cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video has arrived

I just saw this. I assume it was released earlier today. Have any of you tried it yet?

video.png

As it's exclusive to the horrible "unified" listing tool I don't plan on exploring it any time soon.

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques and @valueaddedresource, I think you two have been waiting for this feature so I'm tagging you.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Video has arrived

Thanks for the tag @wastingtime101  - I'll check it out!

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Video has arrived

@wastingtime101  Thanks for the tag! This should be interesting!

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Video has arrived

Just went to revise a listing. I'm guessing this is still being rolled out, I don't seem to have it. Maybe I need to clean my cache or something LOL

Hopefully, valueadded has it....

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Video has arrived

If that little monster pops up when I clean my cache, my cache will remain dirty and not picked up. 🤢

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Video has arrived

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Just went to revise a listing. I'm guessing this is still being rolled out, I don't seem to have it. Maybe I need to clean my cache or something LOL

Hopefully, valueadded has it....

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques unfortunately not yet.  Guessing it's a phased roll out but hopefully it will be quick like the store updates a while back that only took a few hours to show up. 🤞

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Video has arrived

Yeah, I guess it's a phased roll out. I have it on one account but not the other.

This is what it looks like - you add videos to the photo section.

video.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Video has arrived

@wastingtime101  Thanks! The big question: do we get 12 photos AND a video, or 11 photos and our choice of Photo #12 OR a Video?

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Video has arrived

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Yeah, I guess it's a phased roll out. I have it on one account but not the other.

This is what it looks like - you add videos to the photo section.

video.png

Do not have access to it yet either - neither account. 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Video has arrived

I had it pop up yesterday when I did some "Sell similar" relists of ended items.  No use for it so it will be ignored like other eBay garbage.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Video has arrived

I messed around with this and you get 12 photos and 1 video.

I would like to know tyler@ebay - it says "under review" immediately after uploading the video. Does that mean it's under review even if you don't publish the listing? Is the video out there on the eBay servers even though I deleted it from the draft then deleted the draft?

I know the eBay tech specs say that a video takes 48 hours to review or up to 7 days to review during busy times, but does the video get submitted for review at the time of upload or at the time you publish the listing?

video+photos.png

GLORIOUS!

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Video has arrived

@wastingtime101 wrote:

I messed around with this and you get 12 photos and 1 video.

I would like to know tyler@ebay - it says "under review" immediately after uploading the video. Does that mean it's under review even if you don't publish the listing? Is the video out there on the eBay servers even though I deleted it from the draft then deleted the draft?

I know the eBay tech specs say that a video takes 48 hours to review or up to 7 days to review during busy times, but does the video get submitted for review at the time of upload or at the time you publish the listing?

video+photos.png

Hi @wastingtime101 - I'll see what I can find out!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Video has arrived

@wastingtime101 Thanks...12 photos AND 1 video....that's a relief, glad to hear it.

I know Tyler is trying to get the answer to your question, but I think the way the store video works is ebay doesn't vet it until you "publish" it....and then the video is indeed out there, but subject to ebay rejecting it. If it is approved, it will simply show up live once the approval has gone through. (In the case of store videos, usually within minutes in my experience, but I think they also mention a 48 hours or more time frame)

So, my GUESS is, if you didn't actually "publish" this, ebay is not vetting it. But I'm just guessing.

tyler@ebay  Could you check one other thing?  What is the fate of my current, non-ebay hosted videos? I have clickable thumbnail links to my YouTube videos in some listings (as permitted by ebay rules)....but I'm wondering whether these links will still work, once the ebay hosted video feature has fully rolled out? 

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Video has arrived

I thought this was interesting from the ebay help page on videos:

Tips for creating effective videos
You can use your product video to show off your item's benefits, unique features or even answer frequently asked questions in new ways. Here are a few ideas to inspire your own videos:

Product instructions/ how-to videos
Installation guides (such as for Parts & Accessories)
DIY videos (for example, a woodwork project using a power tool or a recipe using a kitchen appliance)
Unboxing videos
Videos that clarify the item condition (for example, showing any scuffs, nicks, or tears)
Your product videos can influence, clarify, and provide extra information for your buyers, but be sure to still include a detailed item description and accurate photos on your listings.

I've usually used video to show something functioning, like a music box. But obviously there are other uses as well.

Any thoughts on other ways to use videos from my fellow boardies?

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Video has arrived

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@wastingtime101 Thanks...12 photos AND 1 video....that's a relief, glad to hear it.

I know Tyler is trying to get the answer to your question, but I think the way the store video works is ebay doesn't vet it until you "publish" it....and then the video is indeed out there, but subject to ebay rejecting it. If it is approved, it will simply show up live once the approval has gone through. (In the case of store videos, usually within minutes in my experience, but I think they also mention a 48 hours or more time frame)

So, my GUESS is, if you didn't actually "publish" this, ebay is not vetting it. But I'm just guessing.

tyler@ebay  Could you check one other thing?  What is the fate of my current, non-ebay hosted videos? I have clickable thumbnail links to my YouTube videos in some listings (as permitted by ebay rules)....but I'm wondering whether these links will still work, once the ebay hosted video feature has fully rolled out? 

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - I haven't heard back yet, and I will make sure that this question is also addressed. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 31
latest reply