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

eBay has a policy of ignoring the handling time set by the seller, and telling buyers to expect delivery based on the seller's usual handling time.
This is bound to cause problems, with buyers expecting to get something they need immediately, that they won't actually get until several days later.
WHY?

Why allow sellers to change the handling time, if eBay is determined to ignore it?

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

Are there any known issues with the monthly seller protections summery?

I just received my monthly email summery. Mine showed that in the last month I have had 1 feedback removed and 2 defects removed.

I have not received any bad feedbacks or appealed any feedbacks.

I have also never had a seller cancelled transaction or unresolved case so there wouldn't be any defects to remove. Additionally, my seller dashboard has a congratulatory message that I have had no defects in the report. It shows 0 defects and 0 defects removed confirming that I did not have any defects to remove.
Message 7 of 47
latest reply

@wooden_flower wrote:

Hi,

Easy one for you - is it still the rule that late shipments are not corrected unless they change your status?

I have one that doesn't hurt my status, but since I never have late shipments it is irritating to have to look at it for 3 months  - especially since it was a Friday purchase shipped and scanned on a Saturday 🤔

thanks!

Sue

@wooden_flower, late shipments can be reviewed for removal is needed. It's "tracking uploaded on time and validated" that we'll only review if it impacts an accounts seller level. With that said, I'm not seeing a late shipment for your upcoming evaluation (May 20th). If there is/was one then it looks like it's going to fall off this month naturally 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 8 of 47
latest reply

@wooden_flower wrote:

Hi,

thanks!

Sue

IMHO it is important to get each one removed if they are incorrect anytime they show up.  We don't have a crystal ball and none of us can tell what the future holds.  So this one that is inaccurate needs to go.  If it gets too old, whether it was correct or not, Ebay won't removed it.  But what is to say that in a couple months you get a couple that are accurate, that other one that wasn't accurate a few months ago then becomes far more important, but you can't get it removed.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 47
latest reply

I have a question about Top Rated Sellers protection.

When you report buyer for expecting something about item which isn't in the listing or even described apposite way in the description it is easy to get your return shipping fee credit BUT nobody remove seller performance metrics for item not as described. There is no way to appeal and it is not make any sense, you gave us credit but do not remove metrics and CSR can do nothing about it. How to get that one changed?

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gwzcomps wrote:

As a buyer it would be nice if we had some sort of a "Blocked Seller List". I have made the mistake of buying from someone again that I have had problems in the past. I don't feel I should have to ask a seller to block me to avoid bad experiences. I also don't feel it should be my job to track who I don't want to buy from with so many different sellers on the site.

Also when will eBay give buyers the option to toggle sales tax on and off as applicable? This is something I am able to do on Amazon as a buyer as applicable. I don't wish to have to make 2 separate accounts on eBay to handle my business buying appropriately. I generally choose to buy elsewhere to avoid the hassle of having to track eBay related use tax as a business.

Hi @gwzcomps, you are able to exclude sellers from search results if you choose through the options available to you in Advanced Search (to the right of the search button at the top of most eBay pages). We are here to support you if you have a poor experience through reporting the concerns to us, and when there is no policy violation to report you can always leave appropriate feedback about your experience.

As for sales tax, the ability to toggle this on and off when appropriate is not something we currently have planned to my knowledge but I can get this suggestion over to the team for consideration, no problem! For now you would need to create separate accounts where appropriate, or potentially research what  software may be available to help you track your business purchases and to seek out advice from a qualified tax professional related to how you can best keep a record of business expenses.

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:
Are there any known issues with the monthly seller protections summery?

I just received my monthly email summery. Mine showed that in the last month I have had 1 feedback removed and 2 defects removed.

I have not received any bad feedbacks or appealed any feedbacks.

I have also never had a seller cancelled transaction or unresolved case so there wouldn't be any defects to remove. Additionally, my seller dashboard has a congratulatory message that I have had no defects in the report. It shows 0 defects and 0 defects removed confirming that I did not have any defects to remove.

The email states it is for the last 12 months.  Not the past month.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 47
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@wooden_flower wrote:

Hi,

thanks!

Sue

@wooden_flower, late shipments can be reviewed for removal is needed. It's "tracking uploaded on time and validated" that we'll only review if it impacts an accounts seller level. With that said, I'm not seeing a late shipment for your upcoming evaluation (May 20th). If there is/was one then it looks like it's going to fall off this month naturally 🙂

Thanks!  It is new - a 4/24 order.  Maybe it corrected itself and the overview page hasn't caught up yet.

If it is still there next week, I'll ask CS to review it,

Sue

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

I received three negatives from a buyer whose account was hacked. (Items were sent to an address supplied by ebay to California and she lives in Colorado). I did everything possible to help her through the entire process. (There were 4 purchases in one box.) All of our messages went through eBays system. 

She filed a PayPal claim against me and of course it was closed in my favor. So she left me 3 negs, the 4th was a positive but negative language.

I immediately asked on each of the three for feedback removal. I was granted removal on one and not the other two. (We've removed the feedback as it does qualify under our removal policies. Please allow up to 72 hours for it to be removed from the feedback page, and thanks for your patience in the meantime.
The ratings you received for this transaction have also been removed and your scores will be automatically recalculated.)

My obvious question is why one and not the other two, they were all exactly the same, and my request was exactly the same. PLEASE help me!!!!!

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

Hi there,

Just following up on why the selling at the variation level is reflecting zero now on the listings that were involved in the on hand issue a month ago.

I know eBay seems to think this is a separate issue from the on hands being added back in, however, it's odd that these are the same items that now have zero sales.  I don't know, just trying to recapture my sales at the size level.

example item # 132076187978

when you get a solution, will it be posted here later?

Thank you

Message 15 of 47
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: