cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, May 12 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

Does eBay have a corporate mission statement? If so, does it say anything about treatment of sellers?

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 61 of 88
latest reply

Here is the message I get when trying to update based on the new required item specifics Screen Shot.JPG

-----

Edit: A reply to this comment can be found here

Message 62 of 88
latest reply

Has eBay made any changes stemming from Community Chat posts? If so, what?

-----

Edit:  a reply to your question can be found here

Message 63 of 88
latest reply

@inceptions wrote:

brian@ebay  tyler@ebay

Have you seen reports about the new bulk feedback window bugs? Clearing cache and cookies doesn't resolve them, and they will be hard to replicate as it doesn't happen all the time, but here is my example from today:

1. From the Leave Feedback list, I selected several transactions to leave feedback for, and clicked Leave Feedback.
  2. The bulk feedback window opened and displayed a message that feedback had already been left for the transactions (which was not the case).
  3. I closed the window and and on the list, clicked Leave Feedback again.
  4. The bulk feedback window opened and this time displayed what I should be seeing, but it was in German. (What???😀)
  5. I repeated a third time, and everything worked as it should.

I see variations of these issues periodically so it's hard to pinpoint what could trigger this, but wondered if the issue has been reported by others.

It's not just with bulk feedback- it happens with single feedback too. The disaster started the same day they added the obnoxious pop-up window for feedback. And now they've wrecked the process for ending listings by changing that to a pop-up window- can no longer open in a new tab and keep my place on the current page. It's so frustrating that eBay sucks up time and adds work to our plates with changes like this.

Message 64 of 88
latest reply

brian@ebay 

@cowtown-cards my understanding was that filled out items specifics should remain

There are NUMEROUS reports on the selling board that the previous IS are wiped out............

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 65 of 88
latest reply

Hello

Any answers yet as to why American Express is not a payment option for certain categories and listings that are enrolled in Managed Payments?

I asked about this issue here about 4 weeks ago.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 66 of 88
latest reply

Just checked, indeed not there. Nothing beyond item title.

Message 67 of 88
latest reply

@arrowhead10-7 - I can answer your question but not before the chat is locked in 1 min. Start a thread on selling board and tag me. I'm happy to help!

Message 68 of 88
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

brian@ebay   So you have told several sellers today it is our job to maintain eBay's item specifics system by emailing "sdsupport@ebay.com".  Where do we send the bill for our services when it comes to maintaining your site?  Personally as a specialized IT support tech my billable rate is $100 an hour.  I wouldn't mind tracking my time when I report these problems if it means getting reimbursed.

@gwzcomps we have different avenues where sellers can report issues, such as calling customer service, using the 'comment' option on Seller Hub pages, and in the case of item specifics emailing sdsupport@ebay.com. Sellers aren't required to report issues they encounter, but it definitely help us pinpoint them quicker. User reports are an important part of finding bugs for most if not all web sites and programs, and we appreciate the time members put in to help us identify issues. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 69 of 88
latest reply

brian@ebay - I received an ebay survey with what are sorta like N/A or even "wife-beating" type questions - do you still answer emails?

Message 70 of 88
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

The weekly chat is now closed. Thanks for stopping by!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 71 of 88
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

By the way........I like the Blue outlines for ebay answers.....thanks..........but I do hope it isn't a substitution for the ebay logo on a post that has an ebay answer on the main board?  That Shelia promised some wks ago? 

@dhbookds - I am glad that you like the blue box! The logo being added is something that's still being worked on. We don't currently have a release date. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 72 of 88
latest reply

@inceptions wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

@stuff4divas wrote:

Concierge Department (gone?)

Hello,

Lots of conflicting info regarding the Concierge Department (CD). 

Is it still in existence but with a different name ‘Premium Services’? 

I had a chat with Conor a few days ago and was told the CD was on ‘hiatus’.

So what is the criteria to be included into this program? Conor told me I was qualified but had to be invited.  

Ages ago, I was on the eBay TRS program with a dedicated phone number that was totally awesome. Well informed CS reps, but that disappeared and I was never transitioned into the CD.

Anyone with any solid info on this?

Thank you, stuff4divas

@stuff4divas It sounds like you were given incorrect information. Concierge is still a service we provide and is not on hiatus. We don't have a list of qualifications to share, but invites are sent to sellers when their accounts to qualify.

Hi brian@ebay 

Can you check to see why my account doesn't qualify and let me know? I've never received an invite though I see plenty of smaller TRSs who are in this program.

Thanks!

@inceptions there isn't a list of criteria available for me to reference, so I won't be able to determine why your account isn't currently in the concierge program, unfortunately. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 73 of 88
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

Since the Category changes yesterday I have not been able to Change an item from one category into a new one using the BULK EDITING TOOL! All I get is a immediate "THERE HAS BEEN A SYSTEM ERROR" Message. Any idea when this will be fixed as it is surely related to the poor rollout of the consolidating of so many categories across the site into NEW ONES. And also will all the previous ITEM SPECIFICS I have filled out that have been wiped out with the move of items to new categories show up eventually or am I expected to redo countless hours of previous work all over again? If the answer is Yes I will be expected to then I would rather just pull the listings off the site for good.

@ekmadonna my understanding is that item specifics should remain. If you're seeing otherwise then I'd love some item numbers as examples. Feel free to tag me in a separate thread with some examples and I'll get them reported. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 74 of 88
latest reply

@c.b. wrote:

HI - thanks for being here...

When looking up "sold" listings, if we sort by sold price, they are in order by LISTED price -- even if there was a best-offer accepted that was lower or higher than that listed price.  in other words...there is no way to know if an item that was listed at 2.000 dollars actually sold for 600 dollars bc the sold listings show it at 2k...and when sorted, will put it in dollar amount order based on LISTED price.  that was changed about a year ago -- before that, we could at least sort it by sold price and even tho it still DISPLAYED the listed price, it would put it IN ORDER by ACTUAL price paid.  Even if we don't know the exact amount paid, at least we knew the general price range when gauging prices for listing or for bidding. Can that be fixed or put back?

...Or...now that Terapeak is avail to us all... are the Terapeak sales prices the ACTUAL price paid?  What does Terapeak show for sales numbers?

Hi @c.b. - the Terapeak Research page does have a sold price range aggregate metric, but it's not clear on whether or not that includes the actual accepted Best Offer price of an item or the price it was listed for (officially: this metric provides insight into the lowest transaction price and highest transaction price contained in your search results)

Ultimately a Best Offer is a price that a member may be willing to accept but not always something that they want broadcast (part of the reason why the decision was made to remove exact prices). I can't promise this will ever change in the future, but I'll make sure to get it sent on!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 75 of 88
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: