cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 25 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join the Community team here at 1 PM PT on March 25th for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so please bring any general questions you may have about buying or selling.

The chat will be open for questions from 1-2 pm PT, at which point we'll close thread from additional responses. After this time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

If you're new to the chat, welcome! Simply Reply to this post with your question from 1-2 PM Pacific Time and we'll be happy to look into it for you.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Hello,
Can you please review the (only) negative feedback on my account. The buyer had the bracelet, which I sold as a used piece of jewelry,  for 45 days before leaving me the negative feedback. During that time she wore it for several weeks and broke it, according to her messages. I have a 30 day free return policy, which she chose not to use.

She has indicated that in order to return the item at this point (55 days later), she wants to be reimbursed for the $70 repair bill first. Also she has indicated that in order to revise her negative feedback she wants to be compensated for the $70 repair bill first.

Can I please have this feedback removed for extortion? I have tried to repeatedly communicate through the eBay email system but I think at this point I am only getting automated messages that send me back around in a circle, getting no where.

The only two feedback she has left, ever, have been negative. Never a nice comment left for any sellers. She also left a negative for another seller asking for a return through the feedback system and demanding a label. Just an FYI

As you know, most sellers are being affected by COVID-19, as is mine. This negative feedback only makes a bad sales situation worse.

Thank you.

--------
I love me, thanks.
Message 2 of 87
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, the chat is now open for replies! Looking forward to talking to you this afternoon 🙂

Message 3 of 87
latest reply

Is there anything that can be done to stop "Same Day Shipping" from being displayed on my 1-day handling time items? I have been trying to get help with this for 4 months. I don't lie to my customers. Why does Ebay lie to them? Ebay tells sellers that it's important to meet handling times and have good communication with customers but they put this false claim on all my items.
(Posting only ID here.)

Message 4 of 87
latest reply

I filed an INR for an item past its due date. The seller had previously provided a tracking number that never moved. The seller was non-responsive, despite several attempts to contact. The night before the INR was due for a response from the seller, seller uploaded a different tracking number for the the item, showing it had been delivered 2 days prior. The zip code that the new tracking number shows the item has been delivered to is not my zip code and I do not have the item. I did not make a mistake when filling out my address, my address has been the same on eBay since I registered 3 years ago. I put this information in the INR and it was still closed this morning in the seller’s favor, stating the item has been delivered. Since I cannot call, I have tried contacting customer service via email, and regardless of how I try to approach the topic, if I click on the item, I get redirected to the resolution center with a message saying my item has been delivered or a message stating my “problem has been resolved”, with no additional option to contact CS. What am I supposed to do here?

Message 5 of 87
latest reply

Greetings, Is there the possibility of a plan to offer "non-store" sellers any fixed-price free insertions, before the end of March?  Thank you…

Message 6 of 87
latest reply

I think Ebay is doing a really good job shutting down various FP listings that are participating in price gouging.  

But when it is an auction, they don't seem to get shut down or certainly not as quickly as an FP.  Is there a different criteria for auctions vs FB?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 87
latest reply

Many stores are starting to refuse to do returns and are selling things all sales final due to safety concerns. What is eBay doing to protect the safety of sellers when it comes to returns? In most cases I am not willing to refund without getting my item back. At the same time I want to make sure I am able to safely run my business. Hopefully as things continue to get worse eBay is keeping the health and safety of the sellers in mind.

Message 8 of 87
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I think Ebay is doing a really good job shutting down various FP listings that are participating in price gouging.  

But when it is an auction, they don't seem to get shut down or certainly not as quickly as an FP.  Is there a different criteria for auctions vs FB?

I have wondered why they don't just shut down those categories for now.

Message 9 of 87
latest reply

First, Hope you guys are doing well. Second, thanks for putting up the COVID-19 Hub and for the free listing promo and other steps ebay has taken to help at this time. And question: Many sellers are under some type of "Stay in Place" order, and I've seen sellers who have closed down their ebay business entirely because they believe they are considered a "non-essential" business and cannot travel to the PO to drop off parcels. Could you provide some insights into this? As far as I can tell, at least here in PA, we can continue to go to the PO and so can continue to function as an online business.
Message 10 of 87
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Many stores are starting to refuse to do returns and are selling things all sales final due to safety concerns. What is eBay doing to protect the safety of sellers when it comes to returns? In most cases I am not willing to refund without getting my item back. At the same time I want to make sure I am able to safely run my business. Hopefully as things continue to get worse eBay is keeping the health and safety of the sellers in mind.

Was there a thread on this?

@gwzcomps 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 87
latest reply

Problem about shipping: a person bought 2 items, and I sent an invoice.

When I sent it, the third line said "Local Pickup - $0.00" But when they got it, the third line had changed to "FedEx Express - $0.00" so naturally, that's what they chose.
Even the least expensive shipping mode costs more than the cost of the items they bought.
Is there anything I can do?

Message 12 of 87
latest reply

Hello,
Can you please review the (only) negative feedback on my account. The buyer had the bracelet, which I sold as a used piece of jewelry, for 45 days before leaving me the negative feedback. During that time she wore it for several weeks and broke it, according to her messages. I have a 30 day free return policy, which she chose not to use.

She has indicated that in order to return the item at this point (55 days later), she wants to be reimbursed for the $70 repair bill first. Also she has indicated that in order to revise her negative feedback she wants to be compensated for the $70 repair bill first. Can I please have this feedback removed for extortion? I have tried to repeatedly communicate through the eBay email system but I think at this point I am only getting automated messages that send me back around in a circle, getting no where.

The only two feedback she has left, ever, have been negative. Never a nice comment left for any sellers. She also left a negative for another seller asking for a return through the feedback system and demanding a label. Just an FYI

As you know, most sellers are being affected by COVID-19, as is mine. This negative feedback only makes a bad sales situation worse.

Thank you.

--------
I love me, thanks.
Message 13 of 87
latest reply

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

Is there anything that can be done to stop "Same Day Shipping" from being displayed on my 1-day handling time items? I have been trying to get help with this for 4 months. I don't lie to my customers. Why does Ebay lie to them? Ebay tells sellers that it's important to meet handling times and have good communication with customers but they put this false claim on all my items.
(Posting only ID here.)

Hi @crazystuff4sale, we have reported this to the our tech team and they are aware of the issue. The Community team continues to send them examples as well. I don't have an update on the status of a fix right now though. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 14 of 87
latest reply

Was my post intentionally deleted before? If so, why.

--------
I love me, thanks.
Message 15 of 87
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: