cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, June 3 @ 1:00 pm PT - Turbo Lister Retirement & SixBit

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join the Community team at 1 PM on June 3rd for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. With the upcoming retirement of Turbo Lister, a member of the team that supported this tool will join us to answer questions about the transition. Additionally, representatives from the third-party listing tool SixBit will also be joining us to provide more information on how you may be able to leverage their product to grow your business.

If you're new to our weekly chat, welcome! Simply click the Reply button on this post, type up your question, and hit submit. We look forward to chatting with you!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 263
latest reply
262 REPLIES 262

Re: Community Chat, June 3 @ 1:00 pm PT - Turbo Lister Retirement & SixBit

Anonymous
Not applicable

@valuetrendz wrote:
Are we limited to asking questions about those subjects or are we allowed to ask other seller specific questions?

Hi @valuetrendz, this week's chat is limited to questions about Turbo Lister or SixBit, but you are welcome to post any general selling questions you have to the selling board for help from our Community.

Message 61 of 263
latest reply

Why is Turbo Lister no longer being used? I think it works fine.

Message 62 of 263
latest reply

I've been a TL user for 18 or 19 years. I probably have 7500 templates in there.

I've tried to list items just going through the normal listing system on ebay. Wow, who has that kind of time. 

It appears that 'Sixbit' is available for a monthly fee. I guess that I now understand why your dropping TL.

I can't incur more monthly fees.

Message 63 of 263
latest reply

Computer crashed with Turbo Lister.  How do I retrieve, export/import my 3132 inventory items into sixbit?

Message 64 of 263
latest reply

@birdhouse-in-your-soul wrote:

Hi! Thanks for this chat.  I am a longtime Turbo Lister user and am not great at learning new software.  I am interested in a replacement though.   How easy is it to set up and learn to use the Six Bit program?  (I am assuming it is a desktop program - not web based??)

Thanks!
Trish

@birdhouse-in-your-soulSixBit is a desktop based app, and easy to install. When you start it for the first time, you'll be prompted to enter your eBay information and will give you options to import your inventory from a Turbo Lister CSV file or directly from eBay. More information can be found on the Turbo Lister Landing page along with videos to complete setup.

Message 65 of 263
latest reply

@fawnskin_fans wrote:

Hello,

May I listen in or is it only available to a specific question I may have?

Thanks,

fawnskin_fans

Hi @fawnskin_fans, welcome to the weekly chat! It's a forum chat, not a voice chat. Feel free to read the questions and answers there. Also, please ask a question here if you have one 🙂 just click the 'Reply' button on any post, type up your question, and we'll respond when we get to your question. Thanks for joining us!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 66 of 263
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I imported my TL listings into Sixbits for Turbolister.  About half my listings actually made it into Sixbits.  What caused that and how can I fix it?

In TL I had my listings in various files so things were sorted for me by what my needs are.  When the ones that did make it over to SixBits they were just all together.  I lost all my separate files I used to separate the types of listings I had.  Can I fix this?

I learned how to design my screen for my ease in created a listing.  So I like that.

But I can't figure out how to change the description field from displaying in HTML.  

And how do you do a Variation listing?

I'm kinda glad I never liked or used TL. I hate to imagine how much of a nightmare it is trying to switch over with a deadline. Hopefully they will give an extension of some sort.

Message 67 of 263
latest reply

I have been a Turbo Lister User for many years. Does not support mean that it will not communicate with ebay? I also am not looking to be charged... are the alternatives that you proposing free? I depend on the templates in TL to help list quickly, so is the new platform capable of keeling the listings/templates?
Message 68 of 263
latest reply

I agree
Message 69 of 263
latest reply

Will you still be able to access turbo Lister for references like your descriptions that are saved in there and your pictures even though I know you won’t be able to use it to upload to a eBay we’re just worried we won’t be able to get back to our descriptions down the road if it’s completely going to go away and disappear off the computer or we will still be able to get into it and copy and paste our descriptions into the new system or directly onto eBay

Message 70 of 263
latest reply

@weaverlili wrote:

Hi.  Lots of problems with importing photos from TL to SixBit

It could be related to an issue with there being multiple ids in Turbo Lister or with items that have pictures that have never been listed before.  

If your pictures had not been listed to eBay before they won't come into SixBit.  To solve that issue you can list them from Turbo Lister first, and then do the import.

The issue with pictures for users with multiple userids involves an issue with the path to the images being incorrect in Turbo Lister.  Our support team has some ways to get around this issue, but it will require you to contact them to set up a session.

Message 71 of 263
latest reply

I agree about having old listings still available to easily upload.
Message 72 of 263
latest reply

You recently offered a six month trial of Sixbit for free.  I had just changed to Sixbit the month before.  Is there any way to get in on the trial if you have already signed up?

Message 73 of 263
latest reply

Where do I go to see the answers to some of the questions others are posing?
Message 74 of 263
latest reply

questions about turbo lister
Message 75 of 263
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: