cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, April 29 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Join the Community team here at 1 PM PT on April 29th for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so please bring any general questions you may have about buying or selling.

The chat will be open for questions from 1-2 pm PT, at which point we'll close thread from additional responses. After this time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

If you're new to the chat, welcome! Simply Reply to this post with your question from 1-2 PM Pacific Time and we'll be happy to look into it for you.

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, the chat is now open for replies! Looking forward to talking with you all 🙂

Message 2 of 94
latest reply

Hello, I am the seller.

What is ebay doing about packages staying in transit for long periods of time due to covid related incidents ie sorting facilities, post offices, etc being overwhelmed with understaffing, deep cleanings and packages being diverted to other USPS sort facilities, post offices, etc? 

I was told this info when the epicenter Brooklyn NY post office called me about the ‘where’s my package’ case I opened on 4/21.

I shipped the package on 4/10 and there has been no further tracking since 4/17. Today is 4/29.

My buyer opened an INR case 4/27 and wants a full refund, over $130. 

She will ‘eventually’ receive the item and get to keep it for free at my expense.

I have to answer the case tomorrow 4/30. 

I did a chat 4/27 and was told that the refund would not be approved due to the package showing I shipped on time and it still being in transit. Is this correct?

Thank you and stay safe.

Message 3 of 94
latest reply

Hello, I am the seller, 2nd Q.

What to do about a buyer who is returning a designer wallet saying ‘doesn’t match description or photos’. 

This is brand with the manufacturer’s color ‘Rosy Beige’ on the listing and tags. 

She is incorrectly stating the color as ‘putty beige’ to justify the return, which was not necessary since I offer Free Returns.

I do not want to receive a defect or have this on my service metrics unjustifiably.

Thank you and stay safe.

Message 4 of 94
latest reply

I had an interesting issue happen today.  On one of my orders for two different items from the same listing, when the buyer paid, their payment did not include shipping.  This was a US sale and if you'd like to look at the specific order involved, it is the only one sitting in my unshipped orders.  

How did this happen?  Is it an Ebay glitch or is the buyer now able to adjust the invoice?

It is a US sale.  The shipping was stated in the listing at the time of purchase.  In viewing the listing, it appears fine to me.  So what happened?  Why did Ebay give them free shipping?  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 94
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone, the chat is now open for replies! Looking forward to talking with you all 🙂

For some reason emails are no longer sent for offers.

Is it intentional or is it a glitch?

Message 6 of 94
latest reply

There are two irritating glitches on the Watch List.

The first is that the delete item link that is just below the item doesn't work and hasn't for several months.  

The second is that the add note feature doesn't work correctly.   If one adds a note and then leaves the page or refreshes the page, the note disappears.  I find that it will usually reappear after about 24 hours.

Both of these have been subject of numerous community posts.

Is there any ETA on when these will be fixed?

Message 7 of 94
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 10 days handling time on .ca.

Domestic shipping is showing as 11 to 28 days.

To the US is showing 14 to 23 days.

Both of these are absurd shortest delivery times and is doing nothing to help sellers as well as giving buyers unrealistic expectations during th Coronavirus.

When will Ebay quit using whatever numbers they want and use the handling time plus carrier dates which are far more accurate?

Message 8 of 94
latest reply

Hello eBay,  

Are you offering any financial relief for larger eBay sellers?   Specifically reduction in fee,  not just deferring them to a later date?

This would go a long way in helping us sellers. 

John Norman
Max Optical llc.

Message 9 of 94
latest reply

I often send offers to my customers when they watch my items. Not to long ago when sending them a offer, I was able to select how many of that item I wanted to include in my offer. A example of this would be.

"Buy 5 blanks in the next 48 hours and get $0.25 off each blank."

Then I would change the quantity to 5 blanks and send the offer. I am no longer able to change the quantity though. There just isn't a option for it anymore. how long before this can be fixed, and is the team even currently working on it?

Message 10 of 94
latest reply

When a buyer files an INR and on that INR it has a place the seller can enter the tracking number.  Is it a requirement to do so if the tracking number had been previously uploaded to Ebay when the item was shipped via Ebay labels or otherwise?

If the tracking starts to show movement, how long will Ebay give an extension for without closing the INR in the buyer's favor?

I know we have been over this before, but it has come up again on a thread and I forgot to earmark the post from one of you guys that explains this.

Message 11 of 94
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 10 days handling time on .ca.

Domestic shipping is showing as 11 to 28 days.

To the US is showing 14 to 23 days.

Both of these are absurd shortest delivery times and is doing nothing to help sellers as well as giving buyers unrealistic expectations during th Coronavirus.

When will Ebay quit using whatever numbers they want and use the handling time plus carrier dates which are far more accurate?

Or does it depend from where it is looked at?

Message 12 of 94
latest reply

Following up on my question last week in reference to "variations".  I can see that the on hands have been adjusted to the effected item numbers, however, the sales still reflect "0".  

Is eBay going to recapture the sales?

Message 13 of 94
latest reply

@maxoptical wrote:

Hello eBay,  

Are you offering any financial relief for larger eBay sellers?   Specifically reduction in fee,  not just deferring them to a later date?

This would go a long way in helping us sellers. 

John Norman
Max Optical llc.

Dang, what about everyone else?  This financial impact on merchants affects us all.  Small businesses are just as much at risk here as the larger sellers.  Except that larger sellers have more resources than the typical small seller.

For what it is worth, I am not expecting Ebay to reduce fees for any of us.  I'd greatly appreciate it, but I don't expect it.

Message 14 of 94
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mam98031 wrote:

I had an interesting issue happen today.  On one of my orders for two different items from the same listing, when the buyer paid, their payment did not include shipping.  This was a US sale and if you'd like to look at the specific order involved, it is the only one sitting in my unshipped orders.  

How did this happen?  Is it an Ebay glitch or is the buyer now able to adjust the invoice?

It is a US sale.  The shipping was stated in the listing at the time of purchase.  In viewing the listing, it appears fine to me.  So what happened?  Why did Ebay give them free shipping?  

Hi @mam98031, I'll take a closer look at this for you and report any issues to our tech teams, no problem!

Message 15 of 94
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: