cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, June 3 @ 1:00 pm PT - Turbo Lister Retirement & SixBit

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join the Community team at 1 PM on June 3rd for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. With the upcoming retirement of Turbo Lister, a member of the team that supported this tool will join us to answer questions about the transition. Additionally, representatives from the third-party listing tool SixBit will also be joining us to provide more information on how you may be able to leverage their product to grow your business.

If you're new to our weekly chat, welcome! Simply click the Reply button on this post, type up your question, and hit submit. We look forward to chatting with you!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 263
latest reply
262 REPLIES 262

Re: Community Chat, June 3 @ 1:00 pm PT - Turbo Lister Retirement & SixBit

Thank you! Glad to hear it is desktop based. I much prefer that to a web based lister.
Message 91 of 263
latest reply

How easy is it to "import" ALL of my ads and photos within the ads from TL to 6bit or another listing tool?

I just found out 6bit is $35/mo. ........really? Why does ebay NOT provide a FREE listing tool?

After almost 20 years of TL, it seems difficult to let it go because it is so easy to use.

Message 92 of 263
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@backlotmovie wrote:

Hello I am here for information.  I do not know why Turbo Lister has to stop.  I am not sure why eBay would want to make things more complicated or difficult for sellers when they have used a program that has worked so well for years.

Hello @backlotmovie ,

Thank you for sharing your feelings and we appreciate it. We know how important this tool is to many and we share some of your feelings. There are a few software advances we want to move forward on and where Turbo Lister stands now, it isn't going to be compatible with our plans for 2020. 

We have decided to focus resources in other areas and felt the best time to deprecate Turbo Lister 2 is now. We know and understand how it will impact some of our members and for this reason we've partnered with SixBit Software which is a desktop application similar to Turbo Lister. We appreciate you and all you have done for us and your customers.

Thank you again for your post!

Message 93 of 263
latest reply

@attictreasures162012 wrote:

I am trying to find the best way and if possible to load my 200 items that I have on turbo Lister after that is no longer available.

@attictreasures162012 The path from Turbo Lister to SixBit is through the CSV export.  If you export your data from Turbo Lister into a CSV file, you will be able to import it into SixBit now or anytime in the future.

Message 94 of 263
latest reply

As I understand the turbo will be replaced to SixBit?

Message 95 of 263
latest reply

@precancelsafari wrote:

Hello.   I am a 17-year eBay seller and have been using TurboLister for almost that long.   My first question is:

What does "ending support for TL" really mean?  I can live without the excellent phone support for problems I have received over the years, but will I still be able to upload my listing from my current installation of TL?

Hello @precancelsafari .  Thanks for your question. When support ends for Turbo Lister the program will no longer be able to connect to eBay site. The program will remain on your hard drive until you uninstall it. As long as the program is still installed you'll be able to see your inventory there. Until July 13th you can still get support from Advanced Apps team, or write to turbodata@ebay.com. Thank you for being a loyal user of Turbo Lister all these years!

Message 96 of 263
latest reply

To people who are new here this is a text chat board.  No video or audio involved.  Just ask a question and someone will get to it.  🙂

Message 97 of 263
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yogojack wrote:

Been trying to log in to the chat.  Where are instructions?

Hi @yogojack, you've found the right place! This is the weekly chat, and you can post your questions about Turbo Lister or SixBit by hitting the blue Reply button in the first post at the top of the thread. Once you have typed out your question, you just need to hit submit and we'll review for an answer.

Message 98 of 263
latest reply

Is the only option for creating an archived database is to pay for a third party program? Aside from that, I'm sorry but the directions for transfer of data to this program may as well be in ancient greek.  I know I am old but Turbo Lister is user friendly and free.  Of course you must get rid of it.  My brain is about to explode.  While change may be good, all change is not good.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep turbo lister.  

Message 99 of 263
latest reply

@birdhouse-in-your-soul wrote:

Answer to trivia --  The Gilded Six-Bits was a story by Zora Neale Hurston.

Trish

@birdhouse-in-your-soul ohhh I didn't know about this! That's an excellent guess, but isn't the inspiration for SixBit's name.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 100 of 263
latest reply

Yes
Message 101 of 263
latest reply

@dianet49 wrote:

Am I doing something wrong?  All I see is questions with no responses.

No, you're doing it right - they type slow.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 102 of 263
latest reply

The Turbolister alternative at Six Bit is 14.99 per their Turbo Lister landing page.
Message 103 of 263
latest reply

There’s no listening only reading.
Message 104 of 263
latest reply

I have the same question
Message 105 of 263
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: