cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, January 12 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Community Chat, January 12 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

velvet@ebay 

Please review this topic. There are lots of screenshots.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/quot-There-is-an-active-offer-for-this-buy...

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 31 of 43
latest reply

For years at the bottom of the sellers dashboard, there was a spot that told you how much in total dollars you've sold over the years. Is there a way that we can get that back?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 32 of 43
latest reply

The new, lofty $9.65 Priority Mail 2-Day™ Padded Flat Rate Envelope rate is posted on the USPS web site. 

Message 33 of 43
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:

This question is regarding buying.

I search ebay "500 4x8 bubble mailers" and like everyone else I sort by "price plus shipping lowest first" to ensure I get the best deal.

All of the results show something like .99 to 39.99. Obviously the .99 one is not for 500 qty. How do I remove the variations from search so that I only see the lowest price 500 qty without the lower priced variations unrelated to my search?

There's not a way to remove variations from the search per say @coinslabz26. You mentioned the fact that you won't get 500 for .99 though, and that's a good call out. You could try including a price range in the refinements to see if that weeds out some of the low dollar options. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 34 of 43
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

I was excited to see that Video In Listings is starting to roll out for access in the listing flow, but it looks like it's being done in phases.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Video-has-arrived/m-p/32611990/highlight/true#M1919079 

Any idea of a timeframe for how long the phased roll out might take (days, a week....?)

Hi @valueaddedresource - I don't have a specific timeframe for you on this rollout. Typically a rollout is done over several weeks or months depending on the scope of the change and the potential impact.

If I hear anything more specific than that I'll let you know!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 35 of 43
latest reply

Worth noting when a person makes a purchase on Amazon and deals with the same issue it isn't this big of a headache.  If eBay CS can't resolve it today I will just file a charge back since eBay has wasted a week of my time with this.

Message 36 of 43
latest reply

I had missed this. This is slightly terrifying for me as I regularly use this as my shipping method for my items that are between 1 and 5 lbs.

I'm happy to have a decent supply right now, but I'm pretty hosed with the rates having gone up again when I run out of these envelopes or USPS stops offering the rate.

I've always been super disciplined about not misusing the free priority shipping supplies.

Message 37 of 43
latest reply

Thanks for joining the weekly chat this week - it is now closed from further replies but we will continue to work through to ensure that questions receive a response. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 38 of 43
latest reply

@clarkphilatelics wrote:

In response to velvet@ebay 01-05-2022

In response to clarkphilatelics

‎01-05-2022 05:34 PM

@clarkphilatelics wrote:

I have posted a several times about difficulties with capturing information from Managed Payments. I did not receive a reply to the most recent post. I have a simple request. If eBay would provide a summary for each payout showing sales, fees, postage, net amount paid, and additional categories, if necessary, into a simple summary with one line with total from individual items enumerated in the payout, all in US dollars. The suggestion that the Payouts report could be downloaded is a nonstarter. Each report requires time and some skill to import into Excel and nothing is totaled. Some entries may not be posted in US dollars. Why must eBay make everything so complicated? Please find someone who can respond substantively.

Hey @clarkphilatelics! When you click into a Payout ID from the Payouts link in the Payments tab, you can see a summary for the sales, fees, postage, net amount, and the total payment amount received.

The Reports we make available to download into Excel are so sellers can organize and use the numbers as they see fit. I'll include a few links below to help pages that discuss how to best utilize these reports though, and if you have a specific mock-up or detailed version of a report you'd like to provide us, we'd be more than happy to pass that on to the Payments team.

The table below shows the type of data I am asking for.

Category

Amount

eBay Sales Amount

$252.82

eBay Fees

-$34.73

eBay Postage

-$10.14

eBay Payment Total

$207.95

The objective is to capture sales and expenses from each payment. Sales minus fees plus or minus hold adjustments should add to the payment amount. Income on the 1099-K should be the sum of the eBay Sales Amounts for the year. The eBay Payment Totals should be consistent with deposits or withdrawals from the checking account.

