cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Jan 16 from 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Join us today for our weekly Chat with the Community Team. We will be discussing general topics from 1 to 2 pm Pacific on Jan. 16th. Looking forward to hearing your eBay buying or selling questions slight_smile

Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon everyone! The chat is now open for replies slight_smile

Message 2 of 76
latest reply

Hey guys,

I'm experiencing 4 different issues with Promoted Listings.

Issue 1:
When I relist (not sell similar) a promoted listing, the listing form acts weird. Sometimes it shows my previously used rate and campaign. Other times it shows the trending rate. I would like it to default to my previous rate.

When I sell similar it always defaults to the trending rate. I would prefer that it default to my previously used rate.

Issue 2:
When I relist (not sell similar) a promoted listing, I set the rate on the listing form and submit the listing... but when I check my active listings, anything that was relisted is not promoted even though I set the promotional rate before submitting it and there was no error message.

Issue 3:
Other times when I relist or sell similar, the campaign box is greyed out on the listing form.
 PL2.jpg

It's not until after the listing is live that I can go in to edit to select a campaign and rate.
 PL3.jpg

Issue 4:
I keep getting the below error message when I list. This happens with new listings, sell similar, and relist. This issue was intermittent at first but it's been happening more often lately.

PL1.jpg

All of these issues are a huge time-waster since I have to go in one-by-one and re-set promotional rates. Within the promotions dashboard there is no way to edit a campaign (the way you can with a regular promotion) and select items to add in bulk.
Message 3 of 76
latest reply

Hi all

Heres a small general question for a planned upcoming vacation. Anyway to delay the two day return policy when we are on a vacation for five days? The store will be on hold but Im just trying to avoid cases and issues for buyers. 

Thanks 

Message 4 of 76
latest reply

Let me start off with, I am in Hawaii.

My shop has 561 listings. When I open my storefront, it shows 413 listings. I have to then go to one of my listings, click on "Shipping and Payments", change the zip code to a mainland zip code (instead of my Hawaii zip).

Then go BACK to my store front, refresh, and all of my items show up.

Hawaii is not international.

Will this ever be fixed? I have been forced to do this for years when making purchases as well. I have to click on an item in my search, change the zip code in one of the listings, go back to the search and refresh in order to see all of that item that are actually available to me.

Cece
My Jewels
Message 5 of 76
latest reply

With the new USPS rates there is no longer a price difference between Commercial Base and Commercial Plus. Will eBay offer a discount to sellers who qualify for CommPlus that will be a cost-savings over the USPS published rates?

That is was one of the perks of being a TRS and it would be a good way eBay could draw back shipping label business that has been taken to 3rd party shipping programs.

Message 6 of 76
latest reply

Hi Trinton!

I love the new Volume Pricing feature in Seller Hub, and would like to recommend the option to add Volume Pricing discounts to listings by KEYWORD.  

When you go to Seller Hub, and click Marketing --> Promotions --> Create a Promotion ---> Volume Pricing,
we're given four options to create a bulk volume pricing offer: by SKU, item ID, eBay category, or all inventory. 

Currently there is no option to select listings for the promotion by KEYWORD.  

For example, I sell auto parts and I'd like for all of my items with the keyword "Fuse", or "Light Bulb" in the title for the volume discount pricing to apply.  Instead of taking the time to round up all the item numbers from every fuse or light bulb in my inventory, it sure would be quicker to select all listings with those particular keywords and then apply the desired tiered pricing discounts. 

Another way to go about this is the fact that within seller hub there's a button under the Listings tab that says, "Sell it Faster", to create promoted listings.

How about if creating another button right next to the "Sell it Faster" button that says "Sell with Volume Pricing".  That way, sellers can pull up listings by keyword, and then apply tiered pricing to those listings.

Thank you!
Message 7 of 76
latest reply

@beardedbovine wrote:

With the new USPS rates there is no longer a price difference between Commercial Base and Commercial Plus. Will eBay offer a discount to sellers who qualify for CommPlus that will be a cost-savings over the USPS published rates?

That is was one of the perks of being a TRS and it would be a good way eBay could draw back shipping label business that has been taken to 3rd party shipping programs.

USPS did away with the Commercial Plus rates and now offers just the Commercial Base rates.  Ebay can't offer a rate that doesn't exist.  I am with you, I sure wish they could.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 76
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hawaiibeads wrote:

Let me start off with, I am in Hawaii.

My shop has 561 listings. When I open my storefront, it shows 413 listings. I have to then go to one of my listings, click on "Shipping and Payments", change the zip code to a mainland zip code (instead of my Hawaii zip).

Then go BACK to my store front, refresh, and all of my items show up.

Hawaii is not international.

Will this ever be fixed? I have been forced to do this for years when making purchases as well. I have to click on an item in my search, change the zip code in one of the listings, go back to the search and refresh in order to see all of that item that are actually available to me.

Hi @hawaiibeads, we are aware of this issue and it is being investigated by our tech teams currently for a fix. I'll be sure to pass along your account as an example and appreciate your patience while we work to get this resolved.

Message 9 of 76
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@globalautodistributors wrote:

Hi Trinton!

I love the new Volume Pricing feature in Seller Hub, and would like to recommend the option to add Volume Pricing discounts to listings by KEYWORD.  

When you go to Seller Hub, and click Marketing --> Promotions --> Create a Promotion ---> Volume Pricing,
we're given four options to create a bulk volume pricing offer: by SKU, item ID, eBay category, or all inventory. 

Currently there is no option to select listings for the promotion by KEYWORD.  

For example, I sell auto parts and I'd like for all of my items with the keyword "Fuse", or "Light Bulb" in the title for the volume discount pricing to apply.  Instead of taking the time to round up all the item numbers from every fuse or light bulb in my inventory, it sure would be quicker to select all listings with those particular keywords and then apply the desired tiered pricing discounts. 

Another way to go about this is the fact that within seller hub there's a button under the Listings tab that says, "Sell it Faster", to create promoted listings.

How about if creating another button right next to the "Sell it Faster" button that says "Sell with Volume Pricing".  That way, sellers can pull up listings by keyword, and then apply tiered pricing to those listings.

Thank you!

Hi @globalautodistributors, this is a great suggestion! I will get this over to the appropriate team for review. Thanks for sharing examples slight_smile

Message 10 of 76
latest reply

@selecttech wrote:

Hi all

Heres a small general question for a planned upcoming vacation. Anyway to delay the two day return policy when we are on a vacation for five days? The store will be on hold but Im just trying to avoid cases and issues for buyers. 

Thanks 

Hi @selecttech - happy upcoming vacation!

Can you get me a bit more clarification on what you mean when you say 'two day return policy'? Are you referring to the time to issue a refund on returned items?

You can definitely alter your return policy for the duration of time while you are gone, but that would only impact items sold during that time.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 76
latest reply

Great minds think alike - I was coming to post that exact problem with the promoted listings. I was wondering if there is a set amt of listings that can be promoted in each category or if there is a limit on how many promoted listings a seller can have and that is why I get the message that my listing can't be promoted at this time.

Message 12 of 76
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@selecttech wrote:

Hi all

Thanks 

Hi @selecttech - happy upcoming vacation!

Can you get me a bit more clarification on what you mean when you say 'two day return policy'? Are you referring to the time to issue a refund on returned items?

You can definitely alter your return policy for the duration of time while you are gone, but that would only impact items sold during that time.

I think they mean if the buyer opens a Request for Return while the seller is away on vaca, the seller is given a specific amount of time to reply or it the buyer can escalate the case.  If we are on a week long vaca, chances are a claim could be filed and auto refunded to the buyer without the seller even knowing the case existed in the first place.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 76
latest reply

Regarding tires....

I was browsing the listings yesterday and came across item

Looking at the pictures I saw something that startled me. A DOT born on date reading 20 04. For those who dont know this means the tires are born on the 20th month of 2004.

This seller is listing 15 year old tires for the price of $387. Ok you may think thats no problem. Tire manufacturers state tires over 6 years old should be replaced. Most tire manufacturers say that tires stored "correctly" last a maximum of 10 years, after 10 years they are UNSAFE. This seller is asking almost $400 for 15 year old tires. IF they some how sold them and then someone puts them on their vehicle without a tire installer seeing that they are 15 years old, throws them on a 4000lb vehicle, loads up their family and hits the highway at 70+ mph on tires that could blow out at any moment and possibly cause a major accident or fatality.

Ebay should have a section added where anyone selling tires needs to enter a manufacturer DOT born on date, its on every sidewall of every tire. Just like needing a VIN when listing a car forsale. These $387 tires are worthless unless they get put on a show car for a period correct tire, it should be listed that they are not for street use since they are over the maximum limit of 10 years. I think this needs to be addressed immediately because Ebay should not be supporting or allowing someone to benefit from selling an item like this and in all reality they should not be able to list it. Its a major safety hazard in the world we live in and the speeds our vehicles travel. I really would like to see some action taken in regards to this. I spoke to the seller and they think its 100% fine to sell these tires because they are backed by a warranty if one fails, and they hold air. Noone should even have the option to put 15 year old tires on a vehicle weather they are $380 or $15. At the very least there needs to be a warning on the auction that states the tires are over the 10 year maximum age and should not be used for street use. The seller should be required to post a picture of the DOT date as one picture in the auction. If over 10 years old they should be required to list that they are not for street use. I do not want a car traveling next to me with 15yr old tires installed just as much as I do not want them on my vehicle. Im sure you wouldnt want that as well if your family is on the highway. Its an accident waiting to happen.

Please get this post to everyone who needs to be involved to make this change. I dont beleive this has been brought to anyones attention. Sorry for the long post, but I believe Ebay needs to be made aware of it and make the nessecary changes to protect buyers.

Message 14 of 76
latest reply

I live in Washington state and ebay is now the marketplace that is now collecting state taxes for me (thank you)

I have a couple of questions.

1.  When I pay fees with paypal, it is for the total amount collected.  Is that including the sales tax collected from ebay?

2.  Will we get any report from ebay showing when tax is collected?  (monthly would be nice)

3.  Would ebay please consider tax exempt for resale purchases if/when the buyer provides their state tax business ID?  I can do this on Amazon, just saying....  I do buy some items for resale on ebay and it would be nice to be able to not pay taxes on those items.

4. Is there a statement or agreement that I can refer to when it comes to the new tax process?  It just seems a little uncomfortable to rely on ebay when I have been collecting and remitting sales tax to my state for years.  A statement that I can refer to would be nice.

5.  Some states (your home office California for example) will make you start collecting tax if you go over certain sales dollars or transactions.  Is this information available on ebay somewhere?  Without going through my transactions one by one o, r playing with excel, which I dearly would love to avoid is there a way that ebay can give a report as to where/how many transactions we have had per state in a calendar year?    Is ebay reporting this information state by state, seller by seller?   

I guess what I want overall is more ability to process these reports in seller hub, on ebay.  Is that in the works?

Thank you.

Message 15 of 76
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: