cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, April 22 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join the Community team here at 1 PM PT on April 22nd for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so please bring any general questions you may have about buying or selling.

The chat will be open for questions from 1-2 pm PT, at which point we'll close thread from additional responses. After this time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

If you're new to the chat, welcome! Simply Reply to this post with your question from 1-2 PM Pacific Time and we'll be happy to look into it for you.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 83
latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

Anonymous
Not applicable

Afternoon everyone, the chat is now open for replies!

Message 2 of 83
latest reply

Question:
Why non-sport stickers don't have category with variations (like sport stickers do)?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Why-non-sport-stickers-don-t-have-category-with-variations-lik...
Message 3 of 83
latest reply

Waiting for eBay to approve all sales of cloth face masks. As of today, all citizens in my area are required to wear a mask out in public.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 83
latest reply

I have a question about a return that I have. I approved this return and then a tracking number was added by the buyer and says USPS. Checking this tracking number, the USPS has no info about this and states that it may not be a correct number, but eBay says it is in transit. How can this be in transit if USPS has no info about it?

Message 5 of 83
latest reply

Alan,

I just wanted to express one more time that I am very saddened to learn that today is your last day, but I am excited for you and your family on your new adventure.  I hope it is all you desire it to be.  I wish you nothing but good luck, success and for all of you to stay healthy.  I know that is kind of corny but it is true nonetheless. 

You will be missed !!!!!

🍷 wine_glass

PS.  These emojis are still so small!!!  LOL

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 83
latest reply

Is there some option for reporting potential buyers for policy violations?

I had a brand new account user pass on their email address via the eBay message system for additional photos and then they attempted to circumvent eBay via that email.

I know there is a way to report buyers once you are in a transaction with them, I can't find a way to do it outside of that.

Message 7 of 83
latest reply

If someone makes an offer on a GTC listing that's "ending" in 2 hours, do I only have 2 hours to respond? Or the full 24 or 48 hours, since the listing doesn't really end.

Message 8 of 83
latest reply

I understand that eBay currently has no intent to expanding the number of people we can block. That being said why is the number so low considering how many active users there are on the site now? This is one of the most important tools sellers have to try to protect themselves from bad buyers.
Message 9 of 83
latest reply

@shipscript wrote:

Waiting for eBay to approve all sales of cloth face masks. As of today, all citizens in my area are required to wear a mask out in public.

Hi @shipscript - there's no current announcement regarding handmade cloth masks that I can share.  Thanks! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 83
latest reply

@lazar-srb wrote:
Question:
Why non-sport stickers don't have category with variations (like sport stickers do)?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Why-non-sport-stickers-don-t-have-category-with-variations-lik...

Hi @lazar-srb, we frequently review categories and make adjustments as needed. This includes adding the variation option. I'm happy to pass along your feedback to see if this can be included in that category!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 11 of 83
latest reply

Still seeing that bug where eBay's system is randomly marking and unmarking things as shipped. I am up to four instances of it happening now. Hopefully it can be addressed with the many other bugs sellers are running into at the moment.
Message 12 of 83
latest reply

Lost my internet connection for most of 5 days, Friday morning thru Tuesday evening. And, due to the current situation, libraries and other places I might have gone to log in are closed. So
- didn't get notice of a sale on Sunday (still haven't--no emails Sat-Mon)
- couldn't get the info to ship Thursday sales, or print labels
Can I get any relief from the defects caused by the late shipping?

Message 13 of 83
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:
I understand that eBay currently has no intent to expanding the number of people we can block. That being said why is the number so low considering how many active users there are on the site now? This is one of the most important tools sellers have to try to protect themselves from bad buyers.

5,000 is low?  How many do you think you think you need?  I've been here over 20 years and I am no where near 5,000 blocked buyers.

BTW you can clean up your blocked bidder list to free up some space if you need it.  Go to your BBL, scroll down to the end of the list of buyers you have on your BBL.  Any of them with the extension of @deleted, you could delete as they are NARU'd.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 83
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@greg213213 wrote:

I have a question about a return that I have. I approved this return and then a tracking number was added by the buyer and says USPS. Checking this tracking number, the USPS has no info about this and states that it may not be a correct number, but eBay says it is in transit. How can this be in transit if USPS has no info about it?

Hi @greg213213, this may be a shipment that is partnering with UPS, as some locations do not have USPS services so USPS contracts with UPS to retrieve and deliver the package to USPS. We wouldn't be able to say for certain, but you can contact Customer Service to have this reviewed for confirmation. Either way, we would not expect a refund until the item is delivered to you successfully.

Message 15 of 83
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: