cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, April 17 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone slight smile

Join us here at 1 PM PT on Wednesday, April 17 for the Weekly Community Chat with eBay Staff. There is no set topic this week, so bring your general eBay buying and selling questions to discuss. 

See you this afternoon!

Message 1 of 99
latest reply
98 REPLIES 98

Re: Community Chat, April 17 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

A huge Thank You to brian@ebay  for spending the last week looking into my tracking problem and for being so patient with me while I’ve been back and forth to the doctors. I’ve been very slow to reply to him but I do appreciate all his hard work.

It looks like it was my dumb error with the tracking but that’s ok. A lesson learned. 😀

I hope Ebay realizes they have some very good employees over there.

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 16 of 99
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

And before I start any rants I want to add kudos to the group that updated the Orders report to include Sales Tax columns, one for EBay collected and one for seller collected.  I'm a frequent critic of the IT dev team in general and wanted to make sure I acknowledged a job done well.

Thanks for the compliment @dtexley3! I'll pass it on and try to make sure it doesn't make anyone's head too large. 😉 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 99
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@forgottenape wrote:

Why are cs reps allowed to escalate cases when its not warranted? Buyer opens a return for size yesterday auto accepted and label sent by ebay. Buyer informs me she doesnt know how to print label. I inform her I cant resend it to her as a seller I dont even get the tracking number now. I tell her to call cs and see if they can resend it to her in a form she can print.

Today I get a flurry of emails return has closed and has been escalated to a not as described case and that I should just refund so that it doesnt affect my metrics. Then I get a message saying they have put a hold on my case upon further review.

I call cs a bit angry and a lot confused. Cs turns me over to the original cs agent that handled it. She informs me the case is buyers remorse and that I wont have to pay for the postage. Now im really confused I have free returns for any reason. She tries to explain but it becomes even more confusing but she tells me not to worry.

I really dont have a clue whats happened case no longer shows up anywhere. I dont know if the item is still coming back or whose paying for postage. Im not sure if at this point I should contact the buyer I dont want to escalate the issue with her anymore buti dont want her to think I had anything to do with it.

Simple policy gone horribly wrong

Hi @forgottenape, it sounds like you ran into the uncommon but standard practice for us of stepping in on a return when a buyer is having difficulty printing a return shipping label. When I checked this return, it has been actioned in a way that will not record a defect on your account and a refund should be issued once the item is returned to you, as it normally would be. Though I understand you have concerns with eBay being asked to step in, the way that we have taken action ensures no negative impact will be recorded on your account while also helping the buyer to get this resolved promptly. I apologize that there was some confusion about you providing a label, as that email should not have been sent to you. Coaching has already been provided to the agent that sent that email and at this time, you just need to wait for the buyer to return the package to you.

You can view this return from the resolution center (here), which can be found by clicking on Cases within the Orders section of Seller Hub.

Message 18 of 99
latest reply

Thanks alan.
Message 19 of 99
latest reply

Tyler, Thanks, and just to be clear. I'm also asking in what context do the auto relists occur? I gather there are two different contexts:

1. When using the Simple form (but not the Advanced form) on a PC.

2. When using the Mobile App, regardless of whether the seller is a "business seller" or "non business seller"

Can you confirm if this is correct?
Message 20 of 99
latest reply

thank you.

was it correct in this case to send the buyer to cs or is there some other solution I should jot down?

Message 21 of 99
latest reply

Any hope that since GTC has thrown many sellers off their normal listing game that ebay may drop the requirement for auction store listings be in certain categories to qualify without extra fees?  Also the extra fee for BIN on auctions makes the store less appealing.

Message 22 of 99
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

Has eBay staff been able to coordinate with the eBay managed payments team to do a weekly chat yet?  Many sellers are discussing eBay managed payments and we asked about a month ago for this opportunity to talk to this team.

Thanks

Hi @goodluckselling

No luck so far. I'll check in and see if we can get them on soon.

Feel free to tag the Community Team on threads where there are open questions regarding managed payments. 

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 23 of 99
latest reply

Just for some clarity for myself, how many listing forms does Ebay have?

I thought there was the QLT [quick list tool] and ALF [advanced listing form].

But I see things referred to the non Business form, the mobile app form, etc.

Are the Non business form and the Mobile App form the same as the QLT?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 24 of 99
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

Has eBay staff been able to coordinate with the eBay managed payments team to do a weekly chat yet?  Many sellers are discussing eBay managed payments and we asked about a month ago for this opportunity to talk to this team.

Thanks

Hi @goodluckselling

Feel free to tag the Community Team on threads where there are open questions regarding managed payments. 

Thanks. 

This would be great as I've been invited into the program but I have questions and concerns I need addressed before I make that leap.  It is fantastic that PP is now being added to the program, but still there are questions before I'm comfortable in signing up.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 25 of 99
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eden-7010 wrote:

Hello all

I have been having conversations with the call center for over 2 months now in an attempt to get a purchase that was refunded credited back to (any) account. The original purchase was made with an Ebay gift card (I still have the card) that was added through Paypal. The attempted refund also routed through Paypal, and I have a transaction ID # that shows that Paypal forwarded the funds on to Ebay, but the funds never got credited back to the Ebay gift card.

I have any/all info available including transaction ID #s, dates, dates of calls and the call center reps’ alias. I have now spoken to more than 8 different people on varying teams over the 2 months we’ve been dealing with this issue and I’ve yet to receive any resolution. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Original post: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/issues-having-refund-credited-to-gift-card/m-p/29709021#M14030...

Hi @eden-7010, I will email you after the chat today to get more details from you and work on a solution for your Gift Card issue. Keep an eye out for an email to the address on file later this afternoon!

Message 26 of 99
latest reply

Next.  The IOS App erases the handling charge on a draft when you edit.  I use my iPad for most of my photos.  Research and build the draft on the PC for several items.  Setup and use the iPad to take the photos.  Now instead of listing the item I have to go back to the PC and fix the handling charges.

I've posted this a couple times in the app forum over the last few months and found other posts from up to a year ago regarding the issue.  Can someone push this high enough up there that this simple fix be done?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 27 of 99
latest reply

@micsett-99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good afternoon everyone,

The chat is now open for replies! slight_smile

Hi

How is ebay going to address the fact that this GTC cancelled change over appears to be devasting to the sales of a ton of sellers on here..

When I go on the boards here, every other post is about how horrible this is, and how its killing everyone's sales and businesses..

Wasn't this pitched to us as way to create "better sales velocity"?  It definitely is not doing that, and is having the opposite effect for sellers who sell "one off" items, and don't have "long tail" inventory which GTC was designed for..

Is ebay planning to listen to its sellers here and make some kind of correction here to this policy?  I'm very curious to know..

Thanks

Hi @micsett-99 - we believe that the move to Good 'Til Cancelled will bring better exposure and increase external search engine traffic. There is no plan at this time to change it. 

We pass on feedback and input on changes like this weekly, and I can tell you that we've included the concerns and frustrations members have shared with us on this shift.

Ultimately we want your items to be found and sell - and we feel confident this is the best way to get the most exposure for your items. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 28 of 99
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

Thanks

Hi @goodluckselling

Thanks. 

Thanks for the reply.  Sellers are discussing eBay managed payments and the pro and con areas, I want to try and get some clarification in a few areas. The following info is found in your https://pages.ebay.com/payment/2.0/terms.html last updated in Nov 2018

Can eBay staff help us understand this area better?

Credits - In some circumstances, you might be eligible for a payments processing fee or chargeback fee credit in accordance with eBay's policies and procedures. To qualify for a payments processing fee credit, you must refund a buyer in resolution of a refund, return or cancellation request regarding the transaction that was the subject of the payments processing fee, and we need to receive reimbursement for the costs we incurred in connection with the processing of the initial transaction payment.

1. if you go through the resolution center and issue refunds for returns or cancellations you may qualify for a payment processing fees credit,
2. and as long as eBay can recover their cost in connection with the initial payment.

Does the terms of use mean that moving forward with eBay managed payments that in order to receive a credit on processing fees when refunds and or returns happen that both of these instance above need to be met?

Also I have a question about this area as well

Chargeback Fees - Upon the conclusion of a chargeback investigation and/or re-presentment that results in a seller being found responsible for the chargeback amounts, we charge a $20 chargeback fee, excluding any applicable sales tax, for each chargeback. Sellers may appeal the chargeback fee within 30 days from when we invoice the chargeback fee if they believe that they have been charged in error.

Farther down in this terms of use document you are saying "You agree to provide timely information to assist in our chargeback investigations"

Could eBay staff help us understand the basic scenario's of how sellers can help in your investigation? Keep in mind this is part of the terms of use for managed payments area of this document.

Thanks

Message 29 of 99
latest reply

Any idea what percentage of ebay listings are fixed price GTC versus auctions?

Message 30 of 99
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: