cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, May 13 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join the Community team here at 1 PM PT on May 13th for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so please bring any general questions you may have about buying or selling.

The chat will be open for questions from 1-2 pm PT, at which point we'll close thread from additional responses. After this time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

If you're new to the chat, welcome! Simply Reply to this post with your question from 1-2 PM Pacific Time and we'll be happy to look into it for you.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone - the chat is now open for your replies!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 64
latest reply

Someone made an offer on an item. I wanted to add another photo to show a flaw I discovered. eBay would not allow me to add a photo. I apparently could remove photos, but not add any. What's the logic behind that?

Message 3 of 64
latest reply

1- I continue having issues with creating size variations for clothing. On multiple occasions, there is no size option available. Sometimes, I have to click "size type", meaning regular versus Big & Tall first, then the sizes will appear. Sometimes there is simply no size variation available anywhere. When I try to "add your own" and Size is shown as an example, I receive the error message "this is not an acceptable variation". Why is size variation not the first, most obvious, most accessible option?

2- I recently received notice that I am required to sign up for managed payments. I don't have a problem with that. However, when I started the process, you are requiring very sensitive information, including my SSN. I am extremely reluctant to release this over the internet and I don't understand why it is required, given the fact that I have already provided eBay with my personal information in years past when I set up my account. What measures has eBay taken to protect my sensitive data?

Message 4 of 64
latest reply

Just a little FYI.

If there are any members out there that can't see the Reply Button.  I had to close by browser and come back it to see it.  Not sure why as other threads were working.  I use Chrome if that is a factor to consider.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 64
latest reply

Many eBay sellers are currently dealing with USPS lost packages.  Mercari offers $200 shipping protection when using their prepaid labels for lost or damaged items.  Why doesn't eBay offer the same seller protection?

Message 6 of 64
latest reply

how to permanently delete messages from deleted message file

Message 7 of 64
latest reply

My same day cut off time is 11:00AM .  Right now at 4:05 PM eBay is telling my buyers I will be shipping out today.  This can cause a bad buyer experience as there is a high chance it will not ship out today.   I have been seeing this for many months now with no resolve.   Is eBay using my historical same-day ship cut off time or the actual time I set on my account?    

John Norman
Max Optical LLC.

temp ebay ship today.JPG

Message 8 of 64
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stylishbeauty wrote:

Many eBay sellers are currently dealing with USPS lost packages.  Mercari offers $200 shipping protection when using their prepaid labels for lost or damaged items.  Why doesn't eBay offer the same seller protection?

Hi @stylishbeauty, while I wouldn't be able to speak to the business decisions of another company, I can clarify that a number of USPS labels printed on eBay do include some level of insurance automatically, and a seller can always purchase more if they would like. 

Message 9 of 64
latest reply

So in a previous chat it was mentioned that I can email eBay about issues with item specifics.  I genuinely was going to, but the more I list the more problems I find.  I don't understand what my incentive is to make sure you guys have the right stuff setup for your item specifics.  I also question the competence of the people who set them up. 

Example: Document scanners can't print and what do RAID levels have to do with networking switches? 

Since these don't directly cause problems with selling there is no incentive for me to put the effort in to make sure they get fixed.  At the same time the various problems with item specifics are annoying.

Message 10 of 64
latest reply

To enable more consistent service when providing eBay Top Rated Seller discounts or applying fees, we’re streamlining the seller evaluation timelines from July 2020.

Currently, the consequences of your monthly Seller Performance Evaluation apply to listings from the same month as the evaluation. Starting in July, these consequences will apply to listings in the month after the evaluation.The transition to the new timelines will begin on the June 20 evaluation.

There will also be changes to the evaluation rules for earning the Top Rated Plus badge and discounts.

Seller Performance Evaluation timelines

• Seller Performance Evaluations on the 20th of the month will affect discounts or fees on transactions in the following month.
  • Top Rated Plus discounts for Top Rated Sellers will be applied to qualifying listings the month after evaluation.
  • Seller Below Standards Fees or Service metrics fees will be applied to qualifying listings the month after evaluation.
Top Rated Plus badge evaluation changes

From July, your domestic or international returns policy will be part of your Top Rated Plus badge evaluation. Discounts will be based on the country where the items are listed and the item location.

For more information on all of these changes, please go to our dedicated Seller Center page.

There appears to be some confusion over this policy change by Ebay.  Some are of the opinion that we are only being eval'd on the previous 30 day period and no longer the previous 12 months or 90 days depending on how many transactions you have in those periods.

Would you mind sharing what the above message does not detail that applies to this change?  I personally think this change is long overdue.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 64
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Someone made an offer on an item. I wanted to add another photo to show a flaw I discovered. eBay would not allow me to add a photo. I apparently could remove photos, but not add any. What's the logic behind that?

@vrykalak it's hard to say what may be happening without an item number to look at. The 'Revise a listing' help page states that sellers can, "Add additional photos (on an auction style listing), but not remove existing photos" when an offer has been received or sent. If you can share an example then I can take a look. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 12 of 64
latest reply

I have been working on a spreadsheet to compare MP fees based on the current information I have and my understanding of it.  Would it be ok if I post it to the selling board for other people to tinker with?  It isn't perfect, but the math should be right and it might be useful for others.  Just figured I would check to see if I need approval for something like that.

Message 13 of 64
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

@vrykalak it's hard to say what may be happening without an item number to look at. The 'Revise a listing' help page states that sellers can, "Add additional photos (on an auction style listing), but not remove existing photos" when an offer has been received or sent. If you can share an example then I can take a look. Thanks!

---

Sorry: 383527289612

Message 14 of 64
latest reply

I really should know the answer to this, but I'm not sure my memory is correct, so I'm asking:

As a seller, I get the nice discount for using ebay labels. I think it is on Priority and First Class packages.

What qualifies me for this? Is it my TRS status? or is it the fact that my listings qualify for TRS Plus?
The reason I ask is because TRS Plus requires me to offer same/one day handling, which I do. However, given the uncertainties of the pandemic, at some point I might want to extend my handling time to 2 days. That would disqualify me for TRS Plus. Would I still get the top shipping label discount? (I would still be TRS)
Message 15 of 64
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: