cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Jan 31st @ 1pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

Join us today at 1 PM Pacific time to discuss your general buying and selling questions. This week tyler@ebaybrian@ebay and myself will be detained for the first half of the chat, but rest assured we will join as soon as possible. All questions will be reviewed and while the chat will close at the normal time (2 PM Pacific Time), we will continue to work on responses after that point.

Looking forward to hearing from everybody!

Message 1 of 123
latest reply
122 REPLIES 122

HI, Alan:  Just want to mention that there seems to be issues going on with tracking.   The delivery timeframe estimates appear to be correct on listings, but the actual tracking seems to be overly optimistic, LOL!  My purchases have been coming late according to tracking but not according to the estimated delivery timeframe.  I have read where a seller has been negged for this.   I think you are already aware of this, but just in case!

Thank you, Alan.

Message 16 of 123
latest reply

wrote:

Ebay CEO statement at Davos

https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news/ebay-at-davos-2018/

at 1:50 one of the panelists mentions Amazon and in Wenig's reply was this statement

"In the US a package is delivered average in 2 days, for ebay"

So when He says average, you take all the mail sellers send  via  Ups FedEX and Usps and other services and compute the average.

I use USPS and those deliveries are Express, first class, Priority, Parcel Select, Media Mail etc.

Can anyone from ebay  tell us where he is getting his numbers from as I don't believe the statement 

I myself had a priority post do circles for four days before it was delivered. Hard to meet targets that way. 

Message 17 of 123
latest reply

Thanks @vrykalak, good call-out. I see how this could be confusing. We'll pass this on for review.

wrote:

I think I know why people are leaving feedback in the reviews section.
I forgot to leave feedback for one of my purchases, and got an email from eBay asking for a REVIEW. Should chg that email, to mention a review, but ask for feedback (and give the link to the feedback page).

Message 18 of 123
latest reply

Thank you Mam. Your customers must love you too. 🙂
Message 19 of 123
latest reply

wrote:

In the past 2 weeks, first the item Listing Confirmation emails disappeared.  Then the Unsold Items emails disappeared.

Is this a planned change, or a glitch?

Any plans to announce it as an intentional change, or to fix if it's a glitch?

Hi @muttlymob

First I've heard of this. Have there been other reports in the Community? Also, have you reviewed your spam filters, maybe the emails are not making it to your inbox due to changes made by your email provider? 

Let me know! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 20 of 123
latest reply

Oh, I do want to send kudos for the FedEx divisor getting pushed back to 166, every little bit helps.

We just need the calculators fixed.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 21 of 123
latest reply

wrote:

A second question if I may. I decided to accept the reduced price offer of upgrading my store. I prefer an annual billing, however it's not very clear how I will be billed. Just a tad confusing. Can I get some clarification how this upgrade is going to be billed in my case?

Thanks so much.

Hi @odditiesandantiquities1

I'm happy to look into this for you. Please PM me with the details of your offer, and I'll check with our Billing team. 

Thanks! 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 22 of 123
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

A second question if I may. I decided to accept the reduced price offer of upgrading my store. I prefer an annual billing, however it's not very clear how I will be billed. Just a tad confusing. Can I get some clarification how this upgrade is going to be billed in my case?

Thanks so much.

Hi @odditiesandantiquities1

I'm happy to look into this for you. Please PM me with the details of your offer, and I'll check with our Billing team. 

Thanks! 

I will Alan. Thank you. Seemed like an awfully good deal.

Message 23 of 123
latest reply

wrote:

Banning selling of items with Cuba in the title.

eBay doesn't seem to understand that the items I have were NOT made in Cuba.
They are US-made postal cards for use by US personnel in Cuba while the US still had control right after the Spanish-American War (1899).

This is before the embargo was enforced.

If you use the word Cuba when selling eBay stomps on you -- hard.

BTW this is the first time here for me.

I don't know if I posted correctly.

This reminds me of the problem listing jewelry from Native American or African sources.
First, I was forbidden to use the appropriate category for such items. 
...unless I had a certificate from the creator, saying that it was made by someone of that ethnicity
(which I never did, because I bought them at a pow-wow or while visiting the country).

A few years later, I was forbidden to say Native American, African, or Tribal in the title.
A couple of years ago, I was also forbidden to use any of those words in the description.

How in heck is a buyer going to find ethnic jewelry I have for sale if I can't say that's what it is?!?

Message 24 of 123
latest reply

wrote:
Thank you Mam. Your customers must love you too. 🙂

You are kind.  I don't know about the "love" part, but at least they seem happy !!  LOL

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 25 of 123
latest reply

@re: Community Chat, Jan 24th @ 1pm PT - General Topics
in reply to 01-24-2018 01:57:00 PM
brian.t@ebay

@mallontown wrote:

On the sell your item page there is a radio checkbox for international visibility.

When I click on it it shows only UK as a choice and If I choose it shows a .50 charge.

I did not choose it.

I logged into eBay UK to see my listing and there are there and show my items converted pricing in  UK pound cost.

So what exactly is the .50 charge for as I already show my items as being listed on the UK site?

Is ebays "Monetization team" (a Griff joke , I'm hoping) charging sellers extra for something they get for free anyway?

ebay charge of .50 for international site visibility.JPGIf you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful. If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click "Accept as Solution."

Hi @mallontown, while this feature is useful, it's not required for your listings to be visible on international sites. The International Site Visibility option lets the listing show above the fold in search results. With that said, if you offer international shipping on your listings then they will show up on international sites. 

please explain what you mean by above the fold. My listing are showing on UK site without any "fold"  and I did not pay extra for them to show

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 26 of 123
latest reply

1. I would like to raise my concern that for the past two months eBay knew about the problem with ship by date glitch. Instead of next day shipping by eBay system show up randomly for some items two days handling instead of one day. After several calls to dedicated support, they start to confirm it and there is no resolution for this situation. I wouldn't even bother to bring your attention to it if it wouldn't be tied to other serious problem: wrong GD days for those items. If you on eBay can't project correct shipping day then the delivery day will be later and instead of getting more sales we are getting fewer sales. Nobody now days wants to wait more than a week for First Class delivery while shipping partner shows up estimated deliver two-three days earlier then eBay. We lost a lot of sales last week before Christmas because of it. It was feeling that problem was with USPS holiday closing and now it is definitely has nothing to do with wrong USPS calendar for holidays.

2. There is another problem with GD when all items are located in the same location and have the same shipping services in the listing and few of them (like 14-17) show up with 3 days delivery and rest 2000 show up only with 4 days. Again, dedicated support promise to get back with somebody in charge for GD and nothing is done.

With two glitches like this, we have no additional help and support from GD. Would eBay like us to drop this program or it is possible to get it fix?

Message 27 of 123
latest reply

wrote:

Banning selling of items with Cuba in the title.

eBay doesn't seem to understand that the items I have were NOT made in Cuba.
They are US-made postal cards for use by US personnel in Cuba while the US still had control right after the Spanish-American War (1899).

This is before the embargo was enforced.

If you use the word Cuba when selling eBay stomps on you -- hard.

BTW this is the first time here for me.

I don't know if I posted correctly.

Hi @daveroo

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us. 

Sounds like an issue with our filters that we can look into adjusting. I'll PM you to get more information on the items you were attempting to list. Keep an eye on your Community Private Messages. 

Thanks. 

Message 29 of 123
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

In the past 2 weeks, first the item Listing Confirmation emails disappeared.  Then the Unsold Items emails disappeared.

Is this a planned change, or a glitch?

Any plans to announce it as an intentional change, or to fix if it's a glitch?

Hi @muttlymob

First I've heard of this. Have there been other reports in the Community? Also, have you reviewed your spam filters, maybe the emails are not making it to your inbox due to changes made by your email provider? 

Let me know! 

I can confirm that there have been threads on this.

Message 30 of 123
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: