cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, June 3 @ 1:00 pm PT - Turbo Lister Retirement & SixBit

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join the Community team at 1 PM on June 3rd for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. With the upcoming retirement of Turbo Lister, a member of the team that supported this tool will join us to answer questions about the transition. Additionally, representatives from the third-party listing tool SixBit will also be joining us to provide more information on how you may be able to leverage their product to grow your business.

If you're new to our weekly chat, welcome! Simply click the Reply button on this post, type up your question, and hit submit. We look forward to chatting with you!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 263
latest reply
262 REPLIES 262

We were told to prepare for Turbo Lister to be cancelled but you are right, how can you prepare for twenty-years worth of work and no guidance or continuing smooth transitioning option?  I do not understand this, and my heart goes out to you.  Perhaps having no Turbo-Lister is a way that a new software program can be developed that will cost the seller more of their profits outside of eBay and PayPal fees.

Message 76 of 263
latest reply

I list about 40 items a month on ebay, mostly collectibles.  $19.99 is very expensive.  I need to save Christmas listings for the next year.  Are there any more affordable options?

Message 77 of 263
latest reply

Hello Guys,

I am trying to manage inventory in an East Coast and West Coast warehouse.  Most of the items are in both locations but not all.  I am uploading my daily inventory levels to eBay every morning. The problem is I can't specify to eBay how many items are in each individual location.  This is important as it effects my Door to Door eBay Guaranteed delivery.  I don't want people in California to think they will their item in one day when I only have that particular item in my Pennsylvania Warehouse.      This week two separate eBay support agents suggested I set up a separate Anchor store for each warehouse.  This would resolve my issue but I believe it is a violation of your duplicate listing policy.   I just need a solution to manage my inventory and eBay Guaranteed Delivery.

Thank you,

John Norman

Message 78 of 263
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@whotoldya wrote:

Thank you for making this Turbo Lister Chat Session possible.

Question 1.

All year long we are picking up a mix of items that will sell real well during the holiday selling season.

When the holiday season ends. They tend to be removed by Ebay because the inventory
has dropped down to 0 in stock.

When the next holiday selling season rolls around we can easily re-list what ever ones we have put back in stock.
They are in Turbo Lister. Items that ended 3 years ago can easlily be re-listed.
All the details are filled in. Quick and Easy to relist them using Turbo Lister.

We relist items sometimes that are 2 -3 years old. It's real easy to do with Turbo Lister.

With Turbo Lister Retired:
Where will all that important information have gone?

And where will all those ended items have gone?
We will need access to all that information.

We've tried SixBit in the past. We do not like it.

Hello @whotoldya ,

Thank you for your post and great questions.

With Turbo Lister retired: All of the offline listings and application will remain on your computer. You can now use a Turbo Lister CSV export to move those listings over to SixBit, photos, description, all of it.

You asked where the ended listings go, if you have them in your Inventory in Turbo Lister, you can just include those in your Export mentioned above and you won't lose that hard work. 

SixBit is equipped with great help and videos on how to use it, you can reach out to their support page and set up a call with someone and I am confident they can help you with some of your conflicts with SixBit.

Again, thank you for your post and I hope this helps.

Message 79 of 263
latest reply

If my Turbo Lister CSV files can't be exported to any of the other TL alternatives I've seen, to include all of the information within them (photos, ad copy, categories, etc.) , my ebay listing activity will most likely come to an end.

Retiring this program rather than updating it is ludicrous.
Message 80 of 263
latest reply

@dianet49 wrote:

Am I doing something wrong?  All I see is questions with no responses.

You are fine.  We are all just waiting for them to catch up with us.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 81 of 263
latest reply

@lodgechief44 wrote:

I guess I thought this was a demo to show us what SixBit is?  is there a webinar or demo or something to connect to to view?

I am a HUGE Turbo Lister user and really upset this is going away.  Very disappointed.

thanks

@lodgechief44  This isn't actually a demo, but the good news is we have prepared some videos especially for Turbo Lister users migrating.  Take a look at the Turbo Lister Landing page at http://sixbit.com/tllanding .  On that page we have links to videos on Downloading and Setup, A First Look at SixBit and some of the differences between SixBit and Turbo Lister.

Message 82 of 263
latest reply

Will Fitbit support staff assist in the importing of all Turbolister items w/ pictures? Are there videos to help?  How complex is the process?  How long will it take to import 200 listings?

Message 83 of 263
latest reply

I am in Canada, I’ve been listing using TL for 15 years and I list in US dollars on .com since 90% of my buyers are in the USA. As a Canadian, can I use SixBit and will I Be billed in US or Cdn dollars for the service?

BTW, I’ve never received any emails regarding the demise of Turbo Lister.if I didn’t frequent the US boards I would have been totally surprised when TL ended.

Message 84 of 263
latest reply

Been using ebay since 1997 and Turbo from the beginning. Is sixbit a database. Are you going to do a demonstration? Like others, I am not happy at all about this. Turbo is not the best program in the world but it is certainly easy to use and very helpful.

Message 85 of 263
latest reply

how to work this
Message 86 of 263
latest reply

I love your post, they are doing away with Turbo Lister, and offering bleak alternatives.  Especially for those who have a large data base.  Why mess with success?  I am not tech savvy either and Six Bit charges where Turbo Lister did not, so more loss revenue for sellers, PLUS the alternatives as you mentioned are not as good as TL so we are all having to step down.

Message 87 of 263
latest reply

Is this only questions or is there a video we can join?

Message 88 of 263
latest reply

Me too
Message 89 of 263
latest reply

If I am paying SixBits a monthly fee, will I also have to pay eBay my store fee of $21 per month.  Now up to $50+++ per mo.  How does this feather out

Message 90 of 263
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: