cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"There is an active offer for this buyer or limit of offers was reached." error

tyler@ebay 

I am repeatedly getting the error "There is an active offer for this buyer or limit of offers was reached." when trying to send offers to buyers when trying to use the "send offer" feature to reply to a buyer on PC, send offer works fine on the ios app still.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: "There is an active offer for this buyer or limit of offers was reached." error

@coinslabz26 Thanks so much for the examples, I have sent this to our tech team for review! If they get back to me I'll let you know, I'm hopeful they will just resolve the issue and you won't have to deal with this going forward.

Jasmen,
Community Team

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: "There is an active offer for this buyer or limit of offers was reached." error

I am also getting this error even though I have no active offers to anyone.  Not sure how long this is going to go on.  When I get a request for an expired offer and can't send a "send offer", I have been reducing the price for the buyer for the offer price.  Sellers should be able to send an offer at anytime.  Please fix this Tech Team.

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

jasmen@ebay 

In the weekly staff chat thread you asked me to make a topic about the "There is an active offer for this buyer or limit of offers was reached." error. I already had one and it did not receive any replies. This issue is still ongoing and is as described above. Thank you!

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

@coinslabz26 thanks for tagging me in the original post, I do still need some specifics to escalate this further. 

• what steps are you taking to get this error message specifically
  • is this only happening on the desktop version of eBay
  • any screenshots of the error are also helpful for reporting

thanks! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

jasmen@ebay 

These are items where I potentially sent offers to watchers but those offers have since expired and there are currently no pending offers, and this happens frequently. When I get the old messenger it works fine. When it uses the new messenger it does not work. This is firefox browser on windows 10. IOS app works fine and offers send even when I have the error. The problem with the IOS app is that ebay only allows offers 5% or more over asking price. Often though a buyer will send me an offer that is below the 5% threshold preventing me from sending the offer in the app.

error1.jpgerror2.jpg

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

@coinslabz26 Thanks so much for the examples, I have sent this to our tech team for review! If they get back to me I'll let you know, I'm hopeful they will just resolve the issue and you won't have to deal with this going forward.

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

I have experienced the same problem today. 

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

jasmen@ebay 

Please note that this problem is still unresolved and it is putting a large amount of friction into the sales process. This is an essential tool that is badly needed to ensure a great experience for our buyers. Without this feature there are loads of unnecessary hoops to jump though that is undoubtedly frustrating to our customers.

If the appropriate team is not able to find the issue they should look into the possibility that offers to watchers still show up under "send offers sent" long after they have actually expired making the system think erroneously that a pending offer exists.

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

Hey @coinslabz26 so sorry to hear you're still running into this! Do you have a more recent screenshot with the error message so I can send that over? Thanks in advance! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

jasmen@ebay 

Please see the screenshots posted earlier in this thread. The posted screenshots show exactly the same error I am still getting.

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

@coinslabz26 I understand, but the more current screenshot with the new item number can help the tech team further investigate. Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

jasmen@ebay 

This error is still happening ever since the new messenger. Please let the tech team know that this error happens when a seller sends an offer to watcher and the offer expires. Then the buyer messages days or weeks after asking if I could resend the offer because it expired or wants it for a lower price then the original offer where I still have the room. I click reply with offer from the email with the new messenger. Trying to send the offer again generates this error in firefox but sends perfectly on the app.

IOS app is not effected by this error but is effected by a different error that requires the offer be 5% less then the buy it now, even if the buyers email request is less then 5%. If you could please follow up with the appropriate team so that we don't have to keep posting screenshots of the same error.

I want to provide buyers with the best service on ebay. This error adds a lot of friction to that. I also realize this is probably intentional to prevent spam, but in these cases I am responding directly to a buyers request

error offers.jpg

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

I have also received this message on multiple occasions. 

The first time it popped up, I asked the customer to contact eBay Customer Service. The customer let me know that they were informed there was “no problem” with their account, and the seller should have no problem extending an offer. This was false information and the message continued to pop up at my end.

The second time this occurred was this morning. I forwarded the message to the customer (see attached), and requested they contact customer service. I received a terse reply that they would not contact eBay since the “problem is at your end”. They further informed me they have bought many items on eBay recently and I’m the only seller that “has a problem”.

As a small seller, losing one or more customers over a software issue has a pronounced effect on my sales. Is it possible to have this resolved before we get any further into the holiday sales season?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

5CEAE842-C9C5-4A57-BE3C-5A9B504053EF.jpeg

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

Thanks for the recent examples @coinslabz26 @avintagerenaissance 

I sent these over to the tech team and hope to get it resolved ASAP! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

Adding a screenshot in case this helps. 

A customer who I sent an offer to, let it expire and sent me a message asking me to consider a lower price. 

On desktop, clicking the reply with offer button gave me the "There is an active offer for this buyer or the limit of offers has been reached" error. 

Then, I went on the iOS app and used the reply with offer button, the offer went through without any problem and now when I look at the offers page I can see the original expired offer, and the new active offer. 

So I guess if anyone else is having this problem, just use the ios app for now. 

ebayscreenshot.jpg

Message 15 of 37
latest reply