The problem is that the payout report does not total eBay Sales Amounts or fees from orders. While it is possible to manually total the fees, the time involved increases at a minimum of n * log(n) where n is the number of orders. Sales and fees on foreign sites like eBay.de are reported in foreign currencies. The time required to convert and sum the amounts is error prone and unproductive.

The downloadable reports you mention are more suitable for capturing orders monthly, quarterly, or annually. The process of downloading, importing into Excel, cleaning up numeric and currency columns, and removing extraneous rows is too time consuming to do daily or even weekly. The report itself contains order summary rows, order rows, and combined order summary and order rows for payments containing only one row. Columns cannot be added unless the individual or summary multi-order rows are removed. Nothing is summed. The effort required to summarize one payment would be high compared to summing income and expenses unless the payment spans hundreds of orders.

Monthly summary reports are not useful because the reporting periods start and end mid-month.

What are the objectives? The first objective is to balance the checkbook. The total paid amount is sufficient for that purpose. The second objective is to capture and categorize income, expenses, payment holds and refunds. Providing totals for income and expenses with postage split out would be sufficient for my needs. I have not been paying insertion fees or processing many returns. It is likely to be useful for most users to add a line item for insertion fees and another for holds and returns.

Finally, some cleanup is needed. Postage is displayed in the wrong column. Postage paid to eBay is a fee. Presumably, sellers who charge separately for postage will find the amount added to the eBay sales amount. Sales tax collected by eBay is not needed to track income and expenses because it is not included in the 1099-K amount. Seller collected sales tax should be included in the eBay Sales amount.

With computing resources available to eBay, additional processing resources needed to produce totals in US dollars would be insignificant. Although manual addition, as described above, was required, the sum of the payout report eBay Sales Amounts matched the 1099-K amount exactly.

Thanks for the additional detail and context @clarkphilatelics - we'll get it sent to the payments team. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 39 of 43
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:

Edit to remove wrong quote (sorry)

Also I am not asking about purchasing a shipping label. The label was purchased on ebay and acceptance scanned at a SSK  or self service kiosk.

velvet@ebay 

So you are saying that this is not a valid acceptance?

acceptance scan.jpg

Hi again @coinslabz26! An acceptance scan is an initial scan done by the carrier, letting the recipient know that the package has entered the postal system.

Going off your screen shot, the first two entries/updates would not count as acceptance scans because there is no proof that the package has actually entered the postal system. The third entry/update would count though, as it says the USPS is in possession of the item. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 40 of 43
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

tyler@ebay  Double checked the policy and INR is for not receiving your purchase altogether, not missing items based on my interpretation of the wording.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

If your item hasn't arrived yet it may still be in transit, so the first thing to do is to check the delivery information. You can find your order's delivery information in your Purchase history - opens in new window or tab. You'll be able see the item's expected delivery date, and the address it's being shipped to.

Hi @gwzcomps - I definitely see why this is confusing, and this is input I've shared with the right folks. Based on what you have described the appropriate request to have opened was an INR. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 41 of 43
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:

velvet@ebay 

Please review this topic. There are lots of screenshots.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/quot-There-is-an-active-offer-for-this-buy...

Oh, I see. Thank you @coinslabz26jasmen@ebay should be back next week and I'll try to sync with her to see if she's heard anything. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 42 of 43
latest reply

@jsfindustrial wrote:

For years at the bottom of the sellers dashboard, there was a spot that told you how much in total dollars you've sold over the years. Is there a way that we can get that back?

Hi @jsfindustrial - this was removed in June of last year, to reduce confusion members were reporting. Similar information was moved to the 'Sales' section of Seller Hub, and to provide more options for you to refine this data.

While there is no longer a 'lifetime' number attached to this, you can use the reports in Seller Hub to generate detailed breakdowns of time ranges, category types, etc. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 43 of 43
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: