cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 24 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Edit: Please read the FAQ about the new "All Selling" page here.

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 158
latest reply
157 REPLIES 157

Re: Community Chat, March 24 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Brian, Brittanie and Tyler

Although you are kind enough to respond to some of our comments, the issue is for the sellers that the page just doesn’t work as efficiently as it once did. Now many complained about MP, and it took some getting used to but like bad food, it passed.

The page we all were very comfortable with is gone. Got it. But can you please personally pass on our collective concerns to the group that made the new page and let them know that it’s just NOT user friendly.

As sellers, we need to know if we were paid what we need to ship, and when we need to ship it by.

The coders/programmers had no input from those who use it the most. The sellers.  I personally don’t care if eBay wants to create the same look and feel across the site, but as a seller I would like a USEFUL overview of what I need to do to keep my customers happy. Would it be so hard for that programming group to extend to us the same courtesies we are extending to our customers?

So again, thanks for the opportunity to vent. I can only hope that one of you has the ability to pass our collective concerns on to the powers that be.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 106 of 158
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

On a separate note still no clarification on the random fees I am being credited/debited.  Should I take this as a sign that I need to take eBay to court for a random amount?

gwzcomps_0-1616616708643.png

@gwzcomps @bimmerpc1 I don't have an update just yet, but am still looking into this. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 107 of 158
latest reply

Its as if the tech dept changed stuff so they could look like they were doing something during the pandemic to justify their continued employment

Message 108 of 158
latest reply

brittanie@ebay wrote:

@outdoorgeardude wrote:

Tyler, do you know what Classic View is? That's not a snarky question, I just want to establish a baseline of understanding.

@outdoorgeardude - Yes, we know what the Classic View is. We've been collecting feedback about the changes to the 'All Selling' page. 

brittanie@ebay   They really need to act on giving Sellers a Monthly snap shot of Sales as well as listing the number of Auctions with bids and totals per my initial post here today ... which has garnered quite a few Helpfuls ... meaning people agree with that obvious assessment.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 109 of 158
latest reply

"You need to update your account details on file in order to avoid any issues with payouts in the future."

This message has cluttered up the Seller Hub page for months, perhaps since before COVID-19. I reported the problem to eBay months ago. I was assured that it was an eBay problem and it would be fixed. Here I am almost a year later, still wondering what is wrong with my account settings, if anything. Is there no way to find out or no way for eBay to fix the software? Why not just suppress the message if it is meaningless?

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 110 of 158
latest reply

@ktseb51 wrote:

I have been with ebay for 22 years and have always gone along/ coped with the changes the company has made.....some good and some bad.   However, this year has been a disaster.  The managed payments program has had many problems causing delays for funds to be sent.  The GSP has also proven a problem lately with excluded countries and given the wrong information about them from your reps when I have asked.

Finally, changing the active listing page, making it less informative for the sellers needs and not user friendly in any way.

Throw in slow sales and the pandemic and I am ready to just stop selling on ebay.

If you need to update the code on the active listings page, at least keep the items that the sellers (large and small ) use and need to view easily.

Thank you.

@ktseb51 - I'm sorry to hear that things have been going that way on your end. To get your feedback to the right place, I recommend using the 'Comment' link or 'Tell us what you think' links located on the top or side of most Seller Hub/My eBay pages. This gets the feedback directly to the team that works on that page so they can possibly make changes to the 'Active listings' page. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 111 of 158
latest reply

Hate to point out the obvious but there is money involved.  Maybe a court case number will speed things up.

Message 112 of 158
latest reply

As usual you are so on point.  Thank you for posting useful information.  Your question presented to Tyler regarding "passing on our comprehensive comments from the Weekly Chat has not impact?"  is truly how it appears.  Why bother solicit our opinions?  It appears we better live with it or....

Message 113 of 158
latest reply

Just a comment, but telling sellers to click on a Comment link is pretty dismissive and insulting.

How about if you tell your higher-ups that there is a BIG problem with the Seller Hub user interface?

What if I told you that I refuse to list any more items until the user interface is as functional as Classic View?

WE are the customers here. WE make YOU money and pay for YOUR salary. Many big companies forget that. I'm getting that vibe a lot from eBay lately.

We should be on the same team here. You help us and we'll make you more money. That's what it's all about, isn't it? Money, money, money.

____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here.

Message 114 of 158
latest reply

Tyler, I don't understand why the new page could not have had the new code written to mimic ( mirror image) the existing all selling page. since they had to write new code anyway why would they at least not include the items and links that were resident on the existing page? By creating a new page and deliberately leaving currently used seller information off the new page show disrespect for the sellers using that information. With a little effort all of this mess could have been avoided. People are not nearly as resistant to change when an effort is made show respect for their needs. Mr. Lincoln posted a very good example of simple things that should have been included automatically. Please pass this along to the team to get those items added back to the new page . Thanks for your help.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 115 of 158
latest reply

Sellers come here and voice their issues with their disdain for the classic view being done away with and this is what we get....

"I'd encourage you to share your input and feedback on this change by using the 'Comments?' link in the corner of the page."

Classic eBay runaround & avoid the issue reply...Might as well talk to my keyboard

Message 116 of 158
latest reply

does anyone need a big blue bar telling them to make an offer or print a shipping label?  or a stupid help icon floating on the side? Is it just me or is anyone else getting seasick from the  added big blue bars  on the right of the page as one scrolls up and down?

Message 117 of 158
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@gwjw wrote:

Please bring back the classic seller view, it was much easier to use than the seller hub. 

@gwjw the classic All Selling page was deprecated because it was built on old code and was out of date. We have no plans to change this decision. We've seen members feedback and have passed it onto the appropriate team. Thanks!

I suggest that at least one person from the development team be assigned to read the pertinent threads on the community boards concerning the changes to the seller pages.

That would be much better for the team to listen to the voice of the ebay seller.

Since the ebay response is

We are not going to change anything

But leave feedback anyway

Doesn't that translate to

We are not going to change anything

So go pound sand

But if it makes you feel better

leave a comment

giggle giggle

And don't forget to have a NICE DAY.

-------
Not my selling nor buying account
Message 118 of 158
latest reply

Any word on putting combine shipping on the app, its only been 3 years since is was brought up

Message 119 of 158
latest reply

exactly!!!!!!!!!

Message 120 of 158
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: