cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, July 1 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have!

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close the thread from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will work review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Doesn't look like I will be selling here much longer, but I figured I would check to see if there was an update on why listings were loading weird on Firefox. Also searches have not been loading right consistently either I have noticed. Done all the clear cache and cookies troubleshooting already.
Message 2 of 51
latest reply

Someone mentioned last time that there was a special coupon given to store owners for an extra discount on shipping supplies. 
I didn't receive such a coupon.  Were certain store owners excluded?

Message 3 of 51
latest reply

Since it's July......I presume no Summer seller updates?  Any ideas on a fall one? 

Message 4 of 51
latest reply

Howdy, and Happy Wednesday Blues -

Regarding managed payments.  So - my biz checking has been verified - but in my Seller Hub on the Payments Tab there is just a mere vague statement that says "we'll notify you in Late July when we're ready for you".  Do you have a more accurate ETA for MP to kick in?

Message 5 of 51
latest reply

I'd like to suggest adding something a little more noticeable in listings regarding combined shipping. Like right next to the shipping price by the picture.

I can't imagine too many people click on the shipping tab, and even those that do might miss it since it's just a little green blurb there.

Message 6 of 51
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Someone mentioned last time that there was a special coupon given to store owners for an extra discount on shipping supplies. 

Well it is a little too late as the coupon is expired now.  But if it helps, some got the email only in My Messages and others only got it directly to their email address.  I don't remember anyone saying they got it to both.  It also had the words "Thank you" in the subject line, so it was easy to miss and think it was just a marketing thing.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 51
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:
Doesn't look like I will be selling here much longer, but I figured I would check to see if there was an update on why listings were loading weird on Firefox. Also searches have not been loading right consistently either I have noticed. Done all the clear cache and cookies troubleshooting already.

@gwzcomps Trinton reported this when it was brought to our attention. We don't have an update on the progress of this yet.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 8 of 51
latest reply

Concerning MP and conflicting information and please correct me if I am wrong. I can't post on the Can boards so am posting here.

At present, with managed payments we can still list on .com as well as .ca but all money must be deposited to a Canadian bank.

If that is correct, then we will be paying currency exchange to have the US $ deposited to the Canadian bank?

Possibly at a later date and I say possibly,  if we list on .com and .ca we might be able to deposit US $ to a US domiciled bank account and Can $ to a Canadian bank.  Is that correct, and then no currency exchange fees

Any sellers that sell in a category not supported by MP will not be asked to join MP until this problem is resolved and at this point, no one know when that may happen?

Message 9 of 51
latest reply

One more for you kind Blues -

If I'm running a Markdown Sale and try to modify (decrease) a price - I noticed that after the sale is done the price goes back to the way it was.  Is there a way to modify the price and have it stick while it's on sale?  I run a 25% off 24/7/365.  Thanks.

Message 10 of 51
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Hi @vrykalak - I'm not aware of any store owners that were excluded. It was sent to your email address and also eBay messages early last month. A reminder email was also sent last week to your eBay messages to use the bonus coupon before the expiration date (6/30). 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 51
latest reply

I am waiting for my banking to get verified for Managed Payments. I am a little concerned because they have already responded using a wrong name for my bank. How detailed is their usual response when there is an issue? What happens to me, the seller, if they don't listen and can't get it straight?
Message 12 of 51
latest reply

Since I've used the Seller Hub, which is a long time, the link in the Orders box for the Resolution Center has never been accurate.  It always shows zero even when there is an open return request, INR, UID, cancellation, etc.

After all this time I think it is reasonable to think this line would be functioning.  Any ideas if Ebay intends on fixing it or just leaving it the way it is, which isn't helping at all.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 51
latest reply

Rockstar
@vrykalak wrote:

Well it is a little too late as the coupon is expired now.  But if it helps, some got the email only in My Messages and others only got it directly to their email address.  I don't remember anyone saying they got it to both.  It also had the words "Thank you" in the subject line, so it was easy to miss and think it was just a marketing thing.

---

Thanks, In that case, I did receive it, and used it. 
So now my question is: 
Aren't store owners supposed to have a $25 discount every three month's anyway? How do I find THAT to use it?

Message 14 of 51
latest reply

As a Follow Up to the Marketing Month Series:

I just recently learned that back in April Google announced submissions to Google Shopping would be free. It's not clear whether it's free for everyone, or just sellers with their own websites. So my question is: does ebay continue to pay to submit to Google Shopping? Or is it now free? I do realize ebay pays for actual ads on Google, but I'm asking only about Google Shopping submissions.
Message 15 of 51
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: