cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 18 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Join the Community team here at 1 PM PT on March 18th for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so please bring any general questions you may have about buying or selling.

The chat will be open for questions from 1-2 pm PT, at which point we'll close thread from additional responses. After this time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

If you're new to the chat, welcome! Simply Reply to this post with your question from 1-2 PM Pacific Time and we'll be happy to look into it for you.

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

When a seller doesn't or hasn't paid their selling fees, how much time does Ebay typically allow them before they don't allow them to list new things?

Hi @mam98031 - in general there is a 30 day past due time frame before a member is blocked from listing new items. Thanks!

Thank you.  That is what i thought, but I was having problems finding the correct policy.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 31 of 81
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

tyler@ebay 

I need my listings/store refreshed, I emailed ebay CS yesterday the response I got was:

“I apologize Kevin, refreshing an account is not available as of the moment. Normally, we talk to the account owner over the phone but since phone call is not available we really cannot take actions.
Thanks for choosing eBay. We appreciated your business. You take care always and enjoy the rest of your day!”

Can someone please refresh my store? Takes few seconds and isn’t hard for ebay to do!

Hi @nuclearomen, I'm glad you brought this up so I can address a common misconception. We’ve seen this topic come up in the forums a few times, and it has caused confusion for some. To be clear, there is not a special method or button that we have to help give someone a boost in sales. We want all sellers to be successful and have control over their success. The main factors for improving sales are closely tied to the main factors for Best Match. While you may have had discussions in the past with Customer Service about "refreshing" your account, this would have been rooted in a misunderstanding by the agents you spoke with. 

Though it might seem like an easy thing to do, pushing a button to refresh some listings doesn’t actually change the characteristics of the listings. The things that we encourage all sellers to do is what has the most impact on listings – a competitive price, free shipping whenever possible, quality pictures, a well thought out title, etc. The store refresh process does exist, but it only address some very specific technical issues (such as when a revision is not processing as it should). This option is not capable of boosting sales or improving Best Match results. This has been misunderstood and we are working to make sure everyone understands this. If you can tell me dates and approximate times of when you were given misinformation about this topic, I will be happy to address any training or coaching needs those agents may have.

@Anonymous 
it's not about boosting sales... it's about my listings being "froze" for 4 days now most to all listings have just stopped views/watcher counts..which yeah, I actually keep track of on over half of listings. I know there isn't a "button", but there is a refresh process ebay can do and doing it in bulk editor isn't the same. I already have free shipping/returns, lowest price on most all items to competitor prices (go ahead check them yourself), 100% feedback, top rated seller... If ebay doesn't want to help then ebay then forward me a month store fee credit. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 32 of 81
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

I have a new "alert" in my ebay seller hub.  I find it so unnecessary to use the task module for an item that is not required.  I cannot remove the alert unless I send offers to all of the eligible items.  It is on all of my ebay selling accounts.

The issue I have is that the task box generally is a quick view for me to see what really needs to be done, and has up until this point been used for "item waiting to be shipped"  a real task or alert that needs to be done. 

By adding the alert in RED it makes it appear to be a task that sellers need to do right away.

I wish ebay would reconsider using my task module for stuff like this. 

I just noticed and I agree this is NOT the place for this.  It's already shown in at least 2 other places and doesn't belong in the urgent tasks box.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 33 of 81
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

I understand that many companies are trying to operate with a smaller task force because of distancing. Are tech support issues still being worked on at this time (remotely) or is that department more or less on hiatus save for larger site-wide issues until this situation normalizes?

I'm asking because of an open ticket I have and I would like to know if I should expect no updates for a potential very long time.

Hi @coffeebean832, tech issues, both small and large, are still being worked on 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 34 of 81
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Hi guys- FedEx and UPS have both announced changes to signature requirements for the time being. Will eBay take this into consideration if an INR claim is filed on items over $750?

This is a fluid situation so I understand if you don't have an immediate answer but it would be great if you could find out and get back to us.

Hi @coffeebean832, thank you so much for bringing this up! This is an interesting question to address and while I don't have an update on this at the moment, I will be sure to bring it up with the appropriate teams that are discussing protection options for the current circumstances and work on getting you an update.

Message 35 of 81
latest reply

I am very concerned about my ebay business and I always try to meet expectations on shipping, handling times etc.

But with this emergency in our country and world, I am feeling a lot of pressure and uncertainty as to how I can maintain my business but not risk losing my seller standing due to things out of my control.

I am currently out of work because of this Virus sweeping the world.  Like others, I need my ebay income and can't risk shutting down over fear that I won't be able to ship items.

If the time comes where the post office "shuts down" or is no longer able to accept and move packages, I fear that my metrics with be ruined. 

I can't cancel orders because that causes defects.

I can't mail late because that causes late shipping metrics.

I have never had any luck with ebay removing defects or service metrics marks or whatever you want to call them.. even when ebay promises that they should be removed or that there was a glitch that made it impossible for those promised removals to be removed.

What does ebay suggest?

What does Marni Levine say on the subject of day to day operations and a sudden interruption?

Has this been discussed internally?

I want to continue selling but I also have this terrifying feeling that if the post office suddenly shuts down in my area, it could mean the end of my 21 year selling history.

Am I overreacting?  Does ebay have my back? 

Message 36 of 81
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@greg213213 wrote:

When will eBay start cracking down the price gouging that is going on? Check the spelling of "Hand Sanitisers" on these listings. Some of these prices are ridiculous and it seems that nothing is being done.

Here is just one listing for 2 12oz bottles of equate hand sanitizers and the seller is a U.S. based seller.

This is an auction and has over a day and a half left and the bid is up to $54.00.

Let's get this price gouging taken care of as I am sure that eBay does not want to be a facilitator in this action by crooked sellers.

Hi @greg213213, we are actively reviewing for potential violations for removal and I can assure you that spelling variations and intentional errors are not something that would prevent us from locating these listings and taking action. You are welcome to report any concerns you see directly from the listing. You can use the following options to get these reported with the appropriate priority: Prohibited and restricted items> Illegal items and items encouraging illegal activity> Other illegal activity concerns

@Anonymous 
So many posts are popping up on the board about Toilet paper & price gouging 
It is not on the list of  items like the Wipes, Sanitizers & Masks
Are you asking buyers to report gouging on other items as well as the three items listed in the Announcement ?

Thanks & everyone stay safe 

Message 37 of 81
latest reply

From Canada Post in regards to signature required problems:

As the situation caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) quickly evolves, we want to assure you that all of us at Canada Post are doing everything we can to keep our employees, customers and the communities we serve safe.

Following the direction of the Public Health Agency of Canada, we continue to introduce new safety measures to help contain the spread of COVID-19. Until further notice, these safety measures will now include a change to items that are delivered to the door.

• To help minimize points of close contact in our communities, we will no longer be requesting signatures for any deliveries to the door. This will eliminate the need for scanners and stylus pens to be passed back and forth during the delivery process of these items.   • Instead, where possible, our delivery agents will apply our safe drop process. This means they will leave these items in your mailbox or outside your door if it’s safe to do so. Where it’s not possible to safe drop, our delivery agent will leave a notice card indicating the post office where you can pick up your items by showing proof of identity.  

Canada Post will continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation around COVID-19, and to actively follow the guidance and safety recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Canada.

In late January, we enacted our corporate pandemic plan. As part of that plan, we have a dedicated internal team regularly monitoring developments, responding to issues and preparing to make any necessary changes in a responsible manner. So far, there have been no impacts to our operations.

We will let you know about any changes we make to our processes that will help increase the collective safety of our communities. If you have general concerns about the safety of the mail, we would like to assure you that the World Health Organization continues to state that mail and packages are safe to handle, including those from incoming countries.

During this difficult period, as we continue to connect and to proudly serve you, please know that your safety and the safety of our employees remains our top priority.

Please visit canadapost.ca for the latest updates.

Unsubscribe

You are receiving this email because you made a transaction with Canada Post in the past two years, or have agreed to the Canada Post terms and conditions. Please note that you can unsubscribe at any time.

Please do not reply

Replies to this email will not be read or responded to. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us.

™Trademarks of Canada Post Corporation.

SFSB_CV031820

canadapost.ca
2701 Riverside Drive, Ottawa ON  K1A 0B1

Accessibility  |  Legal  |  Privacy  |  Important Updates

Message 38 of 81
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@divwido wrote:

Any thoughts of giving those of us who are stuck at home a thousand free auctions for thirty days?

Hi @divwido - no rumors that I've heard about that, but I'll make sure that gets suggested!

Can you suggest an increase in coupons and eBay bucks promos to encourage shoppers during this time? 😁

Message 39 of 81
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

What is the proper procedure to cancel a sale if we get sick or shipping services shut down? How will we avoid defects when eBay can't even remove a defect on my account for a previous order EBAY TOLD ME TO CANCEL!!!

Hi @gwzcomps - if you receive sales after your shipping stations are shut down and before you're able to update your listings with an alternate (or activate vacation mode, etc), I recommend letting the buyer know the situation and cancelling with 'buyer requested or problem with the buyer's address'. 

If you fall ill please make sure that you're taking care of yourself and focusing on getting better. I'd also make sure that your listings are set up with handling time sufficient for you or with a vacation setting turned on. 

If you have items that sell that you aren't able to fulfill because you've fallen ill you should cancel the transaction with the same reason code. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 40 of 81
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@golfingaddict wrote:

I have a new "alert" in my ebay seller hub.  I find it so unnecessary to use the task module for an item that is not required.  I cannot remove the alert unless I send offers to all of the eligible items.  It is on all of my ebay selling accounts.

The issue I have is that the task box generally is a quick view for me to see what really needs to be done, and has up until this point been used for "item waiting to be shipped"  a real task or alert that needs to be done. 

By adding the alert in RED it makes it appear to be a task that sellers need to do right away.

I wish ebay would reconsider using my task module for stuff like this. 

Hi @golfingaddict, this is great feedback to provide to our Seller Hub team - I recommend you submit your suggestions through the "Comments?" option at the top of most Seller Hub pages so this can be routed directly to the team. They will review and will be able to contact you directly if they need any further clarification.

Message 41 of 81
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@greg213213 wrote:

When will eBay start cracking down the price gouging that is going on? Check the spelling of "Hand Sanitisers" on these listings. Some of these prices are ridiculous and it seems that nothing is being done.

Here is just one listing for 2 12oz bottles of equate hand sanitizers and the seller is a U.S. based seller.

This is an auction and has over a day and a half left and the bid is up to $54.00.

Let's get this price gouging taken care of as I am sure that eBay does not want to be a facilitator in this action by crooked sellers.

Hi @greg213213, we are actively reviewing for potential violations for removal and I can assure you that spelling variations and intentional errors are not something that would prevent us from locating these listings and taking action. You are welcome to report any concerns you see directly from the listing. You can use the following options to get these reported with the appropriate priority: Prohibited and restricted items> Illegal items and items encouraging illegal activity> Other illegal activity concerns

Does it really help to report items? 

I'm at about 50% of my normal business level right now, so I have been doing a lot of reporting - I am offended by these listings and I worry about how eBay will be viewed when we finally get past this miserable situation.

Still, I don't want to waste my time.  If it is worthwhile, I will continue, but it is disheartening to get an 'are you still interested in...' email on an item I reported 😁

Stay safe,

Sue

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 42 of 81
latest reply

I'm hopeful EBay is imposing sanctions on sellers price gouging on hand sanitizer, wipes, etc. I reported two auctions today that had been up for a while - one where sanitizer and wipes were going for $99USD plus 50 shipping. I get that you can't find all of these, but just hope that there's a real consequence for these sellers. They really shouldn't be part of this community.

Message 43 of 81
latest reply

Thank you

Message 44 of 81
latest reply

I have mentioned time after time after time that I have been seeing "same day shipping" on my listings that do not have same day shipping.

I posted screen shots from several of my accounts.

Recently  I changed my handling time to 2 days.   This morning (early) I looked at my listings and sure enough, there was the "same day shipping" notice on the front page.   Seriously?  Are you trying to disappoint my buyers for me?

I am stressed enough over shipping.  I worry that the post office in my area may not get my packages.

There is no point showing you item numbers now.  It only shows up in the morning, usually until noon my time (west coast)  It is fluid and it changes.  It only shows on listings that have free shipping.

It shows up on listings with one day handling and now even with two day handling.

eBay is setting me up for failure when the buyers see this.  I am not amazon prime. 

At least I am not teaching now but I still cannot drop everything and run to the post office because ebay puts these false expectations in my listings.

Please ebay… leave my listings alone.  If I have 2 day handling I really need 2 day handling.

Thank you.

Message 45 of 81
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